Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

[TUT] Hack Modem + ISP & Increase Your Download Speed[Maximum]

Hack Modem + ISP and get High Speed, Hack Your Modem and Increase Your Download Speed
    Most of us will be feeling that the surfing speed which is allocated by our ISP is not enough. People with 64Kbps will think 128Kbps will be cool speed. People with 128Kbps will think 256Kbps will be cool and so on.

This tutorial will teach you how to increase your 64Kbps link to 512Kbps or what ever speed you like.
    [HIDE]
    It is very much possible to do this. With a bit of luck if your Cable Internet Service Provider are very uneducated on how this very new technology works and leave some key loopholes open for you to grab vital information on how to accomplish this task. But this [tutorial] will no guarantee you 100% success.
    [hide]
    Okay here we go. I'm going to try to explain you as best as I can to accomplish re-configuring your SB5100, SB4100 or SB3100 cable modem

Theory of cable modem working
    All the cable modems when it boots up it will search for an "Image file" where in all configuration like your upload speed limit and download speed limit is defined. This "Image file" is stored in ISP`s TFTP server. Modem will be pre-configured with the ISP`s TFTP server IP address and the Image file name to be downloaded. When the modem boots up it query TFTP server and download Image file from [TFTP] [server] according to this this our speed limits will be set.

Our Mission

Get this Image file from ISP`s TFTP server, reconfigure it according to our need and force our modem to download this file from our Computer rather than downloading it from our ISP`s TFTP server.

1). Get cable [modems] MAC-Addreaa

You can either look at the back of the modem to get this MAC Address or you can logon to your Cable modem with your Web Browser 192.168.100.1/ . This is internal HTML pages stored within your DOCsis cable modem (SB5100, SB4100 and SB3100) that gives you even more vital information on configuration. Unless it is turned off by your ISP. This feature might be totally turned off by your ISP.

2). Get your [ISP] TFTP server IP address

a) There's a program called QUERY.EXE from Weird Solutions which is a BOOTP packet request program that will tell you everything you need to know, without all these extra steps. It will display the Image Filename, TFTP server address, which is really all you need to get started. To use this BOOTP QUERY tool, you need the MAC address of your cable modem or Beginners can use DOCSIS Diagnosis utility

Code:
    Code::
    docsis

Using the above tools you will get the information of your ISP`s TFTP server IP and the name of your "Image file" stored in that TFTP server

All your vital information is stored in this file, One of which is the MaxRateDown 2621440; MaxRateUp 393216;. (This was my ISP settings. Which you can see is similar to what speed I was getting. 40KB/s up and 250 KB/s down)

Among these, the one we need are:

Configuration [TFTP] [Server] = 194.*.*..90 (replace this with yours throughout in the doc)

Configuration filename = isrr.bin (replace this with yours throughout in the doc)

And

IP fragments created = 0

Code:
    IP address.10.$$$.$$$.$$$ = 10.$$$.$$$.$$$

IP address.192.168.100.1 = 192.168.100.1 (the IP address of the cable modem, (replace this with yours throughout in the doc)

IP-to-If-index.10.$$$.$$$.$$$ = 2

Suggestion: You can do this step by sniffing the modem i.e. "192.168.100.1" when modem boots up. I never tried this method. Try your luck.

3) Download Image file from ISP`s TFTP server.

For doing this got to your command prompt and use below commands with out quotes and bracket.

"C:\tftp -i GET "

Okay now you got Image file from your ISP`s TFTP server.

4). Decrypt the Image file which you downloaded from ISP`s TFTP server

For all you can use the DOCsis tool
    docsis
    to decode

5). Modify the Image file

Change your computer's TCP configuration same as ISP`s TFTP server (i.e. IP address same as ISP`s TFTP server)

Go to my network place and right click ->properties

Select your LAN Card right click ->property->Internet Protocol (TCP-IP) double click on it and change it to as following values

Configure your TPC's TCP settings as below

IP: 194.*.*.90 (replace with the ISP's TFTP server)

Netmask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.100.1 (replace with your cable modem's IP address)

Code:
    Note: Gateway should be 192.168.100.1 then only your modem can communicate with computer.

6). Encrypt the modified Image file (Save it using Docsis)

7). Host TFTP server in your computer

Download TFTP Server software and host TFTP server in your computer

You can download TFTP server from: Code:
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=6KG6XIOO

8). Put Image file in the base directory of your TFTP

Start TFTPD32 server. Go to Settings and set the Security to None. Increase the timeout to 20secs and the Max Retransmit to 6. Choose to translate UNIX filenames. Make sure it's base directory point to where the isrr.bin is (i.e. the image file which you modified). If you need to replicate a directory pathname along with the image file, then make a directory from root that corresponds to the image file pathname.

Restart your modem, and AS SOON as the SEND light goes solid, you should see a receive on your TFTP server i.e. your PC

9). [Restart] your [modem]

10). Changer your PC's IP back as given by ISP

11). OOPS Done. Start surfing with your new speed :thumbsup:

HOPE IT HELPED YOU

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Kinda OK tutorial although you are still restricted by the server, your computer, the speed the router can process this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by soxey6 View Post
    Kinda OK tutorial although you are still restricted by the server, your computer, the speed the router can process this.
    And this is super outdated and copy pasted.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_danpain View Post
    your Cable Internet Service Provider are very uneducated on how this very new technology works
    You could of checked how old the article is when you C/P it...new technology....

And yes, this method is over 10 years old, I think it is safe to say it does not work...

Thanks
    Well, i found it on VHF and though you guys might wanted to take a shot, didn't try it though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_danpain View Post
    Well, i found it on VHF and though you guys might wanted to take a shot, didn't try it though.
    Dude. VHF is one of the skiddiest sites on the net. Like how much skiddier can you get then copying another forum full of skids?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by yugurt View Post

Dude. VHF is one of the skiddiest sites on the net. Like how much skiddier can you get then copying another forum full of skids?
    What's VHF? Could it be that Vip********** site?

Thanks
    Nice discussion about your internet service provider modem hacking tutorial. I have a great resource for it. It's very important for student life. If you can know ISP hack you are able to use free internet at any cost.
    Last edited by Shahadat; 01-14-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Thanks
    Last edited by Shahadat; 01-17-2018 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks
    Hi Mr_danpain,

I want to know that is this tutorial works for 4GX Modems or not? If yes then steps are the same as you described or changed for 4G Modems.
    Last edited by John_Minaa; 03-05-2019 at 03:08 AM. Reason: for adding the ink of modem which I am using

Thanks
    this is outdated like crazy lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    working for all?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to orginal-key For This Useful Post:

John_Minaa (05-13-2019)

Thanks
    People need to stop commenting on this, this is older than my account lol

Thanks
    Recently my area got upgraded to the National Broadband Network and with it my speeds increased quite a lot.It was interesting seeing how this increased the amount of work we could get through – whether it was sending files, downloading and uploading images to blogs, or just loading new pages to read.

phuket resorts with private pools

Thanks
    There are a few other things that determine the speed too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast