Poll: No Outside Links

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    sorry if i am only 4 years old
    i support the rule

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    fdrules .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    i hate the no out side link rule cause u gotta wait 241 years for a stupid minion to approve the god damn shit. besides virus total results can be faked easily ill just scan the clean file and give u the one with the virus instead. AND IF PEOPLE CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT IS A VIRUS AND WHAT ISNT THEN THEY DESERVE TO BE INFECTED CAUSE IF U OPEN UP A 30KB FILE AND ITS SUPPOSED TO BE AN AIMBOT THEN SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY WRONG
    [IMG]https://i488.photobucke*****m/albums/rr247/beteasta1/naruto2.png[/IMG]
    [img]https://www.danasof*****m/sig/231698.jpg[/img]
    Press The Thanks Button..Can't Hurt!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    No.
    The rule stays.

..::Latest::..

..::Gifts::..
    [][][][][][]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    it is good like it is right now, if it changes again people will not notice whats going on
    Quote Originally Posted by TaTyTu View Post
    I don't know who's the fuck is napoleon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    What's brazzers?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Apparently in the CA and CF section, you can post links as long as its safe and appropriate.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by suseke16 View Post
    Apparently in the CA and CF section, you can post links as long as its safe and appropriate.
    you know what, fuck u
    Quote Originally Posted by TaTyTu View Post
    I don't know who's the fuck is napoleon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    What's brazzers?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by suseke16 View Post
    I've noticed that, but you can not post any I believe over PM :L

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hispiforce View Post
    What about the children? THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
    Yes pl0x,we be lonely.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Hispiforce View Post
    What about the children? THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
    Gourav is "taking care" of them

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    No Outside Links User Poll

First off plz don't ban me.... I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but Im just stating my opinion so before you reply to this post plz do not flame, tell me my opinion doesn't matter or that this isn't a democracy, all these things are obvious (lol). Please contribute to this thread either by stating your argument as to why the rule should be lifted or as to why the rule should stay in place. What Dave does is not our concern its simply our duty to voice our opinions and let what happens happen.

My Reasons to the Remove the rule:
    1. Advertising is not the same thing as posting a link.
    2. A forum is a social networking site that gathers input from many other site. People may need to post links to other sites to share information or to access data.
    3. Linking to other sites does not detract from MPGH. In Many cases it provides a better experience. Take linking to youtube, or blogs, etc. MPGH is a good site, but is not the whole internet, by allowing linking to other sites you bring content that was not available on MPGH to MPGH so that people will not have to go away from the site to find that content.
    4. It pleases users (at least it would plz me. I can not speak on behalf of others, but their votes will determine that) and happy users advertise MPGH. (aka. "word of mouth")
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Please voice your opinion as to wether you agree or disagree with my reasons or have your own reasons. I will update this post with user feedback as the thread grows so that major points will be listed in one spot.

Thankyou.

User Feedback:

-Pro-
    1. All links don't have to be blocked only advertisement or filesharing, Tutorials and personal sites should be allowed. (Deebow & Woop)

2. People can fake links for virus scans (Beteasta3)

-Con-
    1. People post links to file sharing sites that contain viruses. Unsuspecting users may get viruses. (n1kko)

2. Easier to uplaod files through site. (Liz)

Like I said I will keep updating this accordingly. Send me a PM if I missed something. Thanks for the feedback!
    outside links were not banned for advertsiment but for the fact now mpgh is big 100s of people download files here everyday, of which many contain virus, which inturn help our rivals build botnets and lag our server

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by supernova2131 View Post
    Gourav is "taking care" of them
    Oh that's just creepy :{.

Well thx everybody. I think its pretty much determined that its better to keep the link rule the way it is. Just wanted to see where everybody stood.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12