You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Just finished Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

>MFW

A friend recommended it to me, and honestly I don't even know what the fuck is up anymore. Going to probably watch Kill la Kill tomorrow.

brb questioning reality and the universe

Thanks
    Yeah, it was a pretty good anime. It had a slowish start though. Kill la Kill is made by some of the people who worked on TTGL and I like it a bit more.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    Yeah, it was a pretty good anime. It had a slowish start though. Kill la Kill is made by some of the people who worked on TTGL and I like it a bit more.
    Personaly I didnt enjoy TTGL. I barely started and I ost interest completely. even after being recommended a lot.
    Same shit happened with SnK. DayuM!
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    Yeah, I really watched it because I wanted to watch Kill la Kill and my friend told me I should watch TTGL first. So glad I did, and either tomorrow or the next day I'm doing to watch the first 12 episodes of Kill la Kill so I can be ready when it comes back (on Thursday, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post

Personaly I didnt enjoy TTGL. I barely started and I ost interest completely. even after being recommended a lot.
    Same shit happened with SnK. DayuM!
    I actually thought TTGL started off pretty fast and kept that same pace for the whole show. The only complaint I have (other than my feels being destroyed) is that power ups kind of came out of nowhere. But hey, it's a Shonen, so I can't complain. (Especially when it left me with such an awesome feel every time it happened).

SnK was so interesting as a concept from the beginning (and had such an awesome opening) that even if it did start slow I was able to keep watching. It wasn't really THAT slow either, I mean

Eren's mom died at the end of the first episode.

Which not only shattered my feels but seemed like a decently paced start to me.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 01-07-2014 at 06:01 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Yeah, I really watched it because I wanted to watch Kill la Kill and my friend told me I should watch TTGL first. So glad I did, and either tomorrow or the next day I'm doing to watch the first 12 episodes of Kill la Kill so I can be ready when it comes back (on Thursday, right?).

I actually thought TTGL started off pretty fast and kept that same pace for the whole show. The only complaint I have (other than my feels being destroyed) is that power ups kind of came out of nowhere. But hey, it's a Shonen, so I can't complain. (Especially when it left me with such an awesome feel every time it happened).

SnK was so interesting as a concept from the beginning (and had such an awesome opening) that even if it did start slow I was able to keep watching. It wasn't really THAT slow either, I mean

Eren's mom died at the end of the first episode.

Which not only shattered my feels but seemed like a decently paced start to me.
    It's not like it was slow. What I tried to say is that there was a big hype with those 2 animes that I though I need to see this, but then, when I started, I quit, overhype.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post

It's not like it was slow. What I tried to say is that there was a big hype with those 2 animes that I though I need to see this, but then, when I started, I quit, overhype.
    This is the common misconception with anime.

Anime does not work like TV pilots. It builds story and action. TTGL gets better as it goes, so does SnK.

:/ People who quit before episode 5 on anime's probably wouldn't like 99% of anime to begin with.

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    This is the common misconception with anime.

Anime does not work like TV pilots. It builds story and action. TTGL gets better as it goes, so does SnK.

:/ People who quit before episode 5 on anime's probably wouldn't like 99% of anime to begin with.
    Yeah, I never judge an anime until I finish it. Probably why I find it so hard to START watching an anime in general. If I start it, I end it. (Unless it's like Big 3 level long, I may drop it after a few arcs if I find it boring).

But yeah, if it's 26 episodes long (which TTGL is without the "re-cap" episode), I would never drop it after like 5.