Thread: Where to live?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaian13 View Post

I would like to know the cost of living, the cultural aspects, "rules of how to live there", how hard the language is to learn there, transportation, what kinda jobs, education (College), how shopping is there, what are the people like, what is the environment like.. etc.
    Well, one thing i can tell, that it is a lot easyer than my language. But then again, it can be hard. About rules, once u move there, you need to find friends and they can explain to u very well im sure of that. That also goes about everything else. Best help is google to be honest or somebody here who is from that country.
    Edit: After looking top 10 languages, that are hard to learn, in many sites, my language is in top 10 always O.o . But never danish . Also, that i can tell is, that denmark is very flat and the weather can be quite cloudy
    Last edited by Snape; 07-25-2013 at 03:50 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Snape For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (07-25-2013)

Threadstarter
    Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    I'd move to Sweden or Germany.
    Fuck moving to England since it is over populated with Indians and Polish douche bags (I'm from the UK)
    Glad I moved away from that shithole though, just wish my family over there would make a good decision and move here

Okay, why Sweden or Germany? Would you like to elaborate for me?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    I'd move to Sweden or Germany.
    Fuck moving to England since it is over populated with Indians and Polish douche bags (I'm from the UK)
    Glad I moved away from that shithole though, just wish my family over there would make a good decision and move here

Well then don't move to Melbourne because the weather here is constantly shit, it literally changes every 5 minutes. haven't had a hot day in months
    I honestly perfer cooler weather. I dont like sweating balls just from walking down the street, I like to layer up and be comfortable all day
    SuperBadassExtraordinaire says (5:53 PM):
    babysitting is ghey
    Corndog says (5:53 PM):
    ur ghey
    Baron De Montesquieu..Wtf? [Czar] says (5:53 PM):
    you're a breaded hotdog

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PyrexxHero® View Post

I honestly perfer cooler weather. I dont like sweating balls just from walking down the street, I like to layer up and be comfortable all day
    Northern europe for u then.

Thanks

Okay, why Sweden or Germany? Would you like to elaborate for me?
    I don't know really, I know some Swedish and German people, they're all kind and nice

Sweden because it seems clean and a friendly place
    Germany because of the Architecture and the economy I guess

Quote Originally Posted by PyrexxHero® View Post

No, like, literally always raining and cold, not cool weather, freezing weather... it sucks
    Find my latest releases on my YT:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HalfBajan For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (07-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by banditodegod View Post
    Rules to ****** It's really free here, you can be like you want to be.
    Cost of living: Dunno, how do you want to live?(House, hotel, cheap or expensive?)
    Language is kinda hard, but everyone can talk English.
    Transportation: Caps, bus, planes, train, and it's really easy/cheap.
    Jobs: Everything, really everything(Business is the main thing here though)
    Education: Great, cheap, and no fraud.
    Shopping: Good food, good clothing, well, what do you want to know about shopping?
    People: Most people are open to other people, esspecially if you're nice.
    Environment: Flat, lots of little rivers, lakes, and such.(No mountains.)
    Anything specific you want to know?
    Btw, no tornadoes, earthquakes, snakes, bears, wolves, really safe here.
    @ninjaian13

German here

Rules:
    Don't break the law/constitution (pretty simple stuff)

Cost of living:
    It really depends on the location you want to move to, even though we Germans really don't like to bring it up all that often, there is still a discrepancy between West and East Germany (in terms of unemployment, infrastructure and "modernization").
    I am actually moving to our capital in 2 months and in the city you can get a flats (close to city center, 3 rooms, 550 ft²) for 500€/month cold (meaning electricity, heating + other costs not included).

Language:
    German can be a rather confusing language (native + learner alike), we follow the same basic principles as English but have a bunch of extra rules (For example: 'The' has a couple of different meanings in German 'Der' 'Die' 'Das' all translate to 'The'. If you plan on getting German citizenship you will have to learn basic German (you will have to take a test covering very very basic language and common education)

Transportation:
    Germany has very advanced infrastructure, our Railsystem spans across the whole country, many basic cities (above 30k inhabitants) and all major cities have trainstations. Tickets are pretty cheap but that depends on the train type you want to take (We have basic regional, regional express and intercity and intercity express, all different prices).
    All cities (above 80k inhabitants) in Germany have bus systems and major cities have underground/ground city rail systems in addition.
    The most common means of transportation in Germany is the car, we Germans love our cars but treat them more just like transportation device.

Jobs:
    German economy/employment market has a high demand for all sorts of employees and the Bundesagentur für Arbeit (Federal agency for employment, most contracted jobs are listed here) assists in finding a job (and even applying, if you want).

Education:
    I have to tell you that many US edu diplomas or certificates you will bring with you will be not so valuable here, our employment system is very very heavily based on the three main German highschool diplomas, the most basic one is the Hauptschulabschluss (4 years of basic school + finals), the second diploma is the Realschulabschluss (5 years of a more advanced school + finals) and the most advanced highschool diploma is the Abitur (7-8 years of the so called "Gymnasium" + finals). Also, English is a prerequisite for reaching the exams.

Shopping:
    In Germany the american mall system is not very common (shocker, I know), most stores are located in the center of the city/town.

People:
    We have our fair share of asshats and clowns who think they have to be radical to be a good member of society but people in general are nice, open and accepting.
    For example gay marriage is really a non-issue here, it is legal and people don't tend to debate whether it should be outlawed or not x).
    Freedom of Religion is also a big thing in Germany, you can believe what you want and people usually don't talk very much about religious views (Outside of discussions). We also don't have public hate preachers (I have atleast never seen one in the 3 cities I've lived so far).
    In terms on guns/gun control Germany is very strict, public carriage of guns is not allowed under any circumstance (except hunting + parades), licenses are expensive and take a lot of tests to acquire. We do have shooting ranges and clubs but the majority of Germans has no firearms and is pro strict gun regulations. Gun nuts are often not very highly spoken of in Germany :/

Environment:
    Environment is very high regarded in Germany and is present everywhere (even in big cities), we have a lot of parks and greenspaces.
    Northern Germany is the flat land (some hills here and there) and southern Germany is very mountainous.

We do have bears, wolves and snakes but they are pretty scarce nowadays.

If you have more questions feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by C.C.; 07-25-2013 at 11:17 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to C.C. For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (07-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    BangCock .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I would like to know the cost of living, the cultural aspects, "rules of how to live there", how hard the language is to learn there, transportation, what kinda jobs, education (College), how shopping is there, what are the people like, what is the environment like.. etc.

House for two people.
    When do people usually shop? When do Shops usually close, how local is everything?
    Is the environment beautiful, lol? (Girlfriend wants)
    What is the food like?
    What about Internet/Cable TV?
    Phones? Service Providers?
    Movie Theaters?
    Malls?
    Cars, insurance?
    Health Insurance, hospitals, clinics (prices as well Cheap/Expensive?)?
    Clean water (tap water)?
    How modernized is it?
    What city is good?
    Fuck.
    I just typed everything, then Explorer crashed
    Call me on Skype later, home soon.
    "People don't change.
    Circumstances do."

"Trying to find succes without working hard is like trying to harvest where you did not sow"

Bullpop

Will be my supp in LoL

You spin me right round right round

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheFlyingDutchman' For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (07-25-2013)

Thanks
    I live everywhere that has hot girls.

Threadstarter
    Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thank you @Garen and @banditodegod! You guys are lots of help, I will be sure to contact you guys more.
    Last edited by Elocrypt.; 07-25-2013 at 11:00 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Elocrypt. For This Useful Post:

C.C. (07-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    Sweden here

Rules: Don't break the law, but the complications of doing that aren't that bad and things aren't that strict. You can't drink and drive. You can't drink on public places (except restaurants, bars and such). You can't buy anything from the liquor store before turning 20, but you can drink in bars after turning 18

Cost of living: In the big cities it can get hard to get an apartment, if it's central it's even harder and a lot more expensive. If you can accept living 20-40 min outside there shouldn't be any problems. I pay about $462 for 35 square meter, the rent is including a garden, water and tv channels but there are cheaper alternatives. Liquor is really expensive here though. Taxes are high.

