Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Your favorite religion?

Out of all the various religions in the world which do you agree with most and/or like the most?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Anything but Islam.
    But jokes aside. Probably anything temperate (Buddhism, Shinto). They ain't gonna hurt no body.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Logiaqw View Post
    Anything but Islam.
    But jokes aside. Probably anything temperate (Buddhism, Shinto). They ain't gonna hurt no body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Buddhism and shinto.

Buddhism is peaceful while shinto is just fun.
    False. Buddhists are massacring muslims over at burma. The media ain't sayin shit.
    But yeah, buddhism and shinto are about as peaceful of a religion you can get. I spent 2 years with shaolin monks on a martial arts trip . Most of them are really great people with an extreme work ethic and discipline.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferris Bueller For This Useful Post:

Frought (11-29-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post

False. Buddhists are massacring muslims over at burma. The media ain't sayin shit.
    But yeah, buddhism and shinto are about as peaceful of a religion you can get. I spent 2 years with shaolin monks on a martial arts trip . Most of them are really great people with an extreme work ethic and discipline.

Buddhism as a religion is peaceful in its entirety. There is no aggression within the Buddhist practice and the people committing the crimes really aren't doing it in the name of buddhism at all.(I mean the majority of the population there is buddhist).

:/

The issue with burma seems to be more of a nationality/societal issue than a religious one. There hasn't really been anything linking Buddhism in this outside of "buddhist do this" just for the sake of headlines.

Its funny, because if you saw the Japanese population you wouldn't refer to them as Shinto'ist or the Indian population as "hindu". The whole "buddhist" thing is really just for the sake of headlines.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Buddhism as a religion is peaceful in its entirety. There is no aggression within the Buddhist practice and the people committing the crimes really aren't doing it in the name of buddhism at all.(I mean the majority of the population there is buddhist).

:/

The issue with burma seems to be more of a nationality/societal issue than a religious one. There hasn't really been anything linking Buddhism in this outside of "buddhist do this" just for the sake of headlines.

Its funny, because if you saw the Japanese population you wouldn't refer to them as Shinto'ist or the Indian population as "hindu". The whole "buddhist" thing is really just for the sake of headlines.
    So , Muslims doing crimes in the names of Islam ? LOL , you just got owned.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by [D]opeDog View Post

So , Muslims doing crimes in the names of Islam ? LOL , you just got owned.
    The fact that you have say I got owned, means I didn't.

Muslims do crimes in the name of Islam, yes, but I was talking about buddhism.

I think the problems within buddhism and its practices are minimal compared to Islam, hence my preference of one over the other.
    --------------

Please don't go off-topic with your pathetic trolling Dopedog.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Buddhism and shinto.

Buddhism is peaceful while shinto is just fun.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Islam and nothing other than it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frought For This Useful Post:

Ticherhaz (11-29-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Buddhism .
    Donator Since 2~12~13

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    None.
    Buddhism, though it's more of a lifestyle and philosophy than a definitive religion.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    None.
    Buddhism, though it's more of a lifestyle and philosophy than a definitive religion.
    It actually is a religion not a philosophy. There are different types of buddhist. Some of them worship different buddhas and some even consider them the perfect being/dieties. How Ik because my mom is Buddhist and she worships the female buddhist called Kwan Yin.
    What your thinking of is theravada buddhism its a type of buddhism that is the direct teaching of the buddha. They do actually believe in gods but they don't care much about them. They care more about how people treat each other and such. Buddha was Hindu.

Philosophies are more like Confucionism. Confucianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My favorite religion Atheism or a religion that believe that other religion are not necessary. I think people should treat other nicely not for rewards such as going to heaven but rather because they want to.
    Last edited by demon204; 11-29-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by demon204 View Post
    It actually is a religion not a philosophy. There are different types of buddhist. Some of them worship different buddhas and some even consider them the perfect being/dieties. How Ik because my mom is Buddhist and she worships the female buddhist called Kwan Yin.
    What your thinking of is theravada buddhism its a type of buddhism that is the direct teaching of the buddha. They do actually believe in gods but they don't care much about them. They care more about how people treat each other and such. Buddha was Hindu.

Philosophies are more like Confucionism. Confucianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My favorite religion Atheism or a religion that believe that other religion are not necessary. I think people should treat other nicely not for rewards such as going to heaven but rather because they want to.
    "None.
    Buddhism, though it's more of a lifestyle and philosophy than a definitive religion."
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

"None.
    Buddhism, though it's more of a lifestyle and philosophy than a definitive religion."
    So you basically quoted me with the same qoute why and if you want I can prove you wrong. Basics of Buddhism
    Siddhartha Gautama the founder of the religion like i said, believed in gods but really didn't care about them. His religion is based around the belief to end or cause less suffering. Such as give up material possessions and greed which they believe lessen suffering. Most people think of religion as a group that worships something or someone. Which Buddists do they pray to a statue of buddha like every morning. My mom did it and she even made me when i was younger thats why i became an Atheist since i hate praying on my knees <it hurts like hell.

P.s. Some religions are really weird. Some worship the devil and some even worship the penis search it up its 100% true lol
    Last edited by demon204; 11-29-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I favor no religion.

Official Middleman since: 30 January 2014
    Minion since: 3 May 2014
    Editor since: 13 May 2014
    Marine since: 10 November 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I apologize to anyone who I have called autistic, for this is the most autistic thing I have ever seen. Thanks gbot.
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    You're the cancer of the marketplace. Someone vouch for me. +1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast