Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    Does having a 10% increase with the 270X make a different for you?
    Also the 270X runs a little hotter, so just go with what ever you want, they run BF4 on 1080 with max settings. Just the 270X will have a 10% increase in performance.
    The biggest part would be that the GTX 660 TI has a better PhysX since it allows for Advanced PhysX.
    AMD Radeon R9 270X 2 GB Review | techPowerUp
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti Direct CU II 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

videos show:

That is Water.

This is a destructive world Demo

The 270X cannot do GPU PhysX and instead has to put it to the CPU for the particles. Which is a lot slower.
    See, you mentioned the 660 Ti which is out of my price range. I'm talking about the standard 660. Thats why I want the 270X because of the better performance

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall kiwi View Post

See, you mentioned the 660 Ti which is out of my price range. I'm talking about the standard 660. Thats why I want the 270X because of the better performance
    Depends on what you are getting the video card for.
    They are are the same only thing is that the R9 270X has a 10% increase in performance, but the PhysX is done from the cpu not from the gpu if you buy the 207X which makes it a little slower.

Too bad you don't live in America or Canada, cause you could've done this promo ASUS GTX660-DC2O-2GD5 GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Newegg.com

If you never had a issue with AMD cards go with R9 270X, especially if it comes with BF4 for free.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 12-24-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

Thanks

Is going with a second hand gpu possible for you? I don't know the second hand market in nz but in Sweden you can get some great deals.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Depends on what you are getting the video card for.
    They are are the same only thing is that the R9 270X has a 10% increase in performance, but the PhysX is done from the cpu not from the gpu if you buy the 207X which makes it a little slower.

Too bad you don't live in America or Canada, cause you could've done this promo ASUS GTX660-DC2O-2GD5 GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Newegg.com

If you never had a issue with AMD cards go with R9 270X, especially if it comes with BF4 for free.
    Question, whats the difference between this 270X https://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139...ctdetails.html

and this 270X https://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139...ctdetails.html

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    They are pretty much the same the only difference is if you either overclocking or regular.
    Also they are made completely from 2 different manufacturers.
    The one made by Asus would be better since it comes with BF4 for free.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    They are pretty much the same the only difference is if you either overclocking or regular.
    Also they are made completely from 2 different manufacturers.
    The one made by Asus would be better since it comes with BF4 for free.
    Ok, thanks so much. The Asus GPU JUST sold out and there are 3 left in stock for the Sapphire version. Unfortunately the Sapphire version doesn't come with BF4
    Last edited by Tall kiwi; 12-24-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by yugurt View Post

Is going with a second hand gpu possible for you? I don't know the second hand market in nz but in Sweden you can get some great deals.
    I wouldn't trust the 2nd hand market for things like this in NZ. I've already bought my GPU at an even better price so I'm sweet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Ok, thanks so much. The Asus GPU JUST sold out and there are 3 left in stock for the Sapphire version. Unfortunately the Sapphire version doesn't come with BF4
    That is a little over priced in my opinion.
    Might just because you live in NZ and not America.
    Otherwise the card would be only $200 in America.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    That is a little over priced in my opinion.
    Might just because you live in NZ and not America.
    Otherwise the card would be only $200 in America.
    Yea, pricing for parts like these in NZ can get stupid expensive.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

That motherboard looks fine.

Wtf you talking about.
    No there is such thing as DDR5, tho as I know only the PS4 are running GDDR5.
    It isn't exactly DDR5 but it is pretty close to it.

I would only go with that if I am using AMD gpu, I believe Asus has better Nvidia cards.
    It is all up to you.
    I would go with the ASRock 990fx extreme3 since it has a better quality VRMs.
    The Extreme3 has a better clocking then the Pro3 since its analog and not like the the Extreme3 which is has digital PWM.

ASRock 990FX Extreme3 Details vs ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 Details in Motherboards
    I was just looking at some more motherboards and I came across this one. Would it be better than the ASRock one that I posted earlier?

PB Tech - MBDGBM3028 : Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AMD 760G mATX Socket AM3+ 4 X DDR3 DIMMs VGA/DVI/HDMI USB3 support

Here are some pics of the specs if the link doesn't work

Should I go with this board or the other one?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Do you not know how to read???
    I never said it was exactly DDR5....
    The reason why it is called GDDR5 is it being based on DDR3 but has double the bandwidth of DDR3.
    Graphics cards require memory that's extremely fast to operate, which is why they don't just put DDR3 on it, otherwise you would have a slow ass shit video card.
    For now only DDR5 is made for video cards which is why its named GDDR5 (Graphics Double Data Rate, version 5)

A little more info, DDR4 has already been released since 2012, by Samsung....
    DDR4 was planned by early 2008.
    Graphical SDRAM and standard SDRAM are completely different in architecture and use a completely different revision scheme. So saying there is such a thing as DDR5 because there is GDDR5 is completely disingenuous. GDDR uses completely different voltages, and require a much larger PCB to even opperate not to mention they are based on older data line densities. DDR4, let alone DDR5, will bare next to no resemblance to GDDR5.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks

I was just looking at some more motherboards and I came across this one. Would it be better than the ASRock one that I posted earlier?

PB Tech - MBDGBM3028 : Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AMD 760G mATX Socket AM3+ 4 X DDR3 DIMMs VGA/DVI/HDMI USB3 support

Other one i think. could you link the old one? From memory i think the first one you picked had a better chipset on it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Graphical SDRAM and standard SDRAM are completely different in architecture and use a completely different revision scheme. So saying there is such a thing as DDR5 because there is GDDR5 is completely disingenuous. GDDR uses completely different voltages, and require a much larger PCB to even opperate not to mention they are based on older data line densities. DDR4, let alone DDR5, will bare next to no resemblance to GDDR5.
    Thats because by time they release the new GDDR it will have changed to GDDR6, each version changes with the new DDR as GDDR is built off the current DDR.
    The only reason why they don't use the current GDDR5 as the motherboard ram is due to GDDR5 processes bigger size then it could processes smaller.
    Also the only voltage difference is about 0.3 V. another thing is that GDDR and DDR still use the same exact BGA as one another.
    There however some differences between the, but even tho I did say DDR5 does exist clearly does mean it really does, as marketing companies will still consider GDDR5 close to DDR5. The only way to tell them part is if you say DDR5 SDRam.

Not sure about Gigabyte, I would normally go with Asus or EVGA.

EVGA for INTEL
    Asus for AMD
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 12-26-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Other one i think. could you link the old one? From memory i think the first one you picked had a better chipset on it.
    PB Tech - MBDASR0327 : ASRock 970 Pro3 R2 Supports AM3+ Processor, 8-Core CPU 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 Slots, Support AMD CrossFireX

Also, whats the best way to ground myself to avoid static electricity? I have an anti static mat and thats all. I'm thinking of building today if I can get all the parts
    Last edited by Tall kiwi; 12-26-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks

PB Tech - MBDASR0327 : ASRock 970 Pro3 R2 Supports AM3+ Processor, 8-Core CPU 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 Slots, Support AMD CrossFireX

Also, whats the best way to ground myself to avoid static electricity? I have an anti static mat and thats all. I'm thinking of building today if I can get all the parts
    This mb is better then the other one. I myself don't use any form of anti static. But if you wan't to be on the safe side i recommend you get a anti static armband. you should be fine though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast