Thanks

Can you tell more about Islam Tradition?

Can you tell more about Islam Tradition? I just want to learn more about their culture, tradition, acitivities. All i know is they are wearing hood. They have mosque. Sometimes i heard that they hate Christians and sometimes they behead them secretly. Can you tell more about them?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Can you learn to google and research this yourself? That would solve a lot more questions than just Islam for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

gtaplayer2 (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rock10798 View Post
    Can you tell more about Islam Tradition? I just want to learn more about their culture, tradition, acitivities. All i know is they are wearing hood. They have mosque. Sometimes i heard that they hate Christians and sometimes they behead them secretly. Can you tell more about them?
    Hi,

That is a very broad question. This is a digital Islamic Library that should be able to answer any of your questions: https://www.al-islam.org/feature/isla...#introductiony
    You can search for anything relating to Islam and it will show you many articles and books. Let me know if you cannot find something or if you want me to summarise anything for any specific questions you have.

Just like with any group of people there will always be the bad as well as the good. Muslims do not hate Christians only the extremists do. The extremists follow Wahabism which started in the 19th century. This thread I created will explain it: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=841019

The Quran calls Christians as people of the book. It does not teach to hate Christians, let alone insult them or be violent to them. Muslims also believe in Jesus, but we believe he was a messenger only just like all of the other messengers of God. We do not believe Jesus is God. Here are some verses from the Quran talking about the similarities and differences between Islam and Christianity:

Commonalities:

"Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians -- whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve" (2:62, 5:69, and many other verses).

"...and nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, 'We are Christians,' because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant" (5:82).

"O you who believe! Be helpers of God -- as Jesus the son of Mary said to the Disciples, 'Who will be my helpers in (the work of) God?' Said the disciples, 'We are God's helpers!' Then a portion of the Children of Israel believed, and a portion disbelieved. But We gave power to those who believed, against their enemies, and they became the ones that prevailed" (61:14).

Warnings:

"If only they [i.e. Christians] had stood fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that was sent to them from their Lord, they would have enjoyed happiness from every side. There is from among them a party on the right course, but many of them follow a course that is evil" (5:66).

"Oh People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion, nor say of God anything but the truth. Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, was (no more than) a messenger of God, and His Word which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him. So believe in God and His messengers. Say not, 'Trinity.' Desist! It will be better for you, for God is One God, Glory be to Him! (Far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs" (4:171).

"The Jews call 'Uzair a son of God, and the Christians call Christ the son of God. That is but a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. God's curse be on them; how they are deluded away from the Truth! They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of God, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary. Yet they were commanded to worship but One God: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him! (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)" (9:30-31).
    Science is learning about the creation, Islam is learning about the creator.

Alif, Lam, Meem. - 2:1 Quran
    This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran