Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Exclamation Plan hijacked in Mexico!

September 9, 2009 around 3 PM, a commercial airplane in Mexico was hijacked. The passengers made it off the plane successfully and unharmed. Hijackers were Bolivian citizens, demanding to speak to Mexican President Felipe Calderon. Passengers said one hijacker carried an explosive device. All hijackers in custody with about 3 other suspects. Should the U.S. be involved, or should Mexican officials take care of this?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    i think its mexico's fault they weren't protecting their planes better. I dont think the US should get involved.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jingles View Post
    September 9, 2009 around 3 PM, a commercial airplane in Mexico was hijacked. The passengers made it off the plane successfully and unharmed. Hijackers were Bolivian citizens, demanding to speak to Mexican President Felipe Calderon. Passengers said one hijacker carried an explosive device. All hijackers in custody with about 3 other suspects. Should the U.S. be involved, or should Mexican officials take care of this?
    Let them take care of it. We have not beef with the Bolivians. Though ofcourse the president will give some lame line like "we disapprove of their actions" but every country will say that. Probably even Bolivia.

What this does do is bring attention to a Mexican Bolivia conflict. What is the conflict? I don't know, but now that they captured a plane I do o_O. The fact that no one was killed also leaves the a table for discussion open since Mexico doesn't necessarily have the pity card.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Let them take care of it.

1 - Its their fucking country. o_O

2 - Their problem. -_-

3 - Didnt protect planes that well.

4 - IDK. o.o

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    mexicans are dumb fucks /end of story

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    yea that about sums it up lol...

Inside a packet. It's quite comfy in here...
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Yeah, let the Mexicans take care of their own problems. I'm really tired of America meddling in foreign affairs. Besides, they're overrunning the country... nationwide academic scores are going down, poverty is rising... you get the picture.