Thanks

My First Attempt with Photoshop

So I'm brand new, I have never touched photoshop before, and I decided to give it a shot, since I have always desired to, and this is what I came up with I know it's small, I apologize, it also screwed up the quality a bit, but by the time I noticed it was going to happen, I was too far in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    Siggy1NoText.jpg  

Siggy1WTEXT.jpg  

Last edited by QuasiChill; 07-16-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks
    looks okay

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Try not to do such complicated things.
    The best thing if you try to get your artistic inspiration from other works, but don't copy.
    If you get a picture what is pretty complex, adding some text in it would not make a good artist out of you.
    Try with simple stuff, trust me simple looks pretty much often better then complex stuff.
    If you got an idea of something, in example a logo with your name with a simple stripe background, then think first what do you need to make stripes and the logo.
    And think about HOW it will look like, which colors ( don't do epic violet color on a yellow background, this looks in most cases just horrible ), size, font, position. Just imagine colors with shapes
    If you got the shape in your head, try to write it down so you don't lose the "vision / imagination"
    The next step would be to think how you can do it in PS, if you don't know how to do stripes. Youtube it. "Stripes photoshop", don't google / youtube for "background", since the method for making stripes is the same for everything.
    The same for text, use your imagination. Don't be lazy. Don't place big copy pasted shit from other sources that covers 90% of the whole picture so you don't have to do much. With other words: Placing a picture from web and adding some text in it doesnt make you better. And i guess you want get better? Then learn, instead of copying. Don't be insulted or get me wrong, i just wants to help you to do it right from the beginning.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by xelawebdev; 07-19-2013 at 05:56 PM.