Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

MPGH News (10/25/13)

42nd Edition
    10/25/13

Forgive, But Never Forget
    arunforce made a thread earlier this week announcing that all players that had their account banned, and/or disabled on BattleTale can apply to be unbanned and get back into the game by logging in and applying. The thread can be viewed here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...t-players.html. He has not said how long it will take, but only remarked that he will be letting "some" people back in.

Thanks For Coming Back
    (This is late as we didn't have an edition last week due to some personal problems with one of our writers, so please excuse it). Thanks is finally back, and staying for good. Dave84311 has finally added the Thanks plugin back, it's working functionally, and surprisingly, MPGH is running as fast as ever. To thank someone, who deserves the thanks, go to the bottom of their thread or post and press the "Thanks" button which will give them a "Received Thanks" attribute.

MPGH: Halloween
    To accompany the rapidly decreasing days till Halloween, the MPGH header was changed to a Halloween themed header which you can see at the very top mid-left of your screen. Last year, the Halloween themed header was animated and had a ghost come down when you hovered over it. This year, it's simply a png -- so don't try hovering over it.

User News

- Note: This week's user news contains two weeks worth of user news.
    - The Pharaoh Competition is back in town! The voting will end on November 1st, so hurry and put your vote in for who you think should be MPGH's Pharaoh: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ition-3-a.html
    - Donate to MPGH today! You can donate via Amazon Gift Card or through PayPal!

Postbans

Congratulations to @Antipathy for achieving 8,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Vice-Versa for achieving 19,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Temperrr for achieving 11,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Sound. for achieving 1,337 posts!
    Congratulations to @Alex_Agnew for achieving 3,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Evocate for achieving 5,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @BigScotiaBhoy for achieving 1,337 posts!
    Congratulations to @Ethereal for achieving 13,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Euphemistic for achieving 5,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Aborted for achieving 12,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Symmetrical for achieving 7,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Dosey for achieving 5,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Remm. for achieving 1,337 posts!

Birthdays

Happy Birthday to @Chicken. !
    Happy Birthday to @Maxedout !
    Happy Birthday to @bullpop !
    Happy Birthday to @Mr Monster !
    Happy Birthday to @RyanDuke !

Promotions

Congratulations to @Mayion on Minion!
    Congratulations to @Royce on Minion!
    Congratulations to @Storm✔ on Minion!

Demotions

@Mr Monster is no longer a minion.

Interview - [MPGH]Liz

[MPGH]Flengo:Hey Liz, how are you doing today?

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    Stressed out, but otherwise quite well. You?

[MPGH]Flengo
    :
    Doing pretty fine. Thanks for asking. How did you achieve the position of staff manager on MPGH, compared to when you first joined and started being active on the forums?

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    Through dedication, time, patience, and the intense lobbying provided by Josh and myself. First I was given Mod to help Ricardo in WarRock back in 2009. I enjoyed that game very much, and came to the site because of it. Then I stopped playing it, and focused more in the management aspects of the site. With Josh as my partner in crime, we pretty much took over a lot of the day to day management not just of our sections, but the entire site. Because of those efforts, we were promoted to Global Moderators. After a year of that, we wanted a separate more reflective position of what he and I did, which was really pick new staff and manage them. Hence Staff Administrator came up.

[MPGH]Flengo
    :
    I still remember my WarRock days. It was basically why I first registered to the site. I was never active enough then to really get to know Josh. I just know a little about the work he did. Excellent person. What is your current position like? What are some of the challenges?

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    I would describe it as a Human Resources department for MPGH. Very behind the scenes, but essential. I along with Dave and sometimes Arun, select new minions (a position Josh, Endrit, and I created in 2009.) From there it is a matter of keeping tabs on them, their efficiency, activity, etc. Those that do well, get promoted, such as you in example. As for challenges, there's mostly the gamble aspect. I've been burned many times in the past, by people who I felt would do quite well as staff, that then turned around and are not capable of handling the time needed, and the constant criticism and crap they have to deal with on daily basis. There's also knowing how to stop being just a buddy to people, but someone who has to judge them monthly, and sometimes everyday. It's hard, and I've gotten a tough reputation because of it.

[MPGH]Flengo
    :
    Some sacrifices come with every position on MPGH, as I had started to notice since I got Minion. Enforcing rules on old friends can be a hard feeling sometimes, but still needs to be done. Through the tough reputation you have, it is still highly respected What are some other things about your job that may not be commonly known that you are able to tell us about?

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    My job is fairly transparent. Choose and manage staff, do the same jobs as the global moderators as well. I do have a hand sometimes on design aspects such as the Halloween and Christmas logos. I brought the user edits to more accessible terms, before it was mostly people who Dave or Arun felt like helping. Now every single user who meets the requirements can get an edit. Other than that, mostly just help Dave or Arun however I can. On that same subject. Let me just say this for public record. I have nothing to do with Wiki staff. I know people assume I do, but that is an entirely Dave project. Hopefully this stops the random PMs regarding that.

[MPGH]Flengo
    :
    I'm pretty sure if you were handling that, promoting staff for the Wiki on the forum and the Wiki would have been gotten around to a lot sooner That Halloween banner looks pretty good right now How and when exactly do you decide that a section requires new or additional staff?

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    Ha, that is one thing Dave has a great handle on. I would be much more strict with it, but it is such a huge project, that frankly you need to be a bit lenient with whom can work on it. The logo is the basic one unfortunately. Arun had helped me with it last year, and had made the pumpkin have glowing eyes, and if you clicked it, a ghost would hang from it. As far as additional staff, it's mostly content determined. That means, depending on the amount of content being released in the section and the standard response times, we determine whether or not more staff is needed. It is also thanks to MPGH members who come to me with suggestions, complaints, and information regarding staff and member activity. Frankly without them I would not be able to do my job, and I am grateful to them every single day. As you can probably guess, keeping an eye on hundreds of sections is not easy, by any means. Also my minions, they are very forthcoming if they need help, and are not shy of asking for it.

[MPGH]Flengo
    :
    I used to be afraid to come to you for help or anything I used to mainly go to Dave due to the more care less attitude. After Minion+ I was a lot more comfortable coming to you What are your thoughts on the forum and the broad spectrum of MPGH members that are active in the community?

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    A lot of minions are for some reason! Like I would chastise them for doing so. The forum has in my eyes died down a little, some would call it 'settled'. While we continue to gain new members, they are not (In my personal opinion) as dedicated as the old ones used to be. You can see this example within staff itself. In previous years minions and other staff would last several months if not a year+. Now the average time is around 3-4 months. The spectrum however, has improved. Although my view is biased, since I now avoid the MPGH cesspool that is General. I feel there are more people from all over the world, and a lot more who tend to follow the rules, rather than act out.

[MPGH]Flengo
    :
    Hopefully the minions read this and are more comfortable coming to you with things after this. I agree with your thoughts. I also hope there are more longer lasting staff to come. Also, you're not missing out on much in General The world diversity has greatly increased from when I first got around here. Is there anything you wish you could change about MPGH or the staff system?

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    Shift system, but the logistics behind that are really hard to manage. As far as the website itself, more customization for profiles. Be able to share videos or music. Recommend games in your profile.

[MPGH]Flengo
    :
    Hopefully some plugins can be found to accommodate those in the near future. Is there anything you wish you could change, add or remove from your current position?

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    I love SA. I'm happy with it, I just wish I could actually phisically manage staff. IE be able to remove people who resign or are terminated, or be able to give them their positions after discussing it with Dave. Be able to do the evaluations monthly. Stuff like that.

[MPGH]Flengo
    :
    How I would love for the evaluations part to come in effect What is your preferred genre of games? How often do you play and what mostly do you play?

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    Haha, I'm a hugeee gamer. I would say RPGs or Adventure games are my favorite. Games like Mass Effect (Even 3, which was amazing, right until that shitty ending.) Dragon Age, The Witcher, Fallout Series. All amazing games, I love. I think I'm the only person who posted in the Witcher 2 section in MPGH

[MPGH]Flengo
    :
    I've started playing some more RPG and Adventure games lately, Mass Effect being one of them. Great series Yeah Liz you're basically the only one who ever posted there What do you mostly do during your free time?

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    Take care of MPGH lol. I work 5 days a week. I also have my nephew living with us while his father is in Afghanistan on deployment. Other than that, I enjoy being outdoors, going to small shops, and sometimes we travel to places around the country to hike and camp.

[MPGH]Flengo
    :
    So basically MPGH is your life Where do you find the majority of the images you frequently use to reply to threads/posts?

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    Tumblr ftw! lol I frequently search around some funny Tumblrs and save images i think are funny/cute.

[MPGH]Flengo
    :
    I never have time to find any good ones As I've noticed sometimes I think, your usertitles have been in different languages. What languages do you speak?

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    English, pretty decent Spanish, and since I was born in Sicily, some very minor and crappy Siculu (Sicilian dialect). But I was taken to the US when I was very young, so I've forgotten it over time. I also took 4 years of French in High school. I think its a beautiful language.

[MPGH]Flengo
    :
    Wow Sicily looks really old and beautiful still. French is great, I had to stop taking it after Grade 9, not enough room Before we end this interview, would you like to give any shout outs to anyone?

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    I would like to give one to all my staff members. I am very proud of all of you, and I thank you for working as hard as you do. Also to every member who comes here and makes MPGH their home. You make us who we are and we are grateful to you for it. Also thank you to you Ratatouille. Oh, and Dave die slowly.

[MPGH]Flengo
    :
    Thanks a lot Liz, and thank you for your time

[MPGH]Liz
    :
    Anytime.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Gameplay Trailer

Earlier today, Actvision released "Official Call of Duty®: Ghosts Gameplay Launch Trailer". The trailer shows some new effects, weapons and other shit.
    Gamers can switch clans or even start their own once joining a pre-existing one.
    From the get-go, we didn't want clans to feel distant from multiplayer, so we decided to integrate it into the game itself," Infinity Ward's Senior Community Manager, Tina Palacios, told One of Swords. "If you wanted to start a clan from in-game in Ghosts, you can do that. You can manage your clan from in-game, you can look at other clan profiles and your own clan's profile through the game itself.
    The game is set to be released for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on November the 5th, and for the PS4 on Nov. the 15th and the Xbox One on Nov. the 22nd.

this game is garbage don't buy it

Batman: Arkham Origins Coming Soon

Developed by WB Games Montréal, Batman: Arkham Origins is based on DC Comics core Batman license and features an expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline set several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. As the story unfolds, players will meet many important characters for the first time and forge key relationships.
    Taking place before the rise of Gotham City’s most dangerous criminals, the game showcases a young and unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career as a crime fighter that sets his path to becoming the Dark Knight.

"The Escapists" -- The New Prison Break Genre

The developer of the Kickstarted indie adventure Spud's Quest has just announced his next project. It's called The Escapists, the game puts you in the shoes of a prison inmate, daily adhering to the strict prison schedule but with the ultimate goal of planning and executing an escape.
    The game includes some very interesting features, for example:
    • You'll have to work around the strict prison schedule to avoid any unwanted attention from the guards.
    • You will be able to craft weapons and tools using everyday things you find or steal around the prison.
    • You will have to choose your friends and foes very carefully. Those on your side could help you out in a fight, or give you access to certain favors/jobs, and assistance. Those against you might start plotting, with their gang-mates and friends a way to make your life in prison, more complicated than it is.

Get hold of a shovel and start working on an escape tunnel. Just make sure you make it back for the guard patrols and that the hole is hidden!
    This are some of the features the game offers, but if you’re interested and want to know more. Head over to the official website.
    However if you want this title to be finish, give your support to the developer who once again turned to Kickstarter to push the project forward, with a very modest and reachable goal.

Just another day in Madagascar

With swarms of a lust for food, locusts are destroying crops, and rats are spreading an awful plague, the crisis in Madagascar is becoming almost biblical in its devastation.

Wealthy donators have stopped aiding Madagascar, and investors were scared off during the extreme political crisis that followed the 2009 coup. Madagascar has deteriorated more than any other African country in terms of governance.

But with voters scheduled to go to the polls Friday in the first presidential elections since Rajoelina’s takeover, there may at last be a path forward.

the election could be a great opportunity for Madagascar, an island nation of about 22 million people, to have a clean slate according to the United Nations children’s agency (UNICEF).

If the new government is seen as legitimate and democratic, it could finally bring donors and investment back to the feared deteriorating country.

-Some 1.5 million children are not attending primary school
    -More than half of children under age five are chronically malnourished.
    -According to UNICEF, an estimated 92 percent of the country’s population lives on less than $2 a day.

Source: Global Post.

Catholic Child Sex Charges wavered.

"Pope Francis’ promise of a more humble, tolerant Catholic Church may have earned rave reviews around the world, but in Latin America, a string of child sex scandals has left some wondering what's really changed in the Vatican".

Along with a whole revamp of rules by Pope Francis he recently created a new one, Priests will now be punished for acts of child molestation. a.k.a Pedophelic Priests.

There have been countless Sex Charges laid against Priests in the most catholic region of the world; Latin America. Yet nothing has been done, many people are now starting to doubt Pope Francis's control in the Vatican.

Source: Global Post

IBM’s Computer Brains, and Brain Computers

Though long a metaphorical connection, the computer and the human brain are very different, in both their working and form. IBM Research hopes to change that. After unveiling their “Neuro-synaptic chips” earlier this year, it’s evident that they’re making large bounds in both brain research, and computation. Dubbed “The Human Brain Project”, the research plans to map and simulate the workings of an entire brain, even down to the biochemical neurons. Starting with a mouse first, the study eventually plans to simulate a human brain in its entirety. The main story though lies in the brand new technologies IBM are developing. Due to heat expulsion and cooling demand, most computers and computer systems are based on a sprawl system. This allows sufficient air flow so as not to overheat and compromise the fragile inner components. One main caveat to this though, is the fact that communication links are becoming bottlenecked by data-transfer demands, and consume much too power to run. IBM has set out to fix this problem, and advance even further in the process. The fix is to stack computing chips in a dense 3D configuration, connected using their TSVs technology, rather than data cables and wires. Dozens of heat-producing chips stacked directly on to each other doesn’t sound like a great idea, but IBM has the fix, liquid cooling. This isn’t your ordinary contact cooling, the developers are planning to run entire networks of cooling streams through the chips themselves, getting the greatest possible heat elimination.

Due to the small size of these new computers, a new way of powering the components had to be devised: liquid. The new “Aquasar” prototype is both cooled and powered, entirely by liquid, just like the human brain. Utilizing a Vanadium-based redox flow battery, the machine will be able to be powered using electrolytes with oppositely charged ions. This will also completely eliminate the need for wires, being completely replaced by pipes and tubes.

World’s first Bitcoin ATMs to hit Canada

Chances are you’ll be without an internet connection for moderate periods of time. But what happens when you need to withdraw cash, but you use Bitcoin for your money management? Don’t fret, the Nevada-Based Robocoin is here. First hitting downtown locations in Vancouver, the brand new Robocoin ATMs will allow users to Buy, Transfer, and Redeem Bitcoins for alternative currencies.

Four more ATMs are planned to be installed in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, and Ottawa by early to mid December.

MPGH News Team

• Writers

Last edited by Psychotic; 10-26-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

AeroMan (11-06-2013),Barstarzz (11-02-2013),Scotia (10-27-2013),CripsKill (11-01-2013),Delko DJ (10-27-2013),Euphemistic (10-26-2013),[MPGH]Flengo (10-26-2013),[MPGH]Hennessy (10-30-2013),[MPGH]Hugo Boss (10-26-2013),Hunter (06-30-2015),Implify (10-26-2013),Jim (10-26-2013),Lightning (10-29-2013),Matroix73 (10-28-2013),Mauled (10-28-2013),[MPGH]Mayion (10-27-2013),Paralyze (10-27-2013),Raple (10-26-2013),RJ (10-27-2013),Royce (10-26-2013),Snacktimed (10-30-2013),Nozomi (10-27-2013),Symmetrical (10-26-2013),[MPGH]Time (10-26-2013),Youtro (10-28-2013)

Thanks
    Another great edition of MPGH News, keep up the good work there!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kvisitstump View Post
    Another great edition of MPGH News, keep up the good work there!
    Thank you!
    Keep on the lookout for next week's edition where we will have a Halloween themed edition. It's gonna be.. scary. (was that good?)
    Last edited by Psychotic; 10-26-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    You all better read that interview

This and the Halloween edition will be my favorite news editions.

GOOD WORK NEWS TEAM.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I proud of you Liz.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    good jawb .

Thanks
    Great edition. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fatlen View Post
    I proud of you Liz.
    No you proud of me.

GET IT RIGHT FATLEN
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flengo For This Useful Post:

Raple (10-26-2013),Symmetrical (10-26-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    That was a good read yet again.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Liz interview was a very interesting read!

Nice job News Team!

MPGH Member Since: 2011
    AVA Minion Since: 7.14.2013 - 7.4.2014

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

MPGH Relic, Full-time Lurker.

Join Anime Force, take over the world.

✘✘✘

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Predator For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Flengo (10-26-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    ​Why do I always write the longest articles?
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Euphemistic (10-26-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    That interview was very touching & interesting to read. @Flengo , good fucking job.

Great Edition, keep it up.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Exotiic. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    liz interview , GJ to fellow new minions, CoD ghost , not really feeling it. batman looks epic

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Royce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Keep the great reads coming!
    Member Level 1 since 4/20/11 - 8/4/14
    Member Level 2 since 8/4/14 - present

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    ​Why do I always write the longest articles?
    Because you are obviously the best.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast