Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Getting a job is way too much work than its worth

- but I need one.

I have literally applied to every job in a 3 hour transit radius from my house (3 fucking hours of transit for like a 5 - 8 hour part-time shift, FUCK THAT) and I still haven't gotten a job.

Am I the only person that has this much trouble finding a fucking job?

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    Trouble finding? No, I just can't be fucked.

Thanks
    Where the fuck are you at? I got one after looking for ~2 weeks. I'm 17 and working ~20 hours a week photoshopping shit for store displays.

You live in a shithole or are doing something wrong.

I WANT TO BE BANNED NO PLS ARUN DUN DO ET
    Thanks
    You got rejected by Mc Donalds.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    You're not the only one.
    I spent three weeks dicking around with this restaurant and 6 others stores. I call them back the next day, go back to the workplace just to show my face but I don't get shit.

Its fucking ridiculous. Maybe if I was a gil and just flashed my tits everywhere I would be in better shape...

Thanks
    No, I literally got a job after applying for only 1 after a week. Maybe you just suck at interviews.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InCognito For This Useful Post:

DutchAirForce (06-25-2013),Low Tide (06-24-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post
    No, I literally got a job after applying for only 1 after a week. Maybe you just suck at interviews.
    Haven't been called for any interviews.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post
    Haven't been called for any interviews.
    lmao. Look for paid internships, maybe around local schools. They are good for experience on resumes and they will hire newly graduated highschool students.

Thanks
    After three weeks of looking, I snagged a higher position at a petroleum distribution company where I'll be working 50+ hours a week for $19.50/h. In 90 days, I'll be eligible for a raise to $20+/h. Started working there almost a year ago, but got let go after the first week since they over-hired. Glad I got back on. Pays to know people.

Where have you applied? Grocery stores, fast food chains, locally owned businesses? A good summer job (that can continue into other seasons if your work is adequate and impressive) would be for product distribution companies, such as Coca-Cola and Pepsi, as a Rotating Account Merchandiser. You'd basically go into stores and stock the shelves with specific products.

Seriously bro, start making phone calls to the places you've applied. Just call asking whether or not positions are still open and if they'll be reviewing applications soon. Get your name out there, so if a position does come up, the management will think "I remember this young determined guy, Jeremy, was calling about this position." Start bugging employers on a weekly basis. Put your applications in repeatedly whenever you get the chance.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    After three weeks of looking, I snagged a higher position at a petroleum distribution company where I'll be working 50+ hours a week for $19.50/h. In 90 days, I'll be eligible for a raise to $20+/h. Started working there almost a year ago, but got let go after the first week since they over-hired. Glad I got back on. Pays to know people.

Where have you applied? Grocery stores, fast food chains, locally owned businesses? A good summer job (that can continue into other seasons if your work is adequate and impressive) would be for product distribution companies, such as Coca-Cola and Pepsi, as a Rotating Account Merchandiser. You'd basically go into stores and stock the shelves with specific products.

Seriously bro, start making phone calls to the places you've applied. Just call asking whether or not positions are still open and if they'll be reviewing applications soon. Get your name out there, so if a position does come up, the management will think "I remember this young determined guy, Jeremy, was calling about this position." Start bugging employers on a weekly basis. Put your applications in repeatedly whenever you get the chance.
    Honestly, a lot easier said than done.
    My problem is I don't like to nag, and when calling back multiple times I feel as if I'm disrupting my future employers so they aren't going to hire me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWoods View Post
    Honestly, a lot easier said than done.
    My problem is I don't like to nag, and when calling back multiple times I feel as if I'm disrupting my future employers so they aren't going to hire me.
    I said the same thing when my father was pressuring me to get a job. I'm not saying call every day, I'm just suggesting he gets in contact with the management and makes sure they know his name and of his eagerness to work. Submit your application weekly. As an employer, who would you want to hire? The one who puts in his app and looks like all the other prospects, or the one who shows determination and an eagerness to work?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Killian For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (06-24-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

I said the same thing when my father was pressuring me to get a job.?
    I'm in the same situation as you used to be in. I'm 19 and my step dad is on my ass like dingle-berries telling me to get a job. But most of the job places I have been to all the positions are filled or the people just never call me back with shit. I guess some people give off different vibes.

When I'm in interviews I always feel like they are focused on my hair. I have very curly hair and even when I do things to it I still look like a stoner. They say first impressions are everything and I always dress up when going places no matter what the job is.

Thanks

I said the same thing when my father was pressuring me to get a job. I'm not saying call every day, I'm just suggesting he gets in contact with the management and makes sure they know his name and of his eagerness to work. Submit your application weekly. As an employer, who would you want to hire? The one who puts in his app and looks like all the other prospects, or the one who shows determination and an eagerness to work?
    ^ This.

I called every two days, showed my face once a week, and put in five applications. Was hired in three weeks, they even overlooked my positive drug test because I showed so much more promise than everyone else who applied. I'm making 14 an hour now and I started off at 9, it's been one year. Easy peesy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Killian (06-24-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

You got here a nice suggestion and I'll also take it when I start looking for jobs some years from now.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Perhaps I should start doing that, sending emails and phone calls.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast