Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

How-to: Benchmark Your New/Current PC

Why Should I Benchmark My PC?
    You should benchmark your PC to root out any potential problems that could have occurred during the installation process of the hardware and software (such as drivers and other manufacturers software). Checking the stability of your overclocking tweaks and to check the overall performance of your PC from when it was first built and to how it runs now.

Benchmarking your PC, especially a newly built one, will prepare the parts for the prolonged use it has ahead of it. This is important because some of the parts that you could have purchased, may have been sitting on the shelf for a long period of time and will need to tested to see if they still work to their specifications. This also holds true to second hand parts, and those should always be benchmarked.

What Can I Benchmark?
    You can pretty much benchmark all of your hardware components in this day and age as there are a multitude of tools available to test each individual hardware component. You can usually test these components inside of your PC:

- Graphics/Video Cards (Including Intergrated Graphics Processors)
    - SSDs and other Storage drives (HDDs, USBs, Ext HDDs)
    - CPUs
    - Power Supplies
    - RAM

Tools of The Trade
    GPU-Z & CPU-Z: These tools simply run through everything about your CPU and GPU and provide basic information such as Clock Speeds, Voltages and Memory usage if available. This is great software to have you are constantly overclocking or just need to check if your CPU or GPU are running up to specification.

Prime95: Whilst Prime95 is mainly used to slaughter CPUs and push them to the edge, it can also be used to test your RAM as well, but I recommend using it only to test your CPU as there are specific RAM testing tools out there.

Furmark: A great GPU Stress tester that will push your Graphics/Video card to it's limit, and best of all, it's FREE! This is a great tool to help test out your graphics cards stability after overclocking it, or just to perform a burn-in test to get it ready for prolonged use.

Memtest86+: This is one of, if not the most powerful and reliable memory (RAM) testers, and can normally yield failure-or-success rates with outstanding accuracy and rapidity.

CPUID's HWMonitor: This tool is an all-in-one monitoring software that will read out the system's general health status, voltages, temperatures, RPMs, and performance in a single, easy-to-use interface.

BlueScreenView: This is a great tool to have if you suffer a fatal crash during testing and witness the dreaded blue screen of death. This tool will allow you to view the dump file that windows has made and let you see exactly what cause the crash.

Tool Shop
    CPU-Z: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
    GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
    Prime95: https://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/
    Furmark: https://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
    Memtest86+: https://www.memtest.org/
    CPUID's HWMonitor: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    BlueScreenView: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Before You Begin
    Before you begin bechmarking your system, I recommend that your Operating System, BIOS, Graphics/Video Card and CPU all have their latest updates installed on your system. This will aid in keeping your system stable under benchmarking conditions and may will eliminate any potential problems from occurring during the subsequent tests that will be undertaken.

Lets Benchmark Your PC

FurMark is one of the best burn-in testers out there for GPUs, and while Heaven is fantastic, FurMark is spec'd a bit more heavily toward the stress-testing side. FurMark is for serious benchmarking - we highly recommend running it to abuse any new or used GPU you pick up.

Be careful with this tool - it can be deadly to GPUs if handled carelessly.

Launch FurMark once it's downloaded. Enable the Xtreme burn-in option and Burn-in option; click "Settings" and enabled the GPU Temperature Alarm. Set your max GPU temperature to something reasonable. If you want to be safe, set it to something around 80C. More experienced users should be able to deduce the maximum temperature if it is higher than this.

Set the benchmark duration as necessary. I always recommend running a short benchmark first (you can abort at any time) and manually monitoring temperatures for a few minutes before deciding on extended test settings. Check the "Log GPU temperature" option while you're in here.

Let's start simple: Run the preset 1080 benchmark (this is one of the least abusive ones) and personally monitor it until completion or boredom sets in. If things are looking good and the temperatures aren't crazy, go for the burn-in benchmark, get some food, and return in fifteen minutes. Overnight tests can be run with either manual settings or the "BURN-IN test" button. Just don't overdo it. Always ask us in the comments for recommended settings if you're unsure.

If no catastrophic failures have occurred after all of this synthetic testing, we can hope that the product is stable and will not fail any time in the near future. The hope is, to re-iterate, that we initiate failures in the first 24-72 hours, rather than 31 days from purchase. A reliable GPU will not be damaged by this testing - it's just like playing graphics-intensive games (again, just don't overdo the settings - if the FPS is low and temperatures are high, that's a sign to stop and lower the settings).

Prime95

This program has been around for a number of years and has certainly seen its share of use in enterprise and corporate environments, but as hardware becomes more widely accessible by the general gaming public, it's found its place in gaming analysis and benchmarking, too.

Prime95 tests the CPU and memory exhaustively and installs with three presets for testing -- for CPU stressing, we'll use Small FFTs (Fast Fourier Transformation, a complex mathematical approach to computationally pressuring the CPU) and Large FFTs for now. The blend test is great to throw in if time permits - and it's also a good way to check up on the RAM.

Large FFTs should stress the CPU the most, you should see a screen that looks like this when P95 is launched:

The Large FFTs test will take a bit longer to run, but should give the best stability results.

Initiating the test will introduce a screen that looks something like this:

Let the test run through - if any anomalies are spotted or crashing occurs, you may have a problem with instability or unstable cores. Try running the test on fewer cores to see if that helps (additionally, unlocked cores may cause this problem - try disabling the unlocked core temporarily).

Conclusion
    If everything has passed with no errors or crashing, then your PC has been setup and configured properly and is ready for everyday use.

If your PC has errors or has crashed during one of these tests, then you may leave a comment below asking for help, and we will see to it that we try and resolve your problem. It would also help if you used this format when asking for help:

Code:
    CPU:
    RAM:
    GFX CARD:
    Operating System:
    Fault Description:
    ScreenShots:
    Last edited by Justin; 02-27-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

ミHorizon彡 (12-26-2014),Cataclypse (12-28-2014),Harley (05-24-2016),[MPGH]Mayion (03-04-2014),Pimples700 (01-29-2017),Scotia (02-27-2014),Skrome (11-08-2014),WhiteDagger (02-28-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Why Should I Benchmark My PC?
    You should benchmark your PC to root out any potential problems that could have occurred during the installation process of the hardware and software (such as drivers and other manufacturers software). Checking the stability of your overclocking tweaks and to check the overall performance of your PC from when it was first built and to how it runs now.

Benchmarking your PC, especially a newly built one, will prepare the parts for the prolonged use it has ahead of it. This is important because some of the parts that you could have purchased, may have been sitting on the shelf for a long period of time and will need to tested to see if they still work to their specifications. This also holds true to second hand parts, and those should always be benchmarked.

What Can I Benchmark?
    You can pretty much benchmark all of your hardware components in this day and age as there are a multitude of tools available to test each individual hardware component. You can usually test these components inside of your PC:

- Graphics/Video Cards (Including Intergrated Graphics Processors)
    - SSDs and other Storage drives (HDDs, USBs, Ext HDDs)
    - CPUs
    - Power Supplies
    - RAM

Tools of The Trade
    GPU-Z & CPU-Z: These tools simply run through everything about your CPU and GPU and provide basic information such as Clock Speeds, Voltages and Memory usage if available. This is great software to have you are constantly overclocking or just need to check if your CPU or GPU are running up to specification.

Prime95: Whilst Prime95 is mainly used to slaughter CPUs and push them to the edge, it can also be used to test your RAM as well, but I recommend using it only to test your CPU as there are specific RAM testing tools out there.

Furmark: A great GPU Stress tester that will push your Graphics/Video card to it's limit, and best of all, it's FREE! This is a great tool to help test out your graphics cards stability after overclocking it, or just to perform a burn-in test to get it ready for prolonged use.

Memtest86+: This is one of, if not the most powerful and reliable memory (RAM) testers, and can normally yield failure-or-success rates with outstanding accuracy and rapidity.

CPUID's HWMonitor: This tool is an all-in-one monitoring software that will read out the system's general health status, voltages, temperatures, RPMs, and performance in a single, easy-to-use interface.

BlueScreenView: This is a great tool to have if you suffer a fatal crash during testing and witness the dreaded blue screen of death. This tool will allow you to view the dump file that windows has made and let you see exactly what cause the crash.

Tool Shop
    CPU-Z: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
    GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
    Prime95: https://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/
    Furmark: https://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
    Memtest86+: https://www.memtest.org/
    CPUID's HWMonitor: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    BlueScreenView: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Before You Begin
    Before you begin bechmarking your system, I recommend that your Operating System, BIOS, Graphics/Video Card and CPU all have their latest updates installed on your system. This will aid in keeping your system stable under benchmarking conditions and may will eliminate any potential problems from occurring during the subsequent tests that will be undertaken.

Lets Benchmark Your PC

FurMark is one of the best burn-in testers out there for GPUs, and while Heaven is fantastic, FurMark is spec'd a bit more heavily toward the stress-testing side. FurMark is for serious benchmarking - we highly recommend running it to abuse any new or used GPU you pick up.

Be careful with this tool - it can be deadly to GPUs if handled carelessly.

Launch FurMark once it's downloaded. Enable the Xtreme burn-in option and Burn-in option; click "Settings" and enabled the GPU Temperature Alarm. Set your max GPU temperature to something reasonable. If you want to be safe, set it to something around 80C. More experienced users should be able to deduce the maximum temperature if it is higher than this.

