12 16.67%
  • GOD FTW ( BOOOO )

27 37.50%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Nietzsche = Fail, Died with his mommy & insane.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    Hmm it's a quote. I say we stay on topic.

Thanks
    WHY CHRISITANS FAIL

Many Christians secretly find Jesus irrelevant.
    We think He belongs to a different realm and time than the one we must deal with now. He is not considered to be a person of much ability or intelligence, but rather a magical pawn in a religious game. But how can we really commit our life to His words if we think He is irrelevant and any less than the smartest man who ever lived?

Many Christians only want to get to heaven.
    Once we have "accepted Jesus into our heart" and are certain we'll go to heaven when we die, we do enough to feel we are good people (pray on occasion, perhaps go to church), but have little interest in living for Jesus.

Many Christians focus on boundaries.
    We act as if being Christian means not smoking, drinking, swearing, committing adultery, etc. Or that it means going to church regularly, giving tithe, enrolling our children in a Christian school, etc. We don't bother to truly love God (his #1 command!) or learn from Jesus how to live.

Many Christians focus on doctrine.
    Doctrinal focus proclaims "We must believe what is true!" and not "We must do what is good!" The result was centuries of division in the church over baptism, the nature of salvation, the end times, the trinity, predestination, and more, which is only now beginning to show signs of healing.

Many Christians focus on politics.
    Christianity can easily become a political stance and a platform for social action rather than a devout apprenticeship to Jesus.

Most Christians severly misallocate money.
    Like most people, we spend tons of cash on big homes, nice cars, expensive food and entertainment, vacations, and more. Our tithe is spent on gigantic, pretty buildings and impressive multimedia presentations. What if we spent just enough on ourselves to get by, met in homes as the early Christians did, and collectively gave the leftover $20 billion a year from the U.S. alone to feed the hungry as God commanded?

Most Christians severly misallocate time.
    We have a black hole belly for entertainment, relaxation (without God-focus), vain pursuits, working for ourselves rather than God, and more. We spend more time consuming the destructive principles of our popular culture than the lifegiving principles of God.

Much of Christian evangelism has been salvation-centric rather than discipleship-centric.
    "Let's just get their butts into heaven." It seems only recently that major missions organizations have been concerned with fostering Christian discipleship beyond the "salvation moment."

Many Christians oppose secularism more than they live as disciples of Jesus.
    We arrogantly flaunt our intelligence in apologetics, verbally abuse homosexuals, pridefully shun "sinners", bomb planned parenthood clinics, and more.

Many Christians love the wrong way.
    They equate "love" with unqualified acceptance and being nice. But God's love does not enter quiet collusion with other's sin, accept believers with major, obvious, continuing sin into positions of spiritual leadership, or sacrifice truth and holy edification for "being nice" to others.

Many Christian institutions of education, charity, evangelism, and commerce are poorly designed to promote discipleship to Jesus.
    "Your system is perfectly designed to produce the results you are getting." And Christian schools, universities, churches, and other organizations are producing millions of Christians who live no differently than non-Christians. These institutions often inspire more boredom and contempt than spiritual fire, despite their good intentions.

Christianity is usually a religion or culture rather than a devout following of Jesus.
    "I'm a Christian" means for many people that they attend church, pray before meals, wear a cross, wed before a priest, pay tithe, be nice to people, etc., rather than devote their lives to Jesus' way of life.

Most Christians say one thing and do another.
    This is really a symptom of not actually believing what we are saying. If I truly believed throughout my entire being that Jesus had told me the way to be fulfilled and joyful, I wouldn't ever again cultivate lust to feel momentarily satisfied or waste time watching a silly movie rather than living in God's purposes. Somewhere within me I don't trust God's ways to be adequate or correct, and so I do not always act in accordance with my own words.

Many Christians misuse the Bible.
    The Bible is not a scientific textbook, a complete guide to living, or factually inerrant, though it is often used as such. Sometimes, entire doctrines are pulled from a narrow-sighted exegesis of a single verse. These uses cause confusion and disappointment.

Some Christians have developed the idea that they are a persecuted minority.
    Christianity is the most popular single worldview on the planet (including athiesm). It makes little sense for Christians to be so easily intimidated in "secular" settings like universities and workplaces, but many are.

Christians don't try to be special.
    It's easy to be caught up in secular psychology, sociology, behavioral study, and the principles of "modern morality." Because it is extremely normal to allow negative thoughts, let our emotions rule, maintain "minor vices" and "white lies," etc., Christians become just as trapped in the patterns of slow self-destruction as everyone else. But we are called to be anything but normal.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Anton LaVey, himself the founder of the Church of Satan, was an infamous critical thinker. One of his own criticisms of Satanism was that of insincere concocted nonconformity:

“A person devoid of special ability must work harder to become "special," which often results in an abrasive pretense of infallibility. Combine the overachiever's pseudo-specialty with his hauteur of infallibility, and all that's lacking to complete the profile of contemporary "cool" is freeze-dried nonconformity. If nonconformity is Satanism's strength, planned or put-on nonconformity is its greatest weakness. The predictable antics of heavy-handed "Satanists" are quite profitably exploited by non-Satanists”

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I

Thanks
    Yeah when Christians started spreading the infection across Europe, alot of people were killed for not converting over. That's why even today alot of the old "Christian churches" were once Heathen churches.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Jesus is the only God.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    That's ones personal opinion. I don't believe in any religions, however I find nothing wrong with people who worship any god. For every religion their "god" or "gods" are the only ones. Alot of the world is Christian these days, it's like a fad I guess, or perhaps a trend. I find the Pagan religion to be interesting, however I know it's nonsense like all religions, at least these gods have interesting stories and reads, I do enjoy Fiction books.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseguy89 View Post
    That's ones personal opinion. I don't believe in any religions, however I find nothing wrong with people who worship any god. For every religion their "god" or "gods" are the only ones. Alot of the world is Christian these days, it's like a fad I guess, or perhaps a trend. I find the Pagan religion to be interesting, however I know it's nonsense like all religions, at least these gods have interesting stories and reads, I do enjoy Fiction books.
    That's because you're a godless atheist, your heart is black and you can't accept Jesus' love, you're God-retarded.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    you = fail

paro

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    In general, those claiming to be Satanists are:

Living in denial of their own meagre contributions to the world around them.

Hiding behind counter-culture styling and imagery to make themselves appear more interesting.

Insecure and bitter individuals who try to cultivate shady mysterious and distant personalities while at the same time longing for someone to psychoanalyse them to see how truly 'deep' they are.

A large proportion seems to be either suffering from, or former sufferers of some type of depression.

They claim to despise society, the herd etc. and then whine and cling on to those who have rejected them as if they can't bear being separate people in their own right.

Merlot drinkers ... why only Merlot? Try a nice glass of Rioja for a change!

Kids caught up in the 'Goth' culture thing whilst vehemently claiming not to be Goths. Satanism is now a fashion statement!

Inverse Christians and disillusioned ex-Catholics looking to get their own back on god, parents, society…..whatever.

People too eager to admit to fantasy antics and wild exploits but scared of admitting that they would ever do something as mundane as hoovering the living room floor once in a while.

Idiots who will remain idiots because they are too busy trying to show everyone how much they know to actually find out things for themselves.

Confused Wiccans/ex-Wiccans/Wiccan wannabees who don't know the distinct and fundamental differences between Satanism and new-age foolishness.

I

Thanks
    BUT I ARE BEE SATAN

LOL FUN TIME

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    annnnnd point proven

I

Thanks
    FUN TIME = IMMA HAVE FUN no point has been proven

Thanks
    Hmm, no I think my heart is red, that's the color of blood, actually no it's like a blueish isn't it? it has to mix with oxygen to turn to the color red. Perhaps I'm just intelligent enough to know that religion is foolish and made up.

However I do agree, people cling to Satan and "God" because they need stuff in life, they need to feel accepted, and like someone cares about them. It's all an act upon feelings. Just like love, that's another illusion the human mind creates so that we continue mankind.

Thanks
    however i dont belive in satan because i need something to cling too i belive in him because i see more things that suit me and my lifestyle i dont care if im accepted or not
    truthfully i truly dont

and i do not like what christians have done no need for an explination

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast