Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Here's an article from Jim Sterling about why the Xbox One DRM isn't a fit for the industry.
    An industry that needs Xbox One DRM is a failed industry - Destructoid

But does it matter? The things that made Xbox separate from the PS4 are now gone. Sony has gained my trust through what they've done with PS+, their exclusives, and their stance on next-gen.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

I don't get how that can be used as an argument for xbox really. Spec wise it loses.
    I mean really the only thing it has over the PS4 is what? The Kinnect? Lelz
    I wasn't using it as an argument for the Xbox. I posted it more as a summary of what everyone keeps shitting. I could really care less about either console at this point, as I'm sticking with my PC. As the image says, each console has its ups and downs but will both be better than what we currently have. Also, if you choose one over the other, don't be a dick about it and circlejerk. Respect each other's choices and keep playing.

I'm simply tired of all these threads filling up General when it accomplishes nothing. Xbox fanboys will still buy the Xbox, same goes for Sony fanboys.

But let's face it, we haven't seen what can be done by developers with the new Kinect. From what I've seen, the PS Move is a joke. As for specs, you're right, the PS4 is the winner, but the main question is how developers are going to utilize the power.
    Last edited by Killian; 06-21-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GAYape View Post

alright then , please explain why xbox is better .

OT :
    This so called idea of being able to purchase your content digitally has been here for ages , there is absolutely nothing new to this . (atleast for psn)
    I wasn't saying xbox one is better.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyak View Post

All the sony obsessed people making up some silly reason why sony is still better is a lot more annoying.

I just like watching the arguments.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post
    With a purely digital version, you can do all of that. So for those of you who are ready to move on and throw away all their CDs, you can do that with the Xbox One as well.
    We've already been over the fact that optical disks are still the best way

If you don't use the disk and just use the digital version, how is it any different than a rental service? Like I said, once they stop distributing the game, you better hope your hard drive doesn't fail or soemthing or else you lose the game.

Nobody wants to spend 500 dollars for a rental service.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post

I wasn't using it as an argument for the Xbox. I posted it more as a summary of what everyone keeps shitting. I could really care less about either console at this point, as I'm sticking with my PC. As the image says, each console has its ups and downs but will both be better than what we currently have. Also, if you choose one over the other, don't be a dick about it and circlejerk. Respect each other's choices and keep playing.

I'm simply tired of all these threads filling up General when it accomplishes nothing. Xbox fanboys will still buy the Xbox, same goes for Sony fanboys.

But let's face it, we haven't seen what can be done by developers with the new Kinect. From what I've seen, the PS Move is a joke. As for specs, you're right, the PS4 is the winner, but the main question is how developers are going to utilize the power.
    Like I've said in the past I've always bought Xbox. Never even owned anything sony as far as game platforms go.
    So really if anything I "was" a microsoft fanboy. I'm just really not a big fan of this system, and as far as the kinnect goes I'm not convinced that it's the future of gaming, I'm just not. If anything it's only real usefulness would be more on the entertainment tech end of things.
    Maybe facial recognition for character customization in games, but like you said that's something that would be on the game developers end.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Like I've said in the past I've always bought Xbox. Never even owned anything sony as far as game platforms go.
    So really if anything I "was" a microsoft fanboy. I'm just really not a big fan of this system, and as far as the kinnect goes I'm not convinced that it's the future of gaming, I'm just not. If anything it's only real usefulness would be more on the entertainment tech end of things.
    Maybe facial recognition for character customization in games, but like you said that's something that would be on the game developers end.
    Don't worry, you're not a fanboy. You don't blindly believe in your company of choice simply because of the namesake. You make educated and informed decisions, and that's what matters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12