Thread: News Team

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

News Team

Why the stopped doing the news?

Thanks
    i think they're still doing it

Thanks
    We still are, although - I don't know what's going on.
    I think Sheep is on a vacation or something.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Wait so you're telling me, that everyone's finished with your parts, but you're just waiting for one person whos on vacation and don't know?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirish View Post
    Wait so you're telling me, that everyone's finished with your parts, but you're just waiting for one person whos on vacation and don't know?
    If I'm not mistaken, we have about a about a "months" work finished just laying there.
    everything from interviews, to now outdated news as well as some other stuff.

But hey, I might be wrong, seems like everyone is doing their part but it's never coming out.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post

If I'm not mistaken, we have about a about a "months" work finished just laying there.
    everything from interviews, to now outdated news as well as some other stuff.

But hey, I might be wrong, seems like everyone is doing their part but it's never coming out.
    yeah i'm one of those interviews. Flengo said it was coming out 4-5 days ago. So just sounds like there's one person not really doing their job. I mean it's like 9 members (supposed to be working together) and then sending it to an editor to revives, put together, then submit right? I can pretty much write a 8-9 page report in a nigh, so seems like with the 9 members there are, shouldn't be that hard (considering theirs a long time period to finish. So what shoud happen is bring it down to 3 people who report and 1 editor who is good at what he does like @Flengo

Other 3 under him will divide the whole section so 1 will do interviews a keep updated with demotes/birthdays/promotes, etc. 2. will work on half the articles like gaming news and stuff on that line, 3rd will do world news and maybe a few more stuff. Then all submit it to @Flengo and he will put together, revise, spellcheck etc. and plublish it. Should be that simple. Not 9 people sending stuff back and forth since if 1 of those members are gone it's fucked till he gets back

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oneirish For This Useful Post:

Euphemistic (08-23-2013),Elocrypt. (08-23-2013),Flengo_Backup (08-24-2013),HalfBajan (08-24-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Damn if i was apart of the NEWS FO.

Thanks
    yeah i'm one of those interviews. Flengo said it was coming out 4-5 days ago. So just sounds like there's one person not really doing their job. I mean it's like 9 members (supposed to be working together) and then sending it to an editor to revives, put together, then submit right? I can pretty much write a 8-9 page report in a nigh, so seems like with the 9 members there are, shouldn't be that hard (considering theirs a long time period to finish. So what shoud happen is bring it down to 3 people who report and 1 editor who is good at what he does like @Flengo

Other 3 under him will divide the whole section so 1 will do interviews a keep updated with demotes/birthdays/promotes, etc. 2. will work on half the articles like gaming news and stuff on that line, 3rd will do world news and maybe a few more stuff. Then all submit it to @Flengo and he will put together, revise, spellcheck etc. and plublish it. Should be that simple. Not 9 people sending stuff back and forth since if 1 of those members are gone it's fucked till he gets back
    I'm only a freelancer and substitute interviewer.
    Nobody reports anything to me. So I don't know quite where the catch is.

Currently the set-up is we all have designated areas, except for me though.
    One writing the global news, someone writing interviews as well as all that.
    Then we post them in the Newsforum (Available for our group) of which the Sheep takes and puts together and then it gets put up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

I'm only a freelancer and substitute interviewer.
    Nobody reports anything to me. So I don't know quite where the catch is.

Currently the set-up is we all have designated areas, except for me though.
    One writing the global news, someone writing interviews as well as all that.
    Then we post them in the Newsforum (Available for our group) of which the Sheep takes and puts together and then it gets put up.
    so it sounds like everyone is doing their parts, just sheep is the problem and might need to be replaced?

who runs the news the team, and is sheep the only editor?

Thanks
    so it sounds like everyone is doing their parts, just sheep is the problem and might need to be replaced?

who runs the news the team, and is sheep the only editor?
    Sheep runs it and maintains it, recruits and kicks members.

Thanks
    I didn't know that Dave's Sheep is on a vacation /

Thanks
    Maybe he's not, I have not seen him around in a while.
    I guess time will tell what's going on or if there will be cut-downs.

Well, Psychotic, Sheep. If you read this, If you need help to edit it together and publish it I can try to help out.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Sheep runs it and maintains it, recruits and kicks members.
    well he's not doing the best of job as a manager of the team since it shouldn't take as long as it does for an article as small as it is. Seems like either @Dave's Sheep needs to figure out if his real world is interfering with this news position on MPGH. If he's unable to run it at an efficient time then sounds like that tooth needs to be pulled and give it someone who is the most active/responsible with I would say @Flengo is. If @Dave's Sheep does read this (since I seem him active quite a bit) you'll have to put more of a priority into this news section. I had an interview 4-5 days ago and still waiting to see the article. Sounds like everyone is done their sections just waiting for you.

Thanks
    well he's not doing the best of job as a manager of the team since it shouldn't take as long as it does for an article as small as it is. Seems like either @Dave's Sheep needs to figure out if his real world is interfering with this news position on MPGH. If he's unable to run it at an efficient time then sounds like that tooth needs to be pulled and give it someone who is the most active/responsible with I would say @Flengo is. If @Dave's Sheep does read this (since I seem him active quite a bit) you'll have to put more of a priority into this news section. I had an interview 4-5 days ago and still waiting to see the article. Sounds like everyone is done their sections just waiting for you.
    I don't know if you can entirely blame him though. It's the communication that lacks in the group.
    I did suggest a skype group for the newsfo. But it didn't fly.

Come to think of it, I haven't done anything this week, but that's mostly because nobody has reported to be inactive so that I can do their part. Since that's my job.

Thanks
    New fo = useless

There's not even a weekly release anymore.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Denelf For This Useful Post:

PyrexxHero® (08-24-2013)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast