Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post
    This thread only seems like OP is trying to sell your writing.
    I sell my own writing, and eventually I will sell your writing if you work for me. But a majority of the submissions I get wouldn't even be publishable, I'm sure.

On top of that, not to brag but look how much I make. Publishing a bunch of short stories from a gaming community wouldn't be profitable enough for me to put my time in to.

By the way, 5,000 words is not that long for a contest of this size. I write a book every day, as I type 100-140 WPM. It usually takes me an hour. The time that you spent looking at this and scratching your head, you could have written 1,000 words.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Salesmander View Post
    I sell my own writing, and eventually I will sell your writing if you work for me. But a majority of the submissions I get wouldn't even be publishable, I'm sure.

On top of that, not to brag but look how much I make. Publishing a bunch of short stories from a gaming community wouldn't be profitable enough for me to put my time in to.

By the way, 5,000 words is not that long for a contest of this size. I write a book every day, as I type 100-140 WPM. It usually takes me an hour. The time that you spent looking at this and scratching your head, you could have written 1,000 words.
    My nigga, your reasoning is dumb as shit. Just because you write at a speed of 100-140 WPM doesn't mean you will actually write at that speed. There's a lot of thinking and brainstorming that goes into writing. You would probably end up writing 20 WPM if your writing was worth jack squat. Get your bitch ass outta here bro, lmfao. You would still make money regardless how shitty your writing is.

Close your tabs next time idiot, it's not a contest, its a "give me your writing so I can sell all of it so I can pretend I'm giving away money when you can do it yourself."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I was only 16 at the time. I found out about girls and my body was changing. I left my family and went to Canada. I felt like I had abandoned them and left them for dead, but I don't regret it. I needed a restart; I couldn't just deal with the pain. I lived with a girl I met at a bar and she was beautiful. I loved her, she loved me; we knew our love was forever. She showed me how to play the Piano and shoot a Bow and Arrow. We lived together and planned on having children; at this point we've been dating for 5+ years. I never could go a night without thinking about my old family, I knew they did as well but I tried to just forget it. I woke one day with a cut on my cheek and my wife missing. I called her cellphone and she picked up. I felt a huge relief and asked her where she was and if she was okay. She urged me to calm down and told me she went to her family as her mother has died. I felt sorrow for her and wished her well and asked if I could join her. She said to come down to her family's home. When I arrived the home had new paint on it and one of the windows was broken. I was thinking something has happened inside but I just ignored it. I went inside to find nobody home but a loud bang on the walls. I called for her, over, and over, and over. I finally got the courage to go upstairs and see what was making the noise. It was inside a room and the door was closed. I didn't want to open the door but did it anyways for the sake of my wife. I opened the door slowly. I walked inside calling her name quietly. My head when heavy and my eyes shot open immediately spilling tears. I saw my wife; dead. Her throat was gushing blood and her nose was spilling blood with a bullet sized hole in her forehead. I was still and couldn't move. I heard a person running behind me but was too shocked to move. The person grabbed me and turned me around. He told me "Hello!" in a very happy tone. I was too shocked to speak and just look straight at him. He laughed at me a threw me to the ground. He stomped on my back two times and flipped me over and said "You know me? You gotta know me!". I finally spoke but only a faint scream came from my mouth. I grabbed his throat violently and said "I know you". He was my father. I pushed him off me and ran to my dead wife. She was still breathing somehow and I ran back to my father. I saw that he had a large gun on him and a razor sharp 7 inch knife. I grabbed him gun and pointed the gun at him. He jumped back and stood still looking right at the guns barrel. I wanted to shoot him but just couldn't bring myself to it. I jumped in front of him and pistol whipped him. He fell to the ground. I bent down and began punching him until he bled. I dropped the gun down and run down the stairs to find a phone and called the police. They asked what was the emergency but I didn't speak and left the phone hanging. The only thought in my head was to kill myself, I didn't know why but I had to do it. I couldn't live knowing what just happened. I ran back upstairs and grabbed the gun and right before I shot myself my phone rang in my pocket. I stood still for a second and pulled the phone out and answered the unknown number. I put the phone to my head and a deep voiced man told me "APRIL FOOLS!", my wife and father jumped up and threw confetti everywhere and I went home and pooped out a baby and then I showed my wife the baby and she said "YOLO" and punched the baby. I dropped the baby in shock and the baby made a hole all the way to the center of the earth and the turned into the Doom 3 Boss.

Where's my 600$.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Wouldn't a writing oriented forum be better suited to this scheme of yours? I`m not insulting you, because this is a very creative yet poorly executed scam that I might use in collage.

Always coming evermore through the darkness i adore
    Never slowing never waning
    Always chasing always preying
    Upon those who doth have power
    those whose minds are strong
    Never again shall it rest,
    for it has tasted fear

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post

My nigga, your reasoning is dumb as shit. Just because you write at a speed of 100-140 WPM doesn't mean you will actually write at that speed. There's a lot of thinking and brainstorming that goes into writing. You would probably end up writing 20 WPM if your writing was worth jack squat. Get your bitch ass outta here bro, lmfao. You would still make money regardless how shitty your writing is.

Close your tabs next time idiot, it's not a contest, its a "give me your writing so I can sell all of it so I can pretend I'm giving away money when you can do it yourself."
    You are comparing textbrokering, (something I do on a daily basis as a hobby), to selling e-books, (one of the ways I make a lot of my money). You're the one who's logic doesn't make any sense.

You're fighting a vain battle. I don't care what you think. What's more, I find it ironic that WITH PROOF you have to be a skeptical asshat.

I make a lot of money, you don't. I'm doing something nice, and there is no way you can go about it that's going to change that.

Cheers.

EDIT: Just realized you were trying to say that I sell people's short stories on Textbroker. A HUGE, HUGE, HUUUUUUUGE ROLFLOLMAO to that. Textbroker is for informational articles of 500 words on average, and it's what I was currently doing while making this thread. It has nothing to do with 5,000+ word fiction stories.

Holy shit you're stupid.
    Last edited by Salesmander; 10-13-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerozynx View Post
    Wouldn't a writing oriented forum be better suited to this scheme of yours? I`m not insulting you, because this is a very creative yet poorly executed scam that I might use in collage.
    Writer forums are for people with writing jobs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    inb4opstealsmyshitandentersacontestandwins
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    inb4opstealsmyshitandentersacontestandwins
    You guys hurt my head from the pure ignorance.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Salesmander View Post
    You guys hurt my head from the pure ignorance.
    It's nothing against you personally, it's just hard to trust people over the internet, especially when this contest would garner you dozens of pieces of literature. I actually am very interested in entering, but I'm simply not entirely sold on your reasoning for creating the contest.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I guess I can give a story I cant promise it will make page length think of it as a rough draft for further ideas.

The story is about a black kid who grew up in the inner city constantly aware of the influences and danger that are so apparent in his neighborhood, despite this knowledge he is driven to live his life the way he wishes and not let fear drive his life. However after a confrontation while playing basketball which leads into a fight he is forced by his relatives to move away from the inner city and live in a regal neighborhood surrounded by the upper class. The story talks about the troubles of being accepted into this community who sees him as an outsider while constantly battling the perception of his former life. It deals with class differences, racial differences, and all matters of self-perseverance and determination to make it in a world where he is considered a stranger.

here is just a little part

Now, this is a story all about how
    My life got flipped-turned upside down
    And I'd like to take a minute
    Just sit right there
    I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
    On the playground was where I spent most of my days
    Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
    And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
    When a couple of guys
    Who were up to no good
    Startin making trouble in my neighborhood
    I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
    And said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
    But she packed my suitcase and send me on my way
    She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
    I put my walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.

First class, yo this is bad
    Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
    Is this what the people of Bel-Air Living like?
    Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait I hear there're prissy, bourgeois and all that
    Is this the type of place that they should send this cool cat?
    I don't think so
    I'll see when I get there
    I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well, the plane landed and when I came out
    There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
    I ain't trying to get arrested yet
    I just got here
    I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
    The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
    If anything I can say that this cab was rare
    But I thought 'Nah forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
    And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
    I looked at my kingdom
    I was finally there
    To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Writing a short story isn't even that hard. I don't see why people would make such a fuss about it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphemistic View Post
    Writing a short story isn't even that hard. I don't see why people would make such a fuss about it.
    5k-7k is a short story, you sir are fucking idiot.

MPGH member since 11 February 2012
    Ex - Contributor
    Ex - CF minion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoyos View Post

5k-7k is a short story, you sir are fucking idiot.
    Did you even read what I said, Mr. Know it all?

Clear your mind, stop blowing stuff up, and maybe, just by any chance, you'll get it next time.

I feel bad for your kind.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphemistic View Post

Did you even read what I said, Mr. Know it all?

Clear your mind, stop blowing stuff up, and maybe, just by any chance, you'll get it next time.

I feel bad for your kind.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. I've already got a submission, and it's great at that. And this thread is only what.. 2 hours old?

I'm offering $600 of my own money and future EMPLOYMENT for them to sit on their ass and type, and everyone is freaking the fuck out like I'm the devil.

Thanks @Euphemistic

Thanks
    Yeah... I have a week vacation, I won't spend it writing 5000 bloody words for someone I don't even know

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast