Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

How are AVA accounts appraised for trading?

This question I am asking about has to do with AVA accounts and their value when buying/selling/trading.

Over the times I have camped out here just for the hax, I usually snoop around the AVA section of MPGH and saw that people do account trading. So I took a peek at the ongoing offers. I have been observing some of the offers that people get when trading certain accounts, and of course, people form a price based on several factors.

So far I see that most of the price is formed from the AP capsule guns that reside in one's account. Some might say rank have some (not substantial) effect on the price. I might also guess (from doing a quite a bit of TF2 trading) that certain promotional guns may be rated higher than normal weapons due to limited availability/circulation. Some may be based off of demand. And of course, value can be reduced if hacks/exploits were used to farm/buff this account.

For simplicity, let's assume an account up for sale/trade is completely legitimate. In this scenario, I would like to know some things.

1) What is a starting (?) price for most AP guns? Promotional guns? (guns like 92FS ENGRAVE, Roswells, Noels, Freedoms, etc.)
    2) How much is the price for euro capsules? (My understanding is that it is not much, but how much?)
    3) How much does your soldier rank affect price?
    4) What about the amount of euros and the amount of unused AP stored in this account?
    5) How different is the price when you buy a shop weapon via AP rather than euros? Is it about the same?
    6) [Debatable] Given the recent update, how will pre-patch permanent guns affect the price later into the future? (Again, assuming you didn't hack i.e. replace binaries. Also assuming that Aeria doesn't give a fuck about the players concerns.)
    7) ???
    8) PROFIT

Fire away! Don't stress yourself by answering everything.
    Last edited by aznfreak93; 06-11-2013 at 05:56 PM.
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Wiki Editor: March - August, 2014

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Honestly, it would depend on the buyer. If the buyer REALLY wants a specific gun, they would offer more. But for the most part it goes something like this:

AP Guns usually start off around the price of about $15 per gun. AP Pistols would be worth around $5 to $10 each. They are certain AP guns that might have more value due to how rare the gun is.
    EX:
    An account with FG42, Mosin, Python and S&W M29 would be worth around $50.

The price of the account also depends on the seller. How fast they want the money, if they care they're losing profit & are they in need of money.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Exotiic. For This Useful Post:

aznfreak93 (06-12-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by gotswagx View Post
    Honestly, it would depend on the buyer. If the buyer REALLY wants a specific gun, they would offer more. But for the most part it goes something like this:

AP Guns usually start off around the price of about $15 per gun. AP Pistols would be worth around $5 to $10 each. They are certain AP guns that might have more value due to how rare the gun is.
    EX:
    An account with FG42, Mosin, Python and S&W M29 would be worth around $50.

The price of the account also depends on the seller. How fast they want the money, if they care they're losing profit & are they in need of money.
    Of course. Negotiating is definitely part of deciding a price on it. And again, the last part of you statement does makes sense since I dealt with this sort of thing in the TF2 trading world.

I was more curious as to a general price range for certain guns and such. From the TF2 standpoint, people always go crazy on "spreadsheet" prices and try to profit "metal and keys" based off of a well-accepted pricing system. More or less I am wondering what most people will say an AP gun is worth, a certain promotional item may be worth, and so forth. Thanks for giving an answer for the AP guns.
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Wiki Editor: March - August, 2014