Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Help plz (no general section so posting here)

Ok i went away for a few days came back and all the sudden my computer is really slow after i've just completly almost cleaned up the desktop/uninstalled alot of programs that were un-needed and well my combat arms is really running patchy and stuff really slow like never before always ran smooth and it also crashes about every 15 mins, here is a picture of my task manager anyone know what processes i can end to speed up my computer or what i can do? (And yes i use GB it's already running closed all the processes it does done in the tray)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    This thread needs a little bit of clarity:

RE: AgentElmo "Too many svchost.exe"
    Windows runs multiple svchosts as part of its normal operation. Closing any of these processes will inhibit the function of the computer, and may actually increase any instability.

To: devon919

Your problem with stability is probably partially due to running Vista, which makes a normal computer run slower that it might otherwise. This is something that you can't change easily, but is worth mentioning.

However, the major problem that I can see when examining your process list is many suspect services. This is a usual indicator of a virus infection. Also looking at your taskbar in the screenshot, the security monitor of windows is showing a problem with the red icon.

Are you running anti-virus software?
    If you are connected directly to the internet (not through a personal router), is a firewall enabled?

Please look up the various processes here to find out what they are: Startup Programs Database

If you do not have anti-virus I recommend the completely free programs Avira AntiVir Personal and a2free. Both are at least 20% more effective at cleaning malware than pay software (even AVG).
    Avira: Free antivirus - Avira AntiVir
    a2free: a-squared Free - Free of charge Anti-Virus, Anti-Trojan, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Dialer and Anti-Worm Software - Freeware!

There really should be no need to use anything like game booster if your system is working properly.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    i use iobit security 360 seems to remove most of my problems but i have normal startup selected in msconfig so it starts all services i dont know which ones to not allow to run on startup

also i dont actually have a downloaded firewall so :S

also with running vista..no problem before just i left for 4 days came back and comps running all shitty
    Last edited by devon919; 08-21-2009 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by devon919 View Post
    i use iobit security 360 seems to remove most of my problems but i have normal startup selected in msconfig so it starts all services i dont know which ones to not allow to run on startup

also i dont actually have a downloaded firewall so :S

also with running vista..no problem before just i left for 4 days came back and comps running all shitty
    Vista running cold could be the problem... Do you normally turn it off and start it?

EDIT: Why are you using beta anti-virus software? It does not look that good anyway...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by bug_NOT_ME View Post
    Vista running cold could be the problem... Do you normally turn it off and start it?

EDIT: Why are you using beta anti-virus software? It does not look that good anyway...
    no most of the time i leave the computer on

and idk why it works decently downloading the programs you suggested now

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    anymore help?

Have you checked under YOUR BED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by devon919 View Post
    no pop-up
    dude, restore your computer to like a week back, it helped me it should help you

go to "my computer" click on c drive and search for system restore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12