Started watching this because it was suggested to me by @AqworldThunder and @Empire

Watched the first episode last night. Um, not really sure what the hell is happening or if they explain everything in the future. If you haven't watched this and don't want to read spoilers, don't read on.

First of since, since Thunder recommended me to start off the monogatari series with Bake, that's exactly what I did. So from the first episode all I know so far is that this has to do with vampires (which I was notified of before the series), yet I became extremely confused when she pulled out school supplies to fight the main character (forgot his name). Also, they have so many pauses to observe these stupid signs and give me 0.5 seconds to read them all, I mean, its worse than Attack on Titan's info transitions in the middle of the episode. And the graphics/animations look really high quality compared to the normal anime I'm used to watching (SAO, AOT, Magi, etc.). Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but do they explain stuff later on? I really want to continue but I don't want to waste my time and quit halfway through the series.