Thanks

DEBATE: PS3 or XBOX 360. Which one should I buy?

I am going to make 2 teams. Team XBOX 360 and Team Playstation 3. Each team will consist of 3 people and they will debate back and forth over a period of 48 hours. At the end of the debate... whoever I think has made better points, will decide which console I will purchase.

Rules:

1. All foul mouthing, backstabbing, dirty talking, and all around meanness is encouraged.

2. Along with all the trash talking I would like SOLID points. Nothing like PS3 is better because its black and I pwnt ur momma. << that crap is dumb and I don't want to hear it.

3. Facts are necessary... if you say such and such game is coming out and it will own all, I want to know when and details about it. Websites also if they are up.

4. Have fun... don't make it serious at all. Its not for anything important, just what I am going to blow about 1grand on all together =)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever wants to be on a team... reply to this topic in this format...

1. Name
    2. Team (X-Box or PS3)
    3. Why you like this system
    4. Why you deserve to be on the team

I will pick 3 for each and open up the debate and let it go on for a 48 hour period... after which I will stop listening and read the points. The next day I will announce the winner.

Have fun all!

Thanks
    I don't feel like debating on things I haven't got a clue about, but here's some input. Getting either of these consoles is a waste, they might have some good games today, but give them a few months and there will be new consoles/new games. That's why I just stick you computer games and upgrading my computer when unnecessary. Now, finally, the answer; get an Xbox 360. I don't know why, but my brother seems to want one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    As fun as it may be, I don't have the time. All I know is, regardless of all the other consoles...

FFXIII, KH3, GT5, and MGS4 is the only reason I need to get a PS3. I believe the PS3 will win in the end over the 360, it's superior in every way. Buying a 360 Elite + Hard Drive will set you back quite a bit, alot more than the PS3. The 360 is leading right now, but it's had a long time to shine, PS3 will have probably over 8 million sales by the end of this year, and catch up quite quick to the 360.

The only reason I don't have a PS3 yet is because I can't pick it up directly at the store.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Turisto View Post
    I don't feel like debating on things I haven't got a clue about, but here's some input. Getting either of these consoles is a waste, they might have some good games today, but give them a few months and there will be new consoles/new games. That's why I just stick you computer games and upgrading my computer when unnecessary. Now, finally, the answer; get an Xbox 360. I don't know why, but my brother seems to want one.
    I disagree. If you look at how long it actually to ps3 to be released after the ps2 we wont be getting any new consoles for awhile. Now with games I agree. But you see the games out right now like Gears of War, Resistance: Fall of Man are going to be the benchmarks of the systems. You can expect AT LEAST 1 more part of the series from both before there is even talk about another console. Not to mention the infamous Halo 3 which wont be out for another half a year.

So the points for each system are debatable. But I do agree that computer gaming is great, if not, the best way to game. But I am tired of sitting at my comp for hours on end. I would rather sit on my couch =)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    get a sony bravia like me, i have two of them one 40 the other is a 52, they all have hdmi and regular pc input, so you can sit on your couch with your computer :O
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    HONESTLY ps3 is a good system but rather get xbox 360 ps3 cost more for shit
    cuz they got "blue ray" thts it and xbox graphics a lil bit better but if ps3 gets good games then ps3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Actually the PS3 has better graphics, it's been proven, multi-platform games such as FEAR run on higher anti-aliasing. It has better graphics, more processing speed, and can cure diseases in it's spare time with Folding@Home.

It's technically cheaper than the Xbox 360 technology wise. Take the 360 Elite at $479 (which has a HDMI port, wireless controllers, and a hard drive to match the PS3), and add the $200 dollar HD-DVD player, and you are at $679, plus the $50 dollars for Xbox Live (free for PS3). The PS3 in the end run is cheaper than the 360. In the end, it still doesn't have WIFI internet.

The only downside for the PS3 is the games aren't that good yet. But it's getting LittleBigPlanet which is going to be so bad ass!

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    Yeah, the PS3 Graphics are alot better than the 360. The only reason I am considering a 360 is because of the bad ass games it has. The Playstation WILL win in the long run, just because of the games in development. But at the moment I can't stop thinking about Gears of War, Halo 3, Lost planet, and so on and so forth.

*edit* I sell tv's at Sam's Club and the Bravia is THE SHIT!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    dude, lost planet, looks cool off magazine pages, but in the end, its just a piece of shit japanese game, every level end is a boss, makes you take a long trip to get there, and stupid frikken heat life source shit is annoying, overall not such a fun game
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    i got x360 for halo 3

it still isnt out

i really dont play it much, it gets pretty boring...so im gonna get a ps3

Thanks
    Firstly know the HD-DVD is not Blu-Ray... Blu-Ray Dvd's hold "Theoretically" 200gb worth of data. Where HD-DVD hold "Theoretically" 60gb worth of data.

Blu-Ray triples HD-DVD and more in space. With a 200gb game, developers will take the Playstations processing power to the limit.

www.us.playstation.com/Lair/

Check out lair and tell me what you think...

jus some more info for you debaters