Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDagger View Post
    After looking at the AMD FX 8350 vs some intels, benchmark wise i would have to get an i7 to beat the AMD FX 8350. i would end up paying alot more for an i7 that would be better but cost abit more, AMD seems to get better CPU Ghz then intel as well. less Performance tho if its an i5. over all without throwing aton of money into this, AMD FX 8350 would do it fine, and it would run BF4/watch dogs, call of duty ghost or w/e i feel like playing lol. Thoughts my fello nerd herders?

Intel Core i7 3770K vs AMD FX 8350

PassMark - AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core - Price performance comparison

PassMark - Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz - Price performance comparison

PassMark - Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz - Price performance comparison

Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and more! Intel
    AMD FX 8350 4GHz AM3+ Black Edition Boxed Processor 995142 - Micro Center AMD

The 6100 is good enough to play games, just use this Coder Bag: Disable CPU Core Parking Utility
    It unparks your cores and gives you a FPS boost, it gave me something around 15 more FPS on battlefield 3 with my AMD Phenom II X4 cpu

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    ahhh ill have to unpark them, okay so does the unparking make the CPU heat go up? i would think so but making sure so i dont burn my CPU out. also i have been having aton of problem with my computer lately, my whole computer locks up on me, i cant even task manger out, and sometime i get random memory Dumps! im not sure if its my hard drive going bad or maybe my memory or CPU going bad, i know the hard drive is clicking and skipping, so i know i need a new one but any other thoughts?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    i swear the 6300 and 8350 single core is about 5-10% difference

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    6300 is 6 cores, 8350 is 8 cores btw

the 8350 get's Around 15% higher clock speed it says, but over all the stats are abit higher imo, i willing to throw another $40 into the better CPU and maybe grab a better MB while i am at it.

AMD FX 8350 vs 6300

AMD FX 6300 Black Edition 3.5GHz Six-Core Socket AM3+ Boxed Processor FD6300WMHKBOX - Micro Center
    AMD FX 8350 4GHz AM3+ Black Edition Boxed Processor 995142 - Micro Center

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    i wanna get a better MB also, i have a M5A78L-MLX plus btw, any thoughts on a better one, alittle more stable with 3.0 USB and like 10 USB slots XD PCI-E must have SATA and IDE.

Thanks
    I have an FX-8350 OC'd to 5.6 GHz. I tried to OC an i7 one time, burnt out like a bitch. I also get better framerates than my friends i7-3770k (his being stocked mine OC'd). If you want stability stock, both are fine but the i7 will be more powerful. However the 8350 OC'd takes the cake price to performance wise. Have never had a problem with it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The amazing View Post
    8350 and 6300 are about the same performace single core you play extra money for 2-3 dead cores for the 8350
    Depending on the CPU load the extra cores unlock themselves.

i wanna get a better MB also, i have a M5A78L-MLX plus btw, any thoughts on a better one, alittle more stable with 3.0 USB and like 10 USB slots XD PCI-E must have SATA and IDE.
    GA-990FX-UD7.

Thanks
    8350!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    I have an FX-8350 OC'd to 5.6 GHz. I tried to OC an i7 one time, burnt out like a bitch. I also get better framerates than my friends i7-3770k (his being stocked mine OC'd). If you want stability stock, both are fine but the i7 will be more powerful. However the 8350 OC'd takes the cake price to performance wise. Have never had a problem with it.
    what cooling system do you use? in case i wanna OC my CPU i wanna make sure i dont burn it out not having a cooling system. the I7 is nice but the price is abit higher then the AMD, so its a toss up on how much i wanna spend right now, i would much rather buy the AMD, OC it and beat the intel out by abit, even if the OC is only 5GHZ or 4.5GHZ or what not.

Yes depending but wouldnt unparking them or unlocking the CPU core's allow better framework all the time not just during time when it unlocks it cause i am pushing a bike into a donut hole without breaking my poor donuts?

as for the GA-990FX-UD7, love it, want it, micro center doesn't sell it :/ gotta get it from micro center since i got my warranty from them and that's the only way ill get my money from it back lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    what cooling system do you use? in case i wanna OC my CPU i wanna make sure i dont burn it out not having a cooling system. the I7 is nice but the price is abit higher then the AMD, so its a toss up on how much i wanna spend right now, i would much rather buy the AMD, OC it and beat the intel out by abit, even if the OC is only 5GHZ or 4.5GHZ or what not.

Yes depending but wouldnt unparking them or unlocking the CPU core's allow better framework all the time not just during time when it unlocks it cause i am pushing a bike into a donut hole without breaking my poor donuts?

as for the GA-990FX-UD7, love it, want it, micro center doesn't sell it :/ gotta get it from micro center since i got my warranty from them and that's the only way ill get my money from it back lol.
    I've got a 6100 and with the stock heat sink + fan I took it to about 4.4 GHz without too much trouble. So if you're willing to spend the time tweaking and get a decent cooling system like the Corsair H55 you'll be able to take it to at least 5 GHz I would of thought.
    Respect List
    Dave84311
    GAYape

AVGN
    Jabuuty671
    Arch Enemy
    Sketchy
    .::SCHiM::.
    Liz
    Dreamer
    Houston
    R3dLine

Thanks

My systems is liquid cooled and I also installed refrigeration unit inside the case, but I did that to keep the fans from spinning too fast while I record. As long as you have proper ventilation the 8350 can handle a decent OC. The CPU only unlocks the cores when it is under resource intensive loads to conserve energy, I can play Crysis on High (my Gfx card is crap at the moment) with no issues and the unlocking of the cores is seamless, no stuttering whatsoever. If you can't get the UD7, go for any 990FX mobo made by Gigabyte or Asus.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

My systems is liquid cooled and I also installed refrigeration unit inside the case, but I did that to keep the fans from spinning too fast while I record. As long as you have proper ventilation the 8350 can handle a decent OC. The CPU only unlocks the cores when it is under resource intensive loads to conserve energy, I can play Crysis on High (my Gfx card is crap at the moment) with no issues and the unlocking of the cores is seamless, no stuttering whatsoever. If you can't get the UD7, go for any 990FX mobo made by Gigabyte or Asus.
    Right on, decent being say 4.5ghz 5.0ghz without liquid cooling? and with a good fan or better heatstink? ah so unlocking cores is almost pointless unless i am having alot of issues or shuttering with games! 990FX got it, ill keep that in mind i know my MB right new is Shit but at the time it was all i had to use but i would like to get a better one. 990FX seems to have a pretty good price, how do you feel about Sabertooth MB's? i know they had alot of MB's on sale last time i went. say afew sabertooths sitting around.

@ainslie Thanks for the info, i never OC'ed this CPU before so knowing i can get that kind ghz with stock is nice. how did you OC btw? never done it with a CPU before.

also any Fan's you guys perfer having for the CPU or good case fans?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    update! just got my new computer up and running! got myself a AMD FX 8350 CPU with a sabertooth 990FX R2.0 MB and a nice WD Green 1TB Hard drive just cause my old one was broke lol. $160 for the CPU org price was $180, and $147 for the MB cause i got it on sale and with a CPU/MB deal! Win

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Bump! can i get someone thoughts on the sabertooth 990 FX R2.0?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Bump! can i get someone thoughts on the sabertooth 990 FX R2.0?
    ​It's a fantastic motherboard.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast