Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid

Exclamation Low Budget.. HELP!

Hi everyone! Can you help me choose a better Graphics card? My old graphics card was Nvidia GeForce 6150Se.. I think its integrated.. And it reached only 20 FPS despite all the tweaks and boosts I've done to the game and computer.. So my father told me he would buy a new Graphics card but our budget is tight because I'm going to college.. So I did some research and found this VillMan Computer Something that sells computer and parts so here they are.. Were not that rich by the way.. And I'm in the PHILIPPINES..

GeForce GT630 - P 2,399 - $ 60
    GeForce 7600GT - P 1,499 - $ 40
    Radeon HD6670 - P 3,299 - $ 80
    Radeon HD5670 - P 2,499 - $ 60
    Radeon HD5570 - P 2,099 - $ 50

Which do you think is the best? I know the most expensive is the best but which has a GOOD fps with a GOOD price? And could also run new games (low FPS is alright with me, I survived CF with 15 FPS when I first played it) And could also run Mercenary Online because CF is plagued with cheats right now.. If not because of me and my sister going to college, the start of classes, and shit like that, we could afford something thats more expensive than those but PRIORITIES first..

Also can you predict the average FPS on each of those? With highest/mid/lowest settings on CrossFire? Thank you very much!

Do you think I also have to change my CPU? And add more RAM? I don't mind playing at lowest settings at least I have 60 FPS..

---SYSTEM SUMMARY---

Mainboard : ECS MCP61M-M3
    Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V
    Processor : AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 3000 MHz
    Physical Memory : 2048 MB (1 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Hard Disk : Seagate ST350041 3AS SCSI Disk Device (500GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : Toshiba-Samsung CDDVDW SH-S223C
    Monitor Type : Acer Acer E190HQV - 19 inches
    Network Card : NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
    Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
    DirectX : Version 11.00
    Ram : 2.0 GB (1.75 Usable)
    Windows Performance Index : 2.0 on 7.9
    PSU : 600W

I think my CPU will be fine because watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo_kbgIGKpc which might mean I just need a new GPU and RAM
    Last edited by Homeworld2; 05-31-2013 at 10:57 PM.

THANK ME IF YOU HAD A LAUGH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I'd recommend nvidia or evga gpu's, my build has a Evga 550 Ti. It's a hundred bucks, you can get it on newegg, and it honestly has all the power you need.

If you upgrade gpu's, it might bottleneck or probably will bottleneck your system. So, I recommend saving for a new, good, gigabyte board, the gpu I suggested, and a new cpu.

What kind of PSU do you have? Do you know?
    Too lazy to look up your current processor specs, how many cores and what's the speed?
    (Again, didn't read post so I have no clue if you give info on...) Your current video card?
    Your motherboards specs?
    And how about RAM?
    Lol, sorry, I know, a lot to ask. But you don't want to buy a new GPU and for you to put it in, for there to be compatibility issues with the Motherboard, PSU, and CPU. As that happened with me, and it didn't turn out so good.
    Mainly, you want a motherboard with at least PCI Express 2.0 (don't know if you have that)
    Dual channel memory, and if you're going for AMD processors, I'd go for A AM3+ socket Motherboard.

Edit, if you have a am3 socket, (most likely do.) go on newegg.com and search for a AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W. It's a quad core, 3.0GHz and it's AM3, and 95W.
    Last edited by OverSkies; 05-31-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Didn't read whole post, added the cpu information.
    No.

Add me on skype, if you need help with anything.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OverSkies For This Useful Post:

Homeworld2 (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by OverSkies View Post
    I'd recommend nvidia or evga gpu's, my build has a Evga 550 Ti. It's a hundred bucks, you can get it on newegg, and it honestly has all the power you need.

If you upgrade gpu's, it might bottleneck or probably will bottleneck your system. So, I recommend saving for a new, good, gigabyte board, the gpu I suggested, and a new cpu.

What kind of PSU do you have? Do you know?
    Too lazy to look up your current processor specs, how many cores and what's the speed?
    (Again, didn't read post so I have no clue if you give info on...) Your current video card?
    Your motherboards specs?
    And how about RAM?
    Lol, sorry, I know, a lot to ask. But you don't want to buy a new GPU and for you to put it in, for there to be compatibility issues with the Motherboard, PSU, and CPU. As that happened with me, and it didn't turn out so good.
    Mainly, you want a motherboard with at least PCI Express 2.0 (don't know if you have that)
    Dual channel memory, and if you're going for AMD processors, I'd go for A AM3+ socket Motherboard.

Edit, if you have a am3 socket, (most likely do.) go on newegg.com and search for a AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W. It's a quad core, 3.0GHz and it's AM3, and 95W.

Mainboard : ECS MCP61M-M3
    Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V
    Processor : AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 3000 MHz
    Physical Memory : 2048 MB (1 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Hard Disk : Seagate ST350041 3AS SCSI Disk Device (500GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : Toshiba-Samsung CDDVDW SH-S223C
    Monitor Type : Acer Acer E190HQV - 19 inches
    Network Card : NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
    Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
    DirectX : Version 11.00
    Ram : 2.0 GB (1.75 Usable)
    Windows Performance Index : 2.0 on 7.9
    [/FONT]

What do you mean by GPU bottleneck? Also, I live in the PHILIPPINES and I don't have any online bank account, etc..

Thanks
    Get a used graphics card of eBay or Craiglist (Or whatever the equivalent for your country is) You can actually find some really good deals.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to asdf121212 For This Useful Post:

Homeworld2 (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    A 6670?

Also, a CPU/GPU bottleneck is where one or the other is not fast enough to keep up with the other; causing it to 'hold back' its potential [FPS]

e.g. I had a pentium D intel on my old PC, I had bought and installed a 6670, expected much greater results e.g. 60+FPS on COD 4, but I had much less because my CPU was bottlenecking it.

-sorry for the brief/shitty explanation-
    Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post

It's funny how everyone comes to MPGH with their problems

Fuck her and get it over with..
    Press that 'Thanks' button below this if I helped you in my post

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FangedBeast For This Useful Post:

Homeworld2 (06-02-2013)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delko DJ For This Useful Post:

Domokun_index (06-02-2013),Homeworld2 (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    In my opinion, I'd upgrade your processor, to the one I suggested, and your RAM.

But other than that, I'm telling you, get the GPU I suggested from newegg. You don't have a credit card? That's all you need, no need for paypal or amazon payments.
    No.

Add me on skype, if you need help with anything.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OverSkies For This Useful Post:

Homeworld2 (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by OverSkies View Post
    In my opinion, I'd upgrade your processor, to the one I suggested, and your RAM.

But other than that, I'm telling you, get the GPU I suggested from newegg. You don't have a credit card? That's all you need, no need for paypal or amazon payments.
    Thanks but do I really have to upgrade my CPU? Cause I did some research and found that 3.0 ghz and dual core processor is okay for gaming.. Buying new RAM and GPU is alright with me but CPU... I dont know.. I guess I'm gonna be fine with it.. And I think Ill have to choose HD 5570 right now and 2 gb RAM.. I'm not a hardcore gamer or stuff.. And popular games in the Philippines right now doesn't really need mid to top of the line computers..

And I think Im gonna buy a newer better GPU at the end of the year.. So do you guys think Im gonna be fine with the HD 5570?? Low FPS at low settings is fine with me as long as its 30+ FPS..
    I survived 2 years on a 20- FPS and I think its time for a change

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FangedBeast View Post
    A 6670?

Also, a CPU/GPU bottleneck is where one or the other is not fast enough to keep up with the other; causing it to 'hold back' its potential [FPS]

e.g. I had a pentium D intel on my old PC, I had bought and installed a 6670, expected much greater results e.g. 60+FPS on COD 4, but I had much less because my CPU was bottlenecking it.

-sorry for the brief/shitty explanation-

Wow these two processors' performance are very close to each other > https://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentiu...hlon-II-X2-250 <.. But how much FPS do you think I'll get on COD 4 if I get HD 5570.. Cause that's the only GPU I can buy for now because I'll buy a 2 gb RAM and a Sound Card..

HEY EVERYBODY, DO YOU THINK HD 5570 AND A SOUND CARD WOULD FIT IN MY PC?
    2 PCI, 1 PCIE 1x, and 1 PCIE 16x SLOTS

This is what my motherboard looks like https://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/ima....0)_430300.png
    Last edited by Homeworld2; 06-01-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    UP (message too short)

Thanks
    This build is outdated. I'd suggest creating a new build and save for something which will run games for the next couple of years.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Domokun_index For This Useful Post:

Homeworld2 (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Oh well.. I'll close this thread now.. I'll stick with HD 5570 for now.. Even though it's old, it's till good .. I'm gonna buy a newer better one at the end of this year anyway IF I don't get satisfied with it.. IF.. .. Thank you everyone for the time .. HD 5570, 2 GB RAM and a Sound Card, I'm gonna be fine with all of them.. 60 FPS below and even 25-30 FPS is fine with me.. As long as I get free from that damn 20 FPS .. Thank you all! May you all have a good day!

.. How do i close this thread? Please tell me.. For I wanna learn how for my future threads.. Thanks!
    Last edited by Homeworld2; 06-02-2013 at 08:27 PM.