Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Exorcism View Post

I try to hang with my friends, and Yesterday I just broke down in my apartment. Metroid made me feel alot better. It is some shit to have severe depression.
    I remember one time I was home alone and breaking down so I just like hopped in the shower and cried while I had my IPod playing music at max volume for like 25-30 min
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    To copy my post on an earlier thread:

Have you ever felt depressed? More properly, have you ever 'had' depression? Have you had months-long periods in your life that you can barely remember because they were mostly absorbed by sitting in your bedroom, trying to figure out how to leave and be 'normal' for a moment? I'm not talking about a brief period of intense depression caused by the death of a loved one, of a long-term relationship falling apart, or any other transitory factor: I mean the sort of pathological bleakness that starts in your brainstem and travels down to your soul, to the point where there's brief periods in the day where you know (don't think, know) that suicide is the only answer. Days where the temptation to leave a corpse for others to find and the very act of looking in the mirror is so primally revolting you can barely do it. Days where you sicken yourself just by existing and when sitting in your car you want to start pulling off strips of skin simply because you can't be yourself and exist anymore. It's hard to describe what something like this feels like to someone who's been fortunate enough not to feel it- the very idea that the self no longer makes sense and you spend most of your time in a dream world of total, all-encompassing self-hatred and suffering. Not a romantic sorrow, not something passionate and artistic, but the greyness of living in that mental state, where sadness eventually gets overwhelmed by sheer tiredness, resignation, and regret that you ever existed. There's a potent mixture of insane rage and equally insane self-destruction in the feeling I think only really resonates with people who have been there before (and not even all the time, at that). It's a product of a very peculiar mixture of neurological chemicals and environmental suffering, Not really sad, not crying, not even wishing for another life, but just sitting on the couch, knees pulled to your chest, looking out the window, and not thinking because it hurts too much even to think. The agony that inspires a desperate bid for salvation at the bottom of a pill bottle.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Niet (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Ask yourself what makes you feel alive and then go do that,It doesn't matter if it's some weird fetish so don't worry about that

Thanks
    I once went through a phase like that. Then I started watching anime and fapping to bizarre fetishes. Never been happier in my life

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I've been depressed for quite a while, but not severely. It's awesome that you work out- that does wonders, but talking/hanging out with a close friend you know you can count on will definitely help, although I haven't actually tried that, and won't get the chance to. Try starting a relationship

Official Middleman since: 30 January 2014
    Minion since: 3 May 2014
    Editor since: 13 May 2014
    Marine since: 10 November 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I apologize to anyone who I have called autistic, for this is the most autistic thing I have ever seen. Thanks gbot.
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    You're the cancer of the marketplace. Someone vouch for me. +1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    To copy my post on an earlier thread:

Have you ever felt depressed? More properly, have you ever 'had' depression? Have you had months-long periods in your life that you can barely remember because they were mostly absorbed by sitting in your bedroom, trying to figure out how to leave and be 'normal' for a moment? I'm not talking about a brief period of intense depression caused by the death of a loved one, of a long-term relationship falling apart, or any other transitory factor: I mean the sort of pathological bleakness that starts in your brainstem and travels down to your soul, to the point where there's brief periods in the day where you know (don't think, know) that suicide is the only answer. Days where the temptation to leave a corpse for others to find and the very act of looking in the mirror is so primally revolting you can barely do it. Days where you sicken yourself just by existing and when sitting in your car you want to start pulling off strips of skin simply because you can't be yourself and exist anymore. It's hard to describe what something like this feels like to someone who's been fortunate enough not to feel it- the very idea that the self no longer makes sense and you spend most of your time in a dream world of total, all-encompassing self-hatred and suffering. Not a romantic sorrow, not something passionate and artistic, but the greyness of living in that mental state, where sadness eventually gets overwhelmed by sheer tiredness, resignation, and regret that you ever existed. There's a potent mixture of insane rage and equally insane self-destruction in the feeling I think only really resonates with people who have been there before (and not even all the time, at that). It's a product of a very peculiar mixture of neurological chemicals and environmental suffering, Not really sad, not crying, not even wishing for another life, but just sitting on the couch, knees pulled to your chest, looking out the window, and not thinking because it hurts too much even to think. The agony that inspires a desperate bid for salvation at the bottom of a pill bottle.
    I have had more than those feelings. Tbh, when I posted this I assumed you would repost this lol.
    there's nothing left for you here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    When I was depressed, I looked for a person I'm really close to & basically told them everything that was happening. What my problems were, what I was doing, how I was going through it & what I wanted to do with my life.

Find someone that you can talk to.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Suicide, always work.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lame View Post
    Suicide, always work.
    The fuck is wrong with you.

I apologize to anyone who I have called autistic, for this is the most autistic thing I have ever seen. Thanks gbot.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Wassabi? View Post
    The fuck is wrong with you.
    Well he's not wrong.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Well he's not wrong.
    But shit, it shouldn't be the first choice.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Suicide, always work.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorcism View Post
    I have been diagnosed with severe depression for 6 years now, and I really hate it.

I take Prozac (20mg), and switched from Paxil way back. Didn't like Paxil.

I wanna know if anyone else has the same thing, or not it does not matter, and have advice.

I feel the days being longer, my life getting harder to deal with, and for the first time in awhile I broke down. Idk if I should go to a therapist but it might be for the best. I just don't wanna feel like I am crazy...
    Is your avatar representing your state now lol? But I would seriously recommend going to a therapist, even if it make you feel crazy, it definitely is the best. Another option would be to get your mind of things, basically what you should do is to preoccupy yourself and be busy all the time.
    Last edited by Pepsi Cola; 02-04-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Suicide, always work.
    Go die, you ignorant fuck.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anti For This Useful Post:

[SMA] Paradise` (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Well he's not wrong.
    True, but I don't got the nerve for that.

Plus, the shit life throws at me shows I can still feel something. That's always interesting.

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Get out the fucking house, I feel like shit if I stay home for 1 day, I try to gtfo the house, most of the time my friends are busy with school and shit so we can't hang out, I just go hop in my car and drive around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast