Thanks

Got banned, what the?

Sorry this is mpgh related and no cf related.... Not sure who to ask or where to go?
    bronce was my first and only mpgh account until 5 minutes ago. It says I was perm banned for ban evasion of account "alex" then a bunch of numbers lol.

I have only ever logged in from one pc at home and my phone, no public places so no idea how they think it is an alt :s

Anyways, can someone point me in the right direction please?

edit: posted that from work^^ . Possibly went on once or twice there, so if the issue was that ip gg someone from toromont industries also is banned.
    Last edited by bronce1; 10-25-2013 at 08:45 AM.

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    2 separate times. Will look further into it, but seems very suspicious at the moment. Same range would be ok, but same exact IP, on two separate occasions. Idk.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    From which IP's does it look suspicious? There are 3 i can think of.
    My house (and I doubt my wife or cat uses this site lol! No one else lives here)
    My phone (not sure how IP's show up on there, I am using Fido which is Rogers network)
    My work. (All branches from Toromont industries have their net go through the main store in Stoney Creek, Toromont is a very large company so the chances that someone else has used this site is not unbelievable)

Can you correlate ip's with posts? Because when I edited my post it was from work the only one I can figure to have any issue with.

There must be some other way to prove? For example did this guy do any paypal transactions? Can anyone prove what there paypal was? Mine is my name asked Maxedout

Edit: Looked Alex up to see what he was banned for, I do not even play Combat arms -_- . No not really any way to prove that, but idk you can team view the hell out of my pc.
    Last edited by bronce1; 10-25-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks
    So I am not the most technologically advanced but Googling ip's and trying to find where the two you have are from found this site.
    This is the ip where I am at the moment, it is not exact as I am about 25 minutes from that location. But I am over 1.5 hrs from the two ip's you have.

While my cell phone came up with <removed> , it starts the same and comes up as the same location on that map. I do not know how often the ip's cycle on cell phones but there are only two providers in Ontario (95%) . 13.51 million people split between Bell and Rogers.
    assuming the 77.180 can only be 2.3 digits. 00.001 - 99.999 is a lot of ip's . Seems like a lot. IDK just putting all I can find forward.
    Nvm looked that up^ , i saw a bunch with xxx.xxx ... soo 000.001-999.999 ? Well 10^6 is 1 million. With how many people in Ontario? So how many will have the same ip at once? Interesting. IDK someone in this field may be cringing at my assessment but bring me a vehicle or heavy equipment and I will show you up :P

world wide web. localiser-ip.com/?ip=99. home
    world wide web localiser-ip.com/?ip=24. cell

Then you look at alex's acc. He play Combat arms... Can you look at bronce and tell me how often it went to that side of the forum? What? Never? Really? Oh wow I guess I quit that game once I got banned here and picked up Crossfire. Bought 6 accounts without issue from my end?? -Sarcasm sorry-
    Last edited by bronce1; 10-26-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: removed ips

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by bronce1 View Post
    So I am not the most technologically advanced but Googling ip's and trying to find where the two you have are from found this site.
    This is the ip where I am at the moment, it is not exact as I am about 25 minutes from that location. But I am over 1.5 hrs from the two ip's you have.

While my cell phone came up with BLOCK , it starts the same and comes up as the same location on that map. I do not know how often the ip's cycle on cell phones but there are only two providers in Ontario (95%) . 13.51 million people split between Bell and Rogers.
    assuming the 77.180 can only be 2.3 digits. 00.001 - 99.999 is a lot of ip's . Seems like a lot. IDK just putting all I can find forward.
    Nvm looked that up^ , i saw a bunch with xxx.xxx ... soo 000.001-999.999 ? Well 10^6 is 1 million. With how many people in Ontario? So how many will have the same ip at once? Interesting. IDK someone in this field may be cringing at my assessment but bring me a vehicle or heavy equipment and I will show you up :P

world wide web. localiser-ip.com/?ip=BLOCK home
    world wide web localiser-ip.com/?ip=BLOCK cell

Then you look at alex's acc. He play Combat arms... Can you look at bronce and tell me how often it went to that side of the forum? What? Never? Really? Oh wow I guess I quit that game once I got banned here and picked up Crossfire. Bought 6 accounts without issue from my end?? -Sarcasm sorry-
    IP traces are very inaccurate tho.. you're actually very lucky if it actually came up that close to your actual location lol. I doubt you can ever prove anything that way. On an other note, It's really not smart sharing your IP like that :\ I have no idea why @Liz did that
    Last edited by Youtro; 10-26-2013 at 10:44 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Youtro For This Useful Post:

bronce1 (10-26-2013),segerydrth (10-28-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Youtro View Post

IP traces are very inaccurate tho.. you're actually very lucky if it actually came up that close to your actual location lol. I doubt you can ever prove anything that way. On an other note, It's really not smart sharing your IP like that :\ I have no idea why @Liz did that
    Thanks lol, removed my ip's *derp*

Thanks
    Any update or question I can answer??

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by bronce1 View Post
    Any update or question I can answer??
    You didn't really prove anything .
    @Papa Smurf` Could you tell us the exact date "Alexpq15" started the trade with you? (was it before the 9th of September?)

Thanks

@Papa Smurf` Could you tell us the exact date "Alexpq15" started the trade with you? (was it before the 9th of September?)
    I know I just rambled. Which is why i asked what is there I can answer.
    I don't know what else I can say or provide.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I can't even remember, But it was about 3 days before I submitted the scam report.

Thanks

Same goes for them, they have not proved anything. Guilty until proven innocent. I get that you want to be safe.

What does the 9th have anything to do with this? (curious as I do not get it *shrugs*)

So 45 minute call with Ahamed from Rogers led me to "Phones do not have ip address, the ip you see when on phone comes from tower. They are changing all the time so ip means nothing. At any point we may have over 5 million people using mobile data, all sharing ip's from the tower they are closest to"

So if I take a picture of two phones getting the same ip at the same time does that prove anything??????

This is just so frustrating because it is so true.

Thanks
    1 week hump?

Thanks
    Twice your IPs match. You have the same ranges as well. Your bronce account comes in during the time alexpq15's scammer report is made. During the dates between September 11th and September 14th you both were silent in your posts. Everyime alexpq posts so would you. Yea... You're not getting unbanned. Coincidences adding up = no longer a coincidence.
    Last edited by Hero; 11-03-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    [ • ] [ • ] [ • ] [ • ][ • ]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hero For This Useful Post:

Youtro (11-04-2013)