Poll: Revolutionary?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

We accumulated the debt because of the war itself, Andrew Jackson was able to eliminate all of our debt, yet after his term it accumulated once more. This does not make me wrong, as I never said America's debt was diminished. I said the quality of life, and the economic domain improved. America could not have debt before the Revolutionary war as it was owned by Britain, and Britain's debt would have been America's debt. However, once America was liberated from British rule and established itself, it could then be considered to have it's ow debt. Are you even reading everything other than what you want to hear? Because all of my information comes from the Bureau of Public Records. Pretty simple to look up.
    Then that had nothing to do with the Revolution.
    The debt was not fixed until 5-10 years after the Revolution.
    Lets also not forget that it took the Colonist over 4 years just to ratify the country.
    The Economic stayed and did not improve the only thing that changed was that America was not getting trade from the West and from British after the Revolution.
    The life was still the same many of which were poor farmers and the demography was pretty much the same as well.
    You can see the debt raising due to not having anymore trade with Britain since American had a high population during this time they could not make enough supplies and went into debt due to this.
    Also you got to remember Bureau of Public records gets all of its records from History and what do we know about History?
    That it is very Bias.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 09-27-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ D3DR3VO you are an idiot.
    "a forcible overthrow of a government or social order in favor of a new system"
    -Definition of revolution.
    (obviously they overthrew the british government in that area).

As for things changing I read all this and let me just say, again, you are an idiot.

1. The economy doesn't have to change. in order for it to be qualified as a "revolution". That being said the economy changed drastically due to the change in taxes, what goods were exported, and the difference in trade partners.

2. Of course social existence changed much because of the withdrawal of british rule.

3. Political? New government, nuff said.
    ----------------------------------------

BTW: Love the " white elite get more rich" bullshit. Yeah, well, considering the races were white and black, and the blacks were slaves, I'd probably bet money on the white being the "elite" lol.

Also lol @ elite, oh yeah, living in the colonies at that time being so rich.

You could probably say the same thing for any majority race during a time of change.
    Last edited by Empire; 09-27-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    Then that had nothing to do with the Revolution.
    The debt was not fixed until 5-10 years after the Revolution.
    Lets also not forget that it took the Colonist over 4 years just to ratify the country.
    The Economic stayed and did not improve the only thing that changed was that America was not getting trade from the West and from British after the Revolution.
    The life was still the same many of which were poor farmers and the demography was pretty much the same as well.
    You can see the debt raising due to not having anymore trade with Britain since American had a high population during this time they could not make enough supplies and went into debt due to this.
    Also you got to remember Bureau of Public records gets all of its records from History and what do we know about History?
    That it is very Bias.

Seriously? So simply because economic change takes time and is not instantaneous you're going to continue to argue this? Do you not know how the world works or are you just stupid?

The Colonists never "ratified the country", they ratified the Constitution. 1787 to 1789 is not four years. The only reason it took that long was because of the persistence of other colonies for a Bill of Rights, which was not originally drafted into the Constitution until 1789, when the issue was resolved and the ratification of the Constitution was complete.

I already proved to you that the economy DID change, with a government source. Virginia's debt doubled before the Revolution to British creditors. The debt was incurred by Parliamentary taxation, hence the tax boycotts. I honestly feel like you've never studied history.

Britain forced the Colonists to only produce raw goods, a very miniscule venture when it comes to economic export. Mining, milling, etc was not allowed. The Revolution basically started the American Industrial Revolution, as with war on the horizon they had to set up textile manufacturing, as well opened up new ventures for export to other countries. The Revolution gave birth to America's first bank, stock companies for the building of new architecture to improve access to other areas of the country, and merchants from America began to trade with nations around the world.

Once again, BASIC history.

You're seriously saying that because the Bureau of Public Records is based on HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS, written AT THE TIME OF THE REVOLUTION, that it's not true, and that you are correct? YOU. ARE. A. MORON. Easy as that, calling me bias for knowing history and understanding it is fucking retarded. You are honestly the dumbest person on MPGH.

Fuck, you're more ignorant than Ethen at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12