Set the benchmark duration as necessary. I always recommend running a short benchmark first (you can abort at any time) and manually monitoring temperatures for a few minutes before deciding on extended test settings. Check the "Log GPU temperature" option while you're in here.

Let's start simple: Run the preset 1080 benchmark (this is one of the least abusive ones) and personally monitor it until completion or boredom sets in. If things are looking good and the temperatures aren't crazy, go for the burn-in benchmark, get some food, and return in fifteen minutes. Overnight tests can be run with either manual settings or the "BURN-IN test" button. Just don't overdo it. Always ask us in the comments for recommended settings if you're unsure.

If no catastrophic failures have occurred after all of this synthetic testing, we can hope that the product is stable and will not fail any time in the near future. The hope is, to re-iterate, that we initiate failures in the first 24-72 hours, rather than 31 days from purchase. A reliable GPU will not be damaged by this testing - it's just like playing graphics-intensive games (again, just don't overdo the settings - if the FPS is low and temperatures are high, that's a sign to stop and lower the settings).

Prime95

This program has been around for a number of years and has certainly seen its share of use in enterprise and corporate environments, but as hardware becomes more widely accessible by the general gaming public, it's found its place in gaming analysis and benchmarking, too.

Prime95 tests the CPU and memory exhaustively and installs with three presets for testing -- for CPU stressing, we'll use Small FFTs (Fast Fourier Transformation, a complex mathematical approach to computationally pressuring the CPU) and Large FFTs for now. The blend test is great to throw in if time permits - and it's also a good way to check up on the RAM.

Large FFTs should stress the CPU the most, you should see a screen that looks like this when P95 is launched:

The Large FFTs test will take a bit longer to run, but should give the best stability results.

Initiating the test will introduce a screen that looks something like this:

Let the test run through - if any anomalies are spotted or crashing occurs, you may have a problem with instability or unstable cores. Try running the test on fewer cores to see if that helps (additionally, unlocked cores may cause this problem - try disabling the unlocked core temporarily).

Conclusion
    If everything has passed with no errors or crashing, then your PC has been setup and configured properly and is ready for everyday use.

If your PC has errors or has crashed during one of these tests, then you may leave a comment below asking for help, and we will see to it that we try and resolve your problem. It would also help if you used this format when asking for help:

Code:
    CPU:
    RAM:
    GFX CARD:
    Operating System:
    Fault Description:
    ScreenShots:
    very nice guide justin!
    Vouch thread

Quote Originally Posted by foginho81 View Post
    Hello guys,5 mins ago i dowloaded this program, in 2 minutes i cracked an account, so i purchased Premium for supporting and have unlimited features!

A+++ Tool GREAT CODER!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkiller198 View Post
    I just purchased a Premium account and I haven't had any problems with it!

Quote Originally Posted by ImShan View Post
    Vouch for this guy!

I just bought premium and works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiiKFO View Post
    Vouch bought premium works very well
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade324 View Post
    vouch i just bought premium it works great
    Quote Originally Posted by coolzombiesg View Post
    Vouch for him

I just bought premium and works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaizoPvP View Post
    VOUCHE: Yep, you are a legit seller, and I like the stuff you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTNGaming View Post
    Premium Purchased

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jew For This Useful Post:

Justin (02-27-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    ​Great guide my man, thanks for the write-up, should help a few of the newbs out.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Justin (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Really good guide. Thanks a lot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I would like to suggest that after every overclock you should benchmark the components for at least 30 minutes in a hybrid test.

Thanks
    Very informative guide. Read it and saved

publicclassLocation{publicstativoidmain(String[]args){System.out.println("Sparkle,CoastalMall,Moa");
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    thanks for this. This is very helpful i tested my pc capabilities with this guide
    Respect List:

@DaneCoder
    @Joker
    @lagger
    @Coderz

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Currently working on a revised and updated version of this thread

Minion Statistics

Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

Thanks
    Nice guide

Thanks
    Why not just use Passmark? .Not allowed to post a link so you will have to Google it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Hi Justin, thanks for the post back then; was wondering if it's still relevant and up to date for the current time. Thanks and cheers

Thanks

Windows 10 Printer Offline

The viability of each of these depends entirely on what you’re seeing. It stands to reason that if you only see the printer go offline in Windows 10 but the printer itself is on and waiting, it won’t be power, cabling or a hardware issue. Windows 10 Printer Offline Support is providing the customer support for various types of printer issues.

Thanks

Hi

The effectiveness of each scenario hinges solely on your observations. If you notice the printer going offline in Windows 10 while the printer itself remains powered on and ready, it suggests that the problem isn't related to power, cables, or hardware issues. Windows 10 Printer Offline Support offers assistance for a range of printer issues.