Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

15 things to NEVER say to an atheist.

/discuss

Thanks
    I'll say whatever I damn well please. But I love how he singles out one religion, pretty sure other religions ask the same questions to Atheists.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Arun's Bitch (10-26-2013),[MPGH]Ethereal (10-25-2013),Euphemistic (10-25-2013),Ferris Bueller (11-29-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    I'll say whatever I damn well please. But I love how he singles out one religion, pretty sure other religions ask the same questions to Atheists.
    Agreed. He seems to focus mainly on Christians, which maybe in my country they're the most outspoken against atheism,
    but really that's only because they're a majority.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Agreed. He seems to focus mainly on Christians, which maybe in my country they're the most outspoken against atheism,
    but really that's only because they're a majority.
    That makes sense, in my area there are more hipster Atheists than anything else.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

That makes sense, in my area there are more hipster Atheists than anything else.
    I wish both of them would just shut the fuck up.
    I honestly don't care what other people believe in. Don't know why other people do and make a big deal about it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

I wish both of them would just shut the fuck up.
    I honestly don't care what other people believe in. Don't know why other people do and make a big deal about it.
    Same. I had a Muslim try to preach Allah to me and I told him to fuck off, then he started threatening me so I told him to go suck Allah's dick somewhere else. It was a good day seeing how flustered he became. If they didn't try to act so superior for having a belief or lack thereof I wouldn't care.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/

Singling out one religion is for obvious reasons. Does it bother you that he didn't say "muslim" or "hindu" that much instead?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

:/

Singling out one religion is for obvious reasons. Does it bother you that he didn't say "muslim" or "hindu" that much instead?
    It bothers me that he specified any at all, instead he should have just said "religions" instead of Christianity.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Also, as far as evolution is concerned, it is entirely possible for evolution and creation to exist in unison. There is absolutely zero evidence for intelligence from non-intelligence or life from non-life, despite countless thousands of attempts, though this may change and I am open to this possibility.

Fairly accurate video, in my opinion.

Thanks
    Here in Canada, nobody talks about Atheists, we all hate muslims, nobody hates Atheists because they are pretty much the coolest people around

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

It bothers me that he specified any at all, instead he should have just said "religions" instead of Christianity.
    Well its more of a relevance thing. Either way saying "christianity" shouldn't bother you, because that is what most christians would say and it is the most relevant to him(being an american). Though to be fair, seeing the different religious here, they do give the same replies regardless of religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphemistic View Post
    Also, as far as evolution is concerned, it is entirely possible for evolution and creation to exist in unison. There is absolutely zero evidence for intelligence from non-intelligence or life from non-life, despite countless thousands of attempts, though this may change and I am open to this possibility.

Fairly accurate video, in my opinion.
    No....it really isn't.

You see creation states that man is simply thousands of years old(I believe it is something around 10 thousand max, given the extremely long age of life of the first humans)+(going by abrahamic religions here, I'm not sure the hindu/shinto/buddhist/other religious views on this).

Creationism, according to the bible and such, is just wrong. That is all there is to that. Its not even a question if they go together, one is just wrong and the other has supporting facts/evidence to prove it.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-26-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks
    My father anally raped me, this is why I'm an atheist.

Thanks

Well its more of a relevance thing. Either way saying "christianity" shouldn't bother you, because that is what most christians would say and it is the most relevant to him(being an american). Though to be fair, seeing the different religious here, they do give the same replies regardless of religion.

No....it really isn't.

You see creation states that man is simply thousands of years old(I believe it is something around 10 thousand max, given the extremely long age of life of the first humans)+(going by abrahamic religions here, I'm not sure the hindu/shinto/buddhist/other religious views on this).

Creationism, according to the bible and such, is just wrong. That is all there is to that. Its not even a question if they go together, one is just wrong and the other has supporting facts/evidence to prove it.
    I only dislike with what he says because the majority of Atheists I know in person act the same way, they all hate Christianity yet never talk about the other religions. It's a pet peeve of mine for people to single one group out when all of them do the same shit.

Not to defend anything based around the Bible and whatnot, but it does not state whatsoever that the Earth is only a couple thousand years old. Those dumbass religious fanatics are the ones who believe it is by taking the Bible and creating an exact timeline that we know of today. The abstract from the Bible is easily millions of years in difference to the relation of the event described within it. It is very easily misconstrued that the Bible is meant to be taken verbatim, as is, word for word, such as the fanatics do. Hell, when it says it took "God" a week to make the universe, it is very possible that "week" was a couple hundred million years, as humans needed to make shit relative to what they new because their minds were simplistic at the time.

Once again, not trying to defend it, I just needed to correct that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

I only dislike with what he says because the majority of Atheists I know in person act the same way, they all hate Christianity yet never talk about the other religions. It's a pet peeve of mine for people to single one group out when all of them do the same shit.

Not to defend anything based around the Bible and whatnot, but it does not state whatsoever that the Earth is only a couple thousand years old. Those dumbass religious fanatics are the ones who believe it is by taking the Bible and creating an exact timeline that we know of today. The abstract from the Bible is easily millions of years in difference to the relation of the event described within it. It is very easily misconstrued that the Bible is meant to be taken verbatim, as is, word for word, such as the fanatics do. Hell, when it says it took "God" a week to make the universe, it is very possible that "week" was a couple hundred million years, as humans needed to make shit relative to what they new because their minds were simplistic at the time.

Once again, not trying to defend it, I just needed to correct that.
    :/ When people get asked the questions and the people are X religion, its normal to use X religion in the example from personal reference.
    -Yes, but saying that a day can be misconstrued is only going to pop the question "then what is the real answer?", it goes around in a loop till the relgion admits they don't have one. Personally, I think that a god could have created it in a day, it is within his power.

Not to be rude, but he is saying something can exist in unison when it should not. The two completely contradict each other.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-26-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Thanks

:/ When people get asked the questions and the people are X religion, its normal to use X religion in the example from personal reference.
    -Yes, but saying that a day can be misconstrued is only going to pop the question "then what is the real answer?", it goes around in a loop till the relgion admits they don't have one. Personally, I think that a god could have created it in a day, it is within his power.

Not to be rude, but he is saying something can exist in unison when it should not. The two completely contradict each other.
    I understand that, and I am not defending it, I am just saying that the time period and the ideas behind it aren't what we consider them to be today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast