Thread: Lucid Dreams...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Lucid Dreams...

Okay, so my friend is telling me some bullshit called "Lucid Dreams".
    Lucid Dreaming is supposedly when you are semi conscious but dreaming and can manipulate the dream in any way you want (kinda like a god figure).
    I want to know if anyone has had experience with this and whether or not it's true...
    Me and Marceline are married :3 Bitches be jelly.

Thanks
    It is true and very possible.
    I've done it on several occasions.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    It is true and very possible.
    I've done it on several occasions.
    Do you listen to the calming vibes and shit?
    Also, how long did it take you to get into this "Sub conscious reality"?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlogicalSloth View Post
    Do you listen to the calming vibes and shit?
    Also, how long did it take you to get into this "Sub conscious reality"?
    I did not, I just slip into it - can't really say why though.
    I think I unconsciously slip into my subconscious. It's sadly happening a lot less frequently now.

But I have to say, it's very fun.
    Although I can still without problem wake up with something I learned ages ago and then go back into it and be in that state.So by that I mean that I can wake up from a dream then jack back in and continue it, although not as vivid.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Don't see why you're calling it "bullshit".
    Lucid dream - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I think I unconsciously slip into my subconscious. It's sadly happening a lot less frequently now.

Although I can still without problem wake up with something I learned ages ago and then go back into it and be in that state.So by that I mean that I can wake up from a dream then jack back in and continue it, although not as vivid.

That's unreal... How long did it take you to "Master" this to the point where you could easily slip into one?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Aren't they dangerous like they cause a chemical imbalance or something.

Thanks
    Lucid dreaming is possible, I myself have not done it though.
    Member Level 1 since 4/20/11 - 8/4/14
    Member Level 2 since 8/4/14 - present

Thanks
    This happens to you when you're really tired, or when you force yourself to have a lucid dream. I did this experience a few times now.
    It feels really weird, since you feel like it is real. If you ever do this, try to find a mirror. It was the creepiest thing I have ever seen. You can't see yourself in the mirror, you see nothing or a random creature. I hate when it turns into a nightmare while youre in "sleep paralysis", because the different ways to force yourself to wake up (try blinking. You never blink while you're dreaming. Or try to make fast movements like clapping or things that would normally hurt you) aren't always working.

It's possible to control your lucid dreams through training. You can write down your dreams directly after you wake up, because you forget 80% of your last dream after 5 Minutes! It can be the most awesome thing to experience since you can fly around and do whatever you like,...but it can also end up as the worst nightmare you ever had.

prev. Names: HΔSTUR ▬ Sound.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Yes it's possible, my post relates to it kinda.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    Don't see why you're calling it "bullshit".
    Lucid dream - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It's pretty hard to believe that somebody can master their sub consciousness to the point where they can control their dreams.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlogicalSloth View Post
    That's unreal... How long did it take you to "Master" this to the point where you could easily slip into one?
    That's something I'd rather be vague at, I can't say that I have "mastered" it.
    And giving anything near exact to what I've reached now is impossible since I can't remember when it started.
    I guess it kind of started when I was in 4th grade or something? I also had very vivid dreams as a kid.

Although, if you sleep a lot, like me you can probably "master" slipping back in pretty easily.
    If you "practice" remembering as much as you can from your dream when you wake up and during the course of the day try to remember as much as possible.
    Then I guess, "analyze" it. So that when you are able to remember a more substantial amount you can probably try to "slip" back in by closing your eyes, thinking yourself back into it and from there on you can create your own imagery until you (very individual) likely fall asleep again and then you should be fully aware of the fact that you are dreaming and have near or complete control of your dream.

Additional information, you can always have a "token" to show you that you are dreaming.
    When I was younger I used to play a lot of playstation, and out of boredom I cheated a lot.
    So in my dreams I suddenly had a controller in my hand (signifying that I'm asleep as I would never have a controller outside of the house, and it was wireless - in that day and age that was not yet invented on consoles), and I started typing in a code for my brain that I could fly.

So if you train yourself to have some sort of beacon of control somehow that could also make it more easy for you to get started.

If you're still sticking with me on this, you could start right away by trying to go back to sleep once you wake up.
    I sleep an additional 4 - 6 hours if I can each day (I'm out of work) because I don't have anything else to do, and dreaming is fun.

You can also try if you are dreaming something you don't like to get out of it.
    i.e. My trick:
    if I close my eyes in a dream I don't like and then look upright diagonal I kind of get a "pop" (trapped air most likely under the eyelid) causing me to wake up.

Hope this helps, fuck you if you didn't remotely read this, I'm trying to help.
    Cheers.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

That's something I'd rather be vague at, I can't say that I have "mastered" it.
    And giving anything near exact to what I've reached now is impossible since I can't remember when it started.
    I guess it kind of started when I was in 4th grade or something? I also had very vivid dreams as a kid.

Although, if you sleep a lot, like me you can probably "master" slipping back in pretty easily.
    If you "practice" remembering as much as you can from your dream when you wake up and during the course of the day try to remember as much as possible.
    Then I guess, "analyze" it. So that when you are able to remember a more substantial amount you can probably try to "slip" back in by closing your eyes, thinking yourself back into it and from there on you can create your own imagery until you (very individual) likely fall asleep again and then you should be fully aware of the fact that you are dreaming and have near or complete control of your dream.

Additional information, you can always have a "token" to show you that you are dreaming.
    When I was younger I used to play a lot of playstation, and out of boredom I cheated a lot.
    So in my dreams I suddenly had a controller in my hand (signifying that I'm asleep as I would never have a controller outside of the house, and it was wireless - in that day and age that was not yet invented on consoles), and I started typing in a code for my brain that I could fly.

So if you train yourself to have some sort of beacon of control somehow that could also make it more easy for you to get started.

If you're still sticking with me on this, you could start right away by trying to go back to sleep once you wake up.
    I sleep an additional 4 - 6 hours if I can each day (I'm out of work) because I don't have anything else to do, and dreaming is fun.

Hope this helps, fuck you if you didn't remotely read this, I'm trying to help.
    Cheers.
    I read through the whole thing !!
    It does help a lot actually. I never thought this possible till now, I will probably give it a go when nobody is home tomorrow.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I do it every time.
    One minute I am dreaming about T-Rex, then I am Ironman.
    Bad thing is that you feel the change and are awake, AND it doesn't feel like real one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Kind of weird.

"It doesn't matter who the people voted for; they always vote for us".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast