Thread: Visual Studio 8

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Visual Studio 8

hey

i downloaded a tutorial to learn C++
    it says i need to compile. but with no further explanation only something about cmd but it gives me errors.

i downloaded visual studio 8 (you can compile with it, right?)
    but it is a little abracadabra for me so can anyone explain to me how to compile?
    it doesn't matter if you can compile with a other program or this one i just need to learn this.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    ehm wich visual studio do you have Basic 2008 is for VB and C++ 2008 is for C++
    but i rather use the VC++ 6.0 thats less annoying then 2008 altough u only make good dx8.1 hack on 6.0 while on VC++ 2008 you can make dx9.0 hacks
    DigiDrawing|+ ( (Elfen Archer) )
    Link:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/148-showro...en-archer.html

@ Anime Section,Otaku/weeabo (orz.) @Graphics Section, Novice DigiArtist

neuest gift from Yura~Chan:
    https://bakyurayuu.deviantar*****m/#/d372taw
    2nd Place MOTM#9 Theme: CharMods - Combat Arms [No - Thanks] button
    come on you know that don't want to push that ordinary button

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    i got microsoft visual studio 2008
    so i think i got the C++ version (i can be wrong with this)

but i still dont know how to compile

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by lalakijilp View Post
    i got microsoft visual studio 2008
    so i think i got the C++ version (i can be wrong with this)

but i still dont know how to compile
    Visual Studios is made to compile C, C++, and C# code. Visual Basic usually comes with Visual Studios too, but you can get it by itself.

OK about this thing your trying to compile:
    Firstly: Visual Studios is a compiler

Secondly: if your trying to learn C++. I'd recommend getting a book.

Thirdly: compiling is when you take written code and turn it into a working program. The compiler interprets what you wrote and then turns it into actual machine code that your computer can run. You will not have to compile anything until you know how to code.

BTW: I also recommend Bloodshed Dev-C++ as your compiler as its much more nub friendly.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    To compile in Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, go to the top, click on build menu. Then click on build solution(first in the list).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    i found the button

but cant press the button because it is gray.

maybe because the code is wrong?

#include <iostream.h>

int main()
    {
    cout << "Hello World!\n";
    return 0;
    }
    i'm using the tutorial: Teach yourself C++ in 21 Days
    is it a good one or should i try another or maybe even a book?

here is the link if you want to check.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/attachment...in_21_days.zip
    Last edited by lalakijilp; 08-24-2009 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Please use this compiler: Bloodshed Software - Dev-C++

It is so much easier to use. Learning to program is hard enough without have to deal with window's complex IDE >_>. Trust me this compiler is really easy to use. Your press one button and you get a blank page, press another and you can compile and run your code. Its that easy. I do all my coding in it, and I've been learning C++ for nearly a month now.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    i downloaded Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2

i loaded Hello world.CPP wich i made in notepad

i pressed the compile button.

but it started to give errors

those were the errors

1 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\backward\iostream.h:31, from
    In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward/iostream.h:31,

what to do with it?

maybe i can get the same version as you so you can explain it better. (if you want to)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    just put:
    Code:
    using namespace std;
    below the #include <iostream.h>

Your tutorial should have said that o_O?... maybe a bad tutorial anyway it should look like this :
    Code:
    #include <iostream.h>
    using namespace std;

int main()
    {
    return 0;
    }
    The program should flash up on the screen and exit really quick. Put system("pause");
    to see what you wrote:

Code:
    #include <iostream.h>
    using namespace std;

int main()
    {
    system("pause");
    return 0;
    }
    You should have just compiled and ran your first program. congrats!

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

10. The Following User Says Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

lalakijilp (08-25-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    it worked!!!

do you know a good tutorial?

cause now i know mine is a little crappy...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    C++ Beginner's Guide

Tada! Use the Adobe reader files near the bottom unless you have XPS

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

13. The Following User Says Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

lalakijilp (08-25-2009)