Language: Swedish should be easy to learn I heard, since our vocabulary is quite limited. Everyone that are under 40 years old or have finished school should be able to communicate in English.

Transportation: Our public transport is alright but prices will depend on location. Skåne län (southern Sweden) have a lot lower prices and a higher standard than for example Jönköpings län.

Jobs: The unemployment is quite high, but if you are good at something, have an education and/or have good social skills there shouldn't be a problem.

Education: When you study in Sweden you can get financial contribution, you can also take a loan. There's an enormous range of different programs to choose from, but some of them might not do your career any good at all.

Shopping: The "shopping culture" is always growing in the cities. Stores are fucking everywhere and malls are common.

People: Well, don't really now what to say about the people. Maybe @Antipathy has something to share.

Environment: There's a lot of environmental thinking going on and "keeping Sweden clean" is a thingy. Lots of parks, mixed deciduous and coniferous forests and green overall. Southern Sweden is flat and it's very beautiful since there's a lot of fields and cropland there. If you travel north there are a lot of coniferous forest, hills and mountains. We have a lot of elks and deers, there are also bears and wild boars but I've never seen one of those. The only poisonous animal I can recall is one kind of a snake, a pretty small one and they tend to keep away.

Just quote or PM of you got more questions.
    The world is a filthy place, it's a filthy goddamn horror show.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Niet For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (07-25-2013)

Thanks
    People are very "shy", they don't like to talk to strangers, there's a major trust issue everywhere, totally understandable - people here are fucking retarded.
    Not much to say, I'm one of those people that stay indoors, drink and smoke, rarely leave the house due to the outside being full of idiots, indoors there's only one idiot to deal with, inb4mentions me, myself.

tl;dr - They are all fucking stupid, I'm unsure how about 50% of them came past the toddler stage without eating their own fist.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

Elocrypt. (07-25-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Italy/Germany.

Threadstarter
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    People are very "shy", they don't like to talk to strangers, there's a major trust issue everywhere, totally understandable - people here are fucking retarded.
    Not much to say, I'm one of those people that stay indoors, drink and smoke, rarely leave the house due to the outside being full of idiots, indoors there's only one idiot to deal with, inb4mentions me, myself.

tl;dr - They are all fucking stupid, I'm unsure how about 50% of them came past the toddler stage without eating their own fist.
    So.... are they worse than Americans or better?

Quote Originally Posted by Rekreative View Post
    Italy/Germany.

Please, elaborate your suggestion!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Paris, France.
    Donator Since: 03-13-2014
    (Credits to @Jov)

Vouches.[36]

[+3]NotaGMghost- He went first.
    [+2]paparas1398- He went first 2x!
    [+2]ahmedTC- He went first!
    [+3]Silke Vanden Abeele- She went half first.
    [+3]Poxer- I went first 3 times.
    [+1]raow25- I went first.
    [+1]Andyl- I went first. Very trusted!
    [+2]Devil™- I went first,legit!(Maxedout as OMM).
    [+1]Tonylx4- Used OMM.
    [+1]Maxedout- I went first.(Great deal and Great guy.)!
    [+1]Abber- He went first.
    [+2]himekami- Used Maxedout.
    [+1]Heat.- I went first w/o OMM.
    [+2]bannanaman- He went first.(Over 220$ deal)
    [+1]igocham- Used Maxedout.
    [+2]Jeremychubby-Used Busted!
    [+1]jaber006- Went first.
    [+1]silverarc- Went first with a steam key.
    [+1]hidudeshi - Bought a steam key.
    [+1]karlamwood- Refunded the payment 4 times and made a report no reason.
    [+1]Raple's Sheep- !Busted.
    [+1]lol1505- He went first.
    [+1]Flux*- He went first.
    [+1]RobyGenius- He went first.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast