Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

2013 Christmas PC Build

After Christmas when I get money from my family I'm gonna be upgrading my PC quite a bit, I've made a good amount of money myself so tell me if you think that I could improve in some area's...
    Mobo: MSI Z87-G43 Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) ATX Motherboard
    CPU: i7 4770k 4.2GHz
    Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M Watercooling
    RAM: 16GB Corsair vengance LP 1600Mhz
    GPU: Nvidia 660Ti (Has served me well for a while)
    HDD: 500GB WD + 2TB WD
    SSD: Not sure...
    PSU: A good 80+ 750W/800W PSU
    Optical: Some shitty Samsung
    OS: Some pirated version of Windows Ultimate that I'm using right now, I have it on a USB drive.

So guys, any thoughts on this? I think I might upgrade the GPU to a 770 but I'm not quite sure...
    Last edited by BigScotiaBhoy; 07-17-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    What's your target? What games did you want to play? Do you want to overclock? Will you be doing anything other than gaming? How many monitors do you have and what res?
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    What's your target? What games did you want to play? Do you want to overclock? Will you be doing anything other than gaming? How many monitors do you have and what res?
    I'm going to be playing games such as ARMA III, DayZ, BF3, Crysis, Rust and quite a few other, less demanding games. The rig that I have just now can max BF3 with ease but not so much ARMA and DayZ. I'm going to be getting another monitor at 1920x1080 because the one I have just now is a TV and isn't even 720p, it's a custom resolution at 1202x684. I want this rig so that I won't have to upgrade in the future atleast for 2 years maybe and the fact that I'm a hardcore gamer. I know that the 4770k isn't essential because I won't be doing rendering and such but it just sounds good to say that you have something that's top of the line.
    Last edited by BigScotiaBhoy; 07-17-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by II-SKOTTIE-II View Post

I'm going to be playing games such as ARMA III, DayZ, BF3, Crysis, Rust and quite a few other, less demanding games. The rig that I have just now can max BF3 with ease but not so much ARMA and DayZ. I'm going to be getting another monitor at 1920x1080 because the one I have just now is a TV and isn't even 720p, it's a custom resolution at 1202x684. I want this rig so that I won't have to upgrade in the future atleast for 2 years maybe and the fact that I'm a hardcore gamer. I know that the 4770k isn't essential because I won't be doing rendering and such but it just sounds good to say that you have something that's top of the line.
    Well if you just wan't top of the line then I can't really help you (top of the line is an objective goal). If you wan't the best build you can get according to a budget, save some money and get some good peripherals, then maybe we'll talk.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Well if you just wan't top of the line then I can't really help you (top of the line is an objective goal). If you wan't the best build you can get according to a budget, save some money and get some good peripherals, then maybe we'll talk.
    I'm not wanting the whole build to be top of the line, and my budget I'm thinking is around £600-£800. I already have the Mobo and Watercooler.

Thanks

Meh it looks average. You'll be able to play most on high and some on medium. The GPU is a huge bottle neck too.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Domokun_index View Post

Meh it looks average. You'll be able to play most on high and some on medium. The GPU is a huge bottle neck too.
    Average? I'm pretty sure that if I was to include a 770 it would be on the 'high' end of things, am I correct?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    A 770 is an upgrade version of the GTX660 TI but it is about 46% better, I would get the 770 since it's fairly newer and better.As for the build, I mean it's not a "hardcore" gaming machine but it's not like you can't max out a game and run it at good frames. My friend runs a similar build (Cpu=Vishera@4.5ghz however, and gpu=7950 or 7970, either way a 770 is only a bit lower performance than a 7970) and he maxes out games such as ArmA II/III with like 90fps maybe even higher, I don't go through a lot detail with him.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

I would also look into an SSD, even just a small one for your boot drive because trust me, the 7 second boot is worth it LOL.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Takamish View Post
    A 770 is an upgrade version of the GTX660 TI but it is about 46% better, I would get the 770 since it's fairly newer and better.As for the build, I mean it's not a "hardcore" gaming machine but it's not like you can't max out a game and run it at good frames. My friend runs a similar build (Cpu=Vishera@4.5ghz however, and gpu=7950 or 7970, either way a 770 is only a bit lower performance than a 7970) and he maxes out games such as ArmA II/III with like 90fps maybe even higher, I don't go through a lot detail with him.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

I would also look into an SSD, even just a small one for your boot drive because trust me, the 7 second boot is worth it LOL.
    Actually it's an updated GTX 680. Not sure how you thought it was an upgraded 660 Ti.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Takamish View Post

From what I've read and heard the 770 is like an OC'd 680 and then some. It's supposed to be amazing value for money, which is why I listed it here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    The 770 is pretty good, just bought it and I can easily get arma II/DayZ on highest settings with 60 fps. Didnt try arma 3 yet, but since optimization for it is probably worse than for ArmaII idk...

EDIT: Valley Benchmark results;

On highest settings (ultra)

Highest FPS: 93.4
    Lowest FPS: 32,3
    Average FPS: 49.3
    Last edited by Sunstreaker; 07-18-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    After Christmas when I get money from my family I'm gonna be upgrading my PC quite a bit, I've made a good amount of money myself so tell me if you think that I could improve in some area's...
    Mobo: MSI Z87-G43 Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) ATX Motherboard
    CPU: i7 4770k 4.2GHz
    Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M Watercooling
    RAM: 16GB Corsair vengance LP 1600Mhz
    GPU: Nvidia 660Ti (Has served me well for a while)
    HDD: 500GB WD + 2TB WD
    SSD: Not sure...
    PSU: A good 80+ 750W/800W PSU
    Optical: Some shitty Samsung
    OS: Some pirated version of Windows Ultimate that I'm using right now, I have it on a USB drive.

So guys, any thoughts on this? I think I might upgrade the GPU to a 770 but I'm not quite sure...

Something to consider is getting an SSD instead of your HDD's.

Faster boot times and processing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by jwgering View Post
    Something to consider is getting an SSD instead of your HDD's.

Faster boot times and processing.
    I'm thinking about getting one but I don't really care much for loading and boot times so I think I'll pass.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

I'm thinking about getting one but I don't really care much for loading and boot times so I think I'll pass.
    Just an idea. Good luck with your build.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jwgering For This Useful Post:

Scotia (07-21-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I just got my 770, and let me tell you this it's a beast, running BF3 on 100 fps on ultra. CPU isn't even overclocked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast