Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

[Guide]Help With Fraps

Hello everybody!

Do you like Stuffed Turkey?

I do. You should too. But thats not the topic today folks.

Today the Topic is about FRAPS.

It stands for

Fucking
    Raping
    Asskicking
    Phucking
    Shit

Now in reality its much more better with a good computer. But some people like me and me have bad computers. SOO. I will make this guide in a weird way for people to get maximum results.

Now the first thing to do is to run Game Booster. Does it help? Yes. Does it not help. Depends.... Now if your short on RAM. Like running vista prem on 2gb ram. This will save your butt. But moving on.

Next would be having XP. XP takes considerably less RAM. It is worth-it if you have 4gb and install a 32 bit. You will still save half a gig. Plus XP has DAE. Dynamic Adress Extention that has a 90% chance of NOT working. But who cares? MOVING ON!

Next would be turning your Fraps to record on 60 FPS or on Custom Frame rate. Now this largely depends on your non-recording FPS. Leme just draw some data for you.

Normal FPS - Predicted Recording FPS - Recommended Rec. FPS Setting
    10-20--------------5-10----------------------Don't try Recording.
    20-40--------------5-20----------------------Recording of 20 FPS. (LAG!)
    40-60--------------12-45 --------------------Recording at 50.
    60-80--------------12-50---------------------Recording at 100 FPS

Now remember. Standard encoding only supports 29.99 FPS. So no matter how fast your FPS is, its going to be encoded in ~30 FPS. Now, the thing is to set it high is because. If you set it too low, it will be locked low as well. Like you have 100 normal FPS and you set to record at 20. It will lock at 20 FPS visually as well. But if you set it too high it will try to pull frames that don't exsist and puts strain on CPU.

NOTICE THAT SPEED HACKING WILL BRING UR FPS DOWN DUE TO INACCURATE TIMERS. DON'T TRUST THE DATA WHEN UR SPEED HAXXORING

Nao Next thing: Set recording mode to HALF FRAME. It will shrink your RECORDED image to half the resolution of your origiinal resolution. In recording, it will only cut about 5-20 FPS from your original non-recording FPS.

Also, remove the texture files. Just find it here. It has been posted 1000 times. Though removing is said to be against TOS of Nexon. So keep it in for those show-off non hax montages.

Anyway... I like chicken and i wish it could be cooked by the lightning outside.

Ty, ty your all too nice.

Thx User1 NOT ME.

I don't need no thx lol.

I likkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk foooooooood

Now to you BOBO

Last edited by UR1; 08-20-2009 at 10:10 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UR1 For This Useful Post:

BlackThawt (08-21-2009),CheeseTea (08-20-2009),Grim (08-20-2009),Rocco (08-21-2009),sudekiiii (08-20-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog5595 View Post
    thanks User1, but for some reason i cannot record with fraps. i am not sure why...but there are other programs that work well.
    It might be a AV problem. It may think FRAPS is a minor problem, so your AV doesn't even notify you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12