Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent

Lightbulb Steam: "Unbanning" yourself.

Hi,

Recently, I wanted to sell my Black Ops 2 on the market place, unfortunately, a low-life imbred fuck sitting behind his ancient toaster, tried to scam my account. He succeeded (Well, partly). I was keeping track of my own account to see if he has banned my account yet since the only game I had on it was black ops 2, so if my account says: "VAC ban(s) on record", then it means that he probably hacked on my Black Ops 2 and got me vac banned.

In the meantime, I opened a support ticket for steam for re-claiming a hijacked account. I sent them a picture of the ticket number written on my disc. After a day, my account was banned for hacking because I noticed that it says: "VAC ban(s) on record" as I said before. So after waiting like 3 or 4 days, steam finally replied on my ticket. Their reply was something like this:

Hello XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

It appears as though the account may have been hijacked by another user. Please follow the link below and take the prescribed steps to ensure the security of the account in the future:

TITLE: Account Security Recommendations
    URL: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I have reset the account password and sent the new login information in a separate e-mail. If you do not receive the e-mail and you are running a Spam filter, check and make sure the e-mail is not being filtered as spam.

Note: Passwords are all numbers.

Once you login to the Steam Account, please change your password and validate your email address as outlined here:

Title: Resetting an Account Password
    Link: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

To safeguard your account further, please take advantage of Steam Guard:

Title: Steam Guard
    Link: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Steam Guard is an additional level of security that can be applied to your Steam account. With Steam Guard, a second level of security is applied to your account, making it harder for your Steam account to fall into the wrong hands.

For security reasons, password resets prevent the account from trading for a period of time. If you change the password while logged into the Steam Client, your ability to trade will not be affected.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

So after resetting my password, and going on my account, I noticed that my account wasn't banned anymore. "Vac status: In good standing."

I'm not sure if this is normal, but if they do this every time you send them a ticket. You can probably abuse it. Here's what I think how:

1. You download a hack on your PC (for a steam game).
    2. Get any proxy/vpn server on your pc (like hotspot) and install it.
    3. Check if your IP changed. (This way you ensure to confuse steam and make them think someone from another pc logged in).
    4. Go on your steam account and change every detail possible (including: e-mail, name, password, even my friends got deleted)
    5. Go in game and hack till you get banned.
    6. Remove the proxy/vpn, try to login on your account with some random passwords. (Fail on purpose)
    7. Send steam a ticket about you getting your account hijacked. (Send them proof of your cd-key etc etc...)
    8. Get your account back, and see if you are still banned, if not then this method works.

The best of luck, Appel.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Doubt that would work, I remember reading somewhere saying that if you get hacked it's your fault and they would not remove vac bans even if you was not playing on the account.

Thanks
    Going to try this when I have time...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Well, since I can't prove the fact that I was actually unbanned, I can only tell you that they somehow did unban me, and my guess is that they "reset" my account to the state that it was before I got logged in from another computer, which in that case, was not banned.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeordeathza View Post
    Doubt that would work, I remember reading somewhere saying that if you get hacked it's your fault and they would not remove vac bans even if you was not playing on the account.
    I heard that its possible to get unvac banned from this, but you can only do this once, you try this twice this is what will happen

Thanks
    Let me just get VAC banned so as soon as that happens I will try this.