Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    You don't have to convert. Go around as 99% of all the religious people: act as if you're religious.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    i myself am an atheist in a religious family and the best advice I can give u is keep it lowkey. People will snitch on you if you tell them. Also u can pretend ur religious in front of them and do the fuck u want elsewere. you gain more by pretending to be religious and staying in the in group then leaving it because religion despite its stupidity is good at bringing people and communities together and you dont want to make urself an outcast.
    Last edited by noobtouch; 10-25-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks
    I dont believe in god and im a christian

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Well go ahead and convert its your life you make your decisions besides if God turns out to be real I'm sure he'll forgive you for loosing your faith...

"Matthew 6:14-15
    For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by fireslasher1 View Post
    Well go ahead and convert its your life you make your decisions besides if God turns out to be real I'm sure he'll forgive you for loosing your faith...

"Matthew 6:14-15
    For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
    You are the type of christian I could get along with.

Thanks
    You don't have to tell people your atheist, it is not a religion you do not convert you just stop being ignorant

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    You don't have to tell people your atheist, it is not a religion you do not convert you just stop being ignorant
    Right, because Roger Bacon, Copernicus, Michael Stifel, William Turner, Giordano Bruno, Johannes Kepler, Galileo, Descartes, Pascal, Issac Newton, Stephen Hales, Joseph Priestley, Alessandro Volta, Andre Marie Ampere, Georg Ohm, George Boole, James Clerk Maxwell, James Prescott Joule, Heinrich Hertz, Ronald Ross, William Bragg, George Washington Carver, Arthur Compton, Heisenberg, and Arthur Peacocke were all "ignorant". /facepalm

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Aborted (11-03-2013),Euphemistic (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicXPharaoh View Post
    So I am a Christian, but I recently started to disbelieve and now I can hardly believe in that, so now I want to turn into Atheism, problem is, all my family is Christian and my school doesn't have any Atheists, so how am I supposed to do that?
    Well, it not like they'll kill you right?
    They'll just have to deal with it.
    One tip tho, don't debate religion with them, it'll be talking to a wall, and in the end, they'll still believe
    "People don't change.
    Circumstances do."

"Trying to find succes without working hard is like trying to harvest where you did not sow"

Bullpop

Will be my supp in LoL

You spin me right round right round

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Right, because Roger Bacon, Copernicus, Michael Stifel, William Turner, Giordano Bruno, Johannes Kepler, Galileo, Descartes, Pascal, Issac Newton, Stephen Hales, Joseph Priestley, Alessandro Volta, Andre Marie Ampere, Georg Ohm, George Boole, James Clerk Maxwell, James Prescott Joule, Heinrich Hertz, Ronald Ross, William Bragg, George Washington Carver, Arthur Compton, Heisenberg, and Arthur Peacocke were all "ignorant". /facepalm
    I can't speak for all of them, but the one problem I have with belief in a greater entity is the lack of humanism.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    I can't speak for all of them, but the one problem I have with belief in a greater entity is the lack of humanism.
    I completely agree with you, as all of the people I mentioned utilized their own abilities to contribute to the modern day society. I was only trying to prove the point that just because someone is religious, doesn't make them ignorant. My personal opinion is that every person needs something to comfort them, whether it's a teddy bear, or religion, just as long as that comfort doesn't make the person too cocky.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

I completely agree with you, as all of the people I mentioned utilized their own abilities to contribute to the modern day society. I was only trying to prove the point that just because someone is religious, doesn't make them ignorant. My personal opinion is that every person needs something to comfort them, whether it's a teddy bear, or religion, just as long as that comfort doesn't make the person too cocky.
    Wouldn't that just be willful ignorance though?

Willful ignorance - RationalWiki

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Wouldn't that just be willful ignorance though?

Willful ignorance - RationalWiki
    Not necessarily, people can honestly believe in that comfort that they fabricated for themselves. If that is the case then it wouldn't be willful because they do not believe any other possibility.

Thanks

I feel as if fear can be overcome. Once you transcend fear you become an ideal. I feel as if people that embrace fear (the unknown, the loss of a belief, the loss of love, the fear of social interactions, the addiction of a drug), have the potential to be the best of humanity. Once you embrace fear, you enter a crucible. In this crucible, there are the ones who survive and come out strong/better than they ever were before, the ones who die, and the ones who embrace the pain and the heat because that's all they know anymore. I believe in order to survive and truly come out stronger, a person should embrace the mediocrity of humanity. Once you discover and embrace the mediocrity of humanity, you become an artist. An artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence. From there you enter the crucible once again. Once you learn to love, you become an amazing artist. You have ignited the flame which has the potential to be alive in every human being. You become more than just human, you become an ideal of hope.
    Hope can be seen in practically every aspect of humanity.The art of medicine, the art of writing, the art of painting, the art of architecture, the art of teaching, etc. etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    You don't have to convert.
    Donator Since: 03-13-2014
    (Credits to @Jov)

Vouches.[36]

[+3]NotaGMghost- He went first.
    [+2]paparas1398- He went first 2x!
    [+2]ahmedTC- He went first!
    [+3]Silke Vanden Abeele- She went half first.
    [+3]Poxer- I went first 3 times.
    [+1]raow25- I went first.
    [+1]Andyl- I went first. Very trusted!
    [+2]Devil™- I went first,legit!(Maxedout as OMM).
    [+1]Tonylx4- Used OMM.
    [+1]Maxedout- I went first.(Great deal and Great guy.)!
    [+1]Abber- He went first.
    [+2]himekami- Used Maxedout.
    [+1]Heat.- I went first w/o OMM.
    [+2]bannanaman- He went first.(Over 220$ deal)
    [+1]igocham- Used Maxedout.
    [+2]Jeremychubby-Used Busted!
    [+1]jaber006- Went first.
    [+1]silverarc- Went first with a steam key.
    [+1]hidudeshi - Bought a steam key.
    [+1]karlamwood- Refunded the payment 4 times and made a report no reason.
    [+1]Raple's Sheep- !Busted.
    [+1]lol1505- He went first.
    [+1]Flux*- He went first.
    [+1]RobyGenius- He went first.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Once you sit down, and actually think hard about it, stuff starts to make actual LOGICAL sense, How in the hell is their a Magical invisible almighty wizard running the world. <-- Most Christians are fooled in my opinion, but than again I could be wrong. Although it is possible that a higher being is possibly among us, but I wouldn't refer to him as being "God"
    That's like thinking Zeus was real, like wtf.
    Credits go to Invalid_Username. Thanks bro!

PotHeads hang here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=170

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast