Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

MPGH News (2/23/14): The Comeback

44th Edition - The Comeback
    2/23/14

MPGH News is back!
    That's right. I'm runnin' this shit now. After months of hiatus, procrastination, MASTURbation, and counter-strike, we're finally back. Psychotic (@Dave's Sheep) decided that his dumb little school grades or whatever were much more important than the internet. What a nerd, right? Anyway, I know I made the app thread at least a month ago, and it seems like we haven't done much. Well, that's because we haven't. Being on hiatus for so long, it's really hard to get back into the groove of things. But, I think we'll be able to manage. For now.

User News*

- BattleOn Minion Applications have opened up! : https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=795203
    - MPGH News is back! Editions are now being released on Sunday instead of Friday.

Postbans

Congratulations to @| ∞ | for achieving 1,337 posts!
    Congratulations to @BigScotiaBhoy for achieving 2,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Bernard. for achieving 21,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Reav3R for achieving 1,337 posts!
    Congratulations to @Antipathy for achieving 10,000 posts!

Birthdays

Happy Birthday to @Delko DJ!

Who's going?

-

*This is only the User News for last week. Sorry if you didn't make it; we've all been pretty busy!

Interview - Wassabi?

[MPGH]Raple: Hello Wassabi, how are you doing today?

[MPGH]Wassabi?: I'm doing alright, I'm not dead. And you?

[MPGH]Raple: I'm great, thanks for asking. So what was your main purpose for joining MPGH?

[MPGH]Wassabi?: That's good to hear. And leeching was my main purpose. I was a few years younger so it wasn't a big deal, then I cam back after a year or two and really got into the community.

[MPGH]Raple: What section(s) do you think you were or are the most connected to?

[MPGH]Wassabi?: The Crossfire Section, mostly. I've also been picking up my activity in the Marketplace because of my position.

[MPGH]Raple: Yes, you are one of the new middlemen! That reminds me, how do you feel about your position? Is it fun for you?

[MPGH]Wassabi?: It's definitely loads of fun! It's great learning the ropes and how to conduct trades etc. It can be frustrating, though, because I occasionally see Scam Reports connected to threads that I've specifically posted on reminding them to use an OMM, and they didn't listen.

[MPGH]Raple: Yeah, I get that a lot. The position can me frustrating sometimes. What games do you enjoy playing nowadays?

[MPGH]Wassabi?: I don't really play games due to time constraints and a tight schedule, but I've recently gotten into Realm of the Mad God and Oversoul. I also try to log into Crossfire when I can.

[MPGH]Raple: I really do enjoy RotMG myself, and have been playing for almost 2 years. Besides MPGH, what takes up the rest of your time?

[MPGH]Wassabi?: Very cool. Outside of MPGH it's mostly schoolwork and extra-curricular activities (wrestling, swimming, water polo, etc.).

[MPGH]Raple: How long have to been doing all of those sports?

[MPGH]Wassabi?: I've only been wrestling for a year now, but I've been swimming and playing water polo for about 2 years.

[MPGH]Raple: I took swimming for 1 year, and I personally enjoyed water polo. It was probably my favorite thing to do in the water. Before we end this interview, do you want to give any shoutouts?

[MPGH]Wassabi?: Aquatic sports are rather enjoyable. And I'd like to give a shoutout to the entire Crossfire Section and @Euphemistic for being a good friend.

[MPGH]Raple: Awesome, thanks for the great interview. You have a fantstic night.

[MPGH]Wassabi?: Anytime. And you as well!

Strider makes an amazing comeback, and slashes its way into US hearts Feburary 19th! What was that? $14.99?!

The Strider series provided some of my favorite games. They were not particularly good, but not completely bad either. The NES version was a flop, and the Playstation 1 sequel was pretty good. Strider fans, such as myself, have been waiting for some sort of redemption, to take the Judgy Jason's and put them to shame. It has taken over 10 years, but I am here to tell you that Strider is back... And better than ever! I was lucky enough to get a copy a week before its street date! The controls were smooth and less clunky then its PS1 Counterpart, and the gameplay and visuals are amazing. I really recommend giving this game a go. What will the price be, you ask? Well billy, the price will be a huge, whoppin' 15 bucks. Yeah. You heard me.

Titanfall Open Beta is released to PC and Xbox One users as the release date shortens its gap!
    Other than the sorta boring Titan fights, this game is pretty amazing. For those of you who've been living under a rock for the past few months, Titanfall is a First-Person Shooter developed by Respawn Entertainment and Published by the infamous Electronic Arts. Whether it is Run and Gun Gameplay, Mecha-Titan Rampage, or even some Parkour fun, Respawn delivered, and there is even more to come. I was honestly shocked when I heard that Titanfall received 60 Awards at the E3 2013 Reveal, and even more shocked that it ran on the Source Engine. (But heavily modified, of course.)

Titanfall is planned to be released in the US on March 11th on PC, and March 25th on Xbox One. I only got one question for you... Are you ready to kick some ass?

Magicite comes to Steam on Feb. 11th, and be sure not to glance over it!
    Ever played Rogue Legacy? I have, and I always liked its Permanent Death idea very much. No game I have ever played really implemented it the same way, and they really should have. Magicite does just that, and even gives us sort of a Terraria feel to it as well. Your goal in the game is to survive in this scary, monster infested world where death REALLY MEANS DEATH. Like Dungeon Crawlers? It has that. You like Terraria like survival? It's got that too. You like 8 bit style as well? Checkaroo.

Interested? Well, this game is in the Steam store for $9.99 in Early Release, meaning this game is growing AS YOU PLAY IT. I don't know about you, but its getting dark, and unless you want to be Monster Grub you better take shelter soon!

Ukraine Protesters
    [img]https://www.globalpos*****m/sites/default/files/imagecache/gp3_small_article/photos/2014-February/yanukovych_impeached.jpg[/img]
    In the city of Kyiv, Ukraine after two days of relatively quiet behavior there was a sudden uproar in explosions, except it wasn't grenades this time it was Fireworks.
    There were mass developments in Ukraine that has slowly dismantled the current Regime on Saturday.

President Viktor Yanukovych fled the City of Kyiv after his residence was slowly being captured by Ukraine Protesters. His capital city and home was claimed the following day.

In the dark, lawmakers created an early poll that would move the Presidential Election date to the 25th of May.

"Yanukovych ran away and this is our victory," said Pavlo Kuchapin, one of the leading protesters.

"It is not a real victory 'til Yanukovych is punished for the bloodshed his police caused. He must stand trial, and it is better to be an international trial," said Viktor Katerinchuk, another one of the many protesters.

Jane Goodall, The Chimp Whisperer.

Jane Goodall is the most renowned expert on Chimpanzee's in the world, with dozens of books and many awards, she now runs the Jane Goodall Institute. The institute is an environmental conservation organization.

However, the chimp Wounda didn't know any of that.

Wounda was sick and close to death in the Congo before she found the Goodall Tchimpounga Chimpanzee Rehabilitation Center, The team spent many years helping Wounda regain her strength. In 2013 they released her into the chimp sanctuary on Tchindzoulou Island.

Before departing Jane and her team Wounda decided to grant Goodall with a huge hug to the woman that saved her life.

"Soaring dramatic score and onion-cutting at 2:45."

Panono, The Throwable Camera

Have you ever wanted to hurl a $550 plastic ball as high into the air as physically possible? Most people’s first inclination would be to say ‘absolutely not’, but what if I told you there’s a brand new gadget made just to do so. Following a massively successful Indiegogo campaign,
    Panono, a brand new tech startup, will be releasing their magnum opus. Enter the throwable camera.

Comprised of a spherical, plastic exterior and a grand total of 36 individual cameras, the device is designed to take panoramas no other camera can. Simply throw the ball into air, and it its hang point, it will activate all 36 cameras, creating a massive 108 Megapixel image of its surroundings.

The camera can also be manually activated via a push-button, or mounted on a tripod or stick.
    For more information and some great panorama shots, visit Panono. Panono - Panoramic Ball Camera

So MPGH, what would you do with it? Throw it over restricted government fences? Spy through people’s windows? Set a timer and roll it past the women’s locker room?

A 3D-Printed Duck Limb

I mean look at this little bugger.

Well it seems 3D-Printing keeps on expanding its list of uses, with the newest being rather strange.
    Pictured above is little Dudley, rescued in Sicamous, Canada. Dudley lost his leg due to a vicious attack from a chicken kept in the same pen. (What a cock, am I right?) Since then he’s been doing without, but not anymore.
    Hearing about his plight through a friend, Terence Loring of 3 Pillar Designs set out to fix the issue. Terence worked hard and came up with a solution, a homemade prosthetic.

The first iteration of the printed prosthetic.

Unfortunately, the first test broke, unable to support the normal use. Terence went back to the drawing board and came up with a single piece unit sturdy enough to support the active duck. They attached the new prosthetic and Dudley has been happily walking ever since.

Just goes to show that 3D-Printing is rapidly becoming more and more useful.

MPGH News Team

• Writers

Last edited by bowlcut; 02-23-2014 at 11:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to bowlcut For This Useful Post:

Anti (02-24-2014),[MPGH]Austin (02-24-2014),HalfBajan (02-23-2014),Delko DJ (02-24-2014),Euphemistic (02-24-2014),Express. (03-01-2014),[MPGH]Hugo Boss (02-24-2014),Josh (02-24-2014),KillTheNoise (02-24-2014),Lightning (02-24-2014),Lovroman (02-24-2014),Maxedout (02-24-2014),[MPGH]Mayion (02-27-2014),Paralyze (02-24-2014),Pepsi Cola (02-24-2014),Raple (02-23-2014),ReMastered (03-01-2014),Riddick (02-24-2014),Scotia (02-24-2014),TripperNet (02-24-2014),WarWood (04-14-2014),Youtro (02-24-2014),| ∞ | (02-24-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Wait, horror isn't a minion anymore? Wait what?
    Successful Trades: 52

Scammed Trades: 6

Vouch Profile!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTreesTV View Post
    Wait, horror isn't a minion anymore? Wait what?
    Thanks for the correction. I knew something wasn't right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlcut View Post
    Thanks for the correction. I knew something wasn't right.
    Minion+ if I'm correct.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    Awesome, glad it is finally back.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Raple For This Useful Post:

Anti (02-24-2014)

Thanks
    Now that was a good thread.
    Goodjob to everyone involved!
    Find my latest releases on my YT:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    The interview with Wassabi has a typo at the end. Just saying.

Good job everyone for getting it all in on time.
    there's nothing left for you here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Finally news are back.

Thanks
    'bout time
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Psychotic (@Dave's Sheep) decided that his dumb little school grades or whatever were much more important than the internet.
    RIP Life....

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio Jr. View Post
    Finally news are back.
    We WOULD have had it last week but the deadline was 2 days and only 3 of us actually got it in. (Which is not bad considering how out of the blue it was.)
    there's nothing left for you here.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Anti For This Useful Post:

Ryzeros. (02-24-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    yeah! finally.. btw I get new knowledge.. I don't know about the camera and titanfall
    Anything can PM me. I'm from Malaysia.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Finally,good news

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    It's about time too Colin!

And you missed my postban mention
    Last edited by Riddick; 02-24-2014 at 03:07 AM.

Thanks
    "Comeback"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast