Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

MPGH News (3/9/14)

46th Edition
    3/9/14

We're late!
    Oh man you guys missed it. I went to Disneyland and got to test out the new Thunder Mountain. It's pretty good.

User News

Postbans

Congratulations to @bowlcut for achieving 5,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Zuhrain for achieving 1,337 posts!
    Congratulations to @Jhem for achieving 1,337 posts!

Birthdays
    Happy Birthday to @matasr55 !

Promotions

Congratulations to @Hugo Boss for becoming the new Marketplace Minion!

Interview - Tao.

Euphemistic: Oh yeah, right. Hello, Tao. How are you keeping up with this fine evening we got tonight?

Tao.: Pretty well, no complaints. What about you?

Euphemistic: I'm doing fine as well. Just got through reading books from the book suggestion I made a while back. Thanks for asking! What have been the biggest news events during your lifetime and why?

Tao.: Good to hear. Well, I personally took the Columbine Shooting that took place in Colorado very hard. A good friend was lost, and I will never forget his help with my basketball training.

Euphemistic: Oh I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences. I've lost someone dearest close to me, too! But I'm interviewing you so, I won't even bother. Do you have any hobbies or special interests? Do you enjoy any particular sports?

Tao.: I am sorry to hear that, my condolences to you as well. Well, as I mentioned, I played basketball as a kid, and I also play for my Community College team as their Point Guard. Other than sports, I play the guitar frequently, and play a ton of console games.

Euphemistic: Ah, an aesthetic person. Nice. I too likes to play the acoustic guitar, mainly. And drums, I've always like playing drums. What kind of games are you most into? Any type of genre?

Tao.: Awesome, I love the drums. My favorite game is Shadow of the Colossus because, at the time, it was one of the most innovative, yet challenging games out there. My favorite Genre is Shoot-em Ups, because I grew up with Gradius and Gokujou Parodius and still play to this day.

Euphemistic: Hmm, to be honest, I've never actually heard of that game. I'm quite sorry. But I just looked it up on the internet and I pondered to myself, I should play it as well. It does seems challenging. What do you think are your three best qualities? Your three worst?

Tao.: I really do recommend playing them, although Parodius is a little too pricey. My three best qualities, in my opinion, is my Work Ethic, my Honesty, and my Public Speaking. I think my 3 worst qualities include Misreading Emotions, being Impatient at times, and also just being cocky when I do not mean to be.

Euphemistic: Those are some lovely qualities. I sometimes makes the worst misreading peoples' emotions. And I don't like it when I make things worst. I hate that feeling, too! What do you do for fun?

Tao.: I like to go to my local record shop and see if they get anything new, which they always seem to. I usually spend my time there, sitting at a table drinking cokes and on my laptop. Other than that, just sitting at home and relaxing is an amazing feeling, and I would not pass it up for the world.

Euphemistic: Relaxing. Yes, indeed it is an amazing feeling. I rarely go outside my house because sometimes I'm shy. The worst thing about being shy and introverted as that you most of the time come off as cold and arrogant, like you think you’re better than everyone else and that's why you don’t talk to people or hang out with them. But it’s really the opposite. It's like you are so uncomfortable with yourself that you don’t wanna share it with anyone else, so you just don't and people think you’re an asshole but you are actually just really scared. I hate that gut feeling.
    What are some of your passions in life? What have you liked best about your life so far? What’s your happiest or proudest moment?

Tao.: I know that feeling very well. Music is my passion, and it brought me and my father together. The best thing that happened in my life was having a daughter. Not alot of people know this, but I had a kid at 17, which is a really scary thing to take on. I married her mother at 18, and last year we divorced, and she got full custody. I miss my daughter a lot, but it is out of my control. My happiest moment, was my father's determination to bond with me. I was a very rebellious kid at 16, and was sort-of a shut in. I played guitar a lot, and my father and I shared nothing in common. He went out of his way to teach himself to play guitar during his lunch break for half a year, just to bond with his son. He listened to my Genre of music just to be closer. I think I could not be more proud of my father.

Euphemistic: Your dad is probably the most compassionate, reliable, caring, loyal person I've ever known. You're a lucky guy, dude! You could always alter your destiny. Alright. Do you have a philosophy of life? What’s your best piece of advice for living? If a young person came to you asking what’s the most important thing for living a good life, what would you say?

Tao.: Life does things to you, and my father was a good point, but the bad certainly outweighs the good. But there is no need to continue that. Strive to be the best at what you do, and be sure to do it for you, not for others. That is my philosophy. My advice for keepin' on is, Don't let anyone get you down. Whether it be your parents, or bullies, or teachers, or anyone for that matter, You need to disregard their disbelief in you, and just be you. Life has no perfect plan, where if you do this and this, then you get a perfect life. Life is about risk, and taking those risks head on; some may fail, but some may be beneficial. Do not be afraid of taking that chance, because it could mean nothing, or something big.

Euphemistic: The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things and make them unimportant. What are your thoughts on Abortions? Would you consider it as a murder, or not at all? What are some of your pondered issues with this? I mean, there has been a vast majority of debates. From the point of view of someone who believes that every fertilized egg is a sentient human person, abortion would be horrific. Tragic. Lethal. But it would be no more murderous than any other kind of accidental death.

Tao.: Abortion is not murder, in my opinion. I believe life begins when the baby is born, not when it was concieved. I struggled with this when my 6th grade health teacher asked this very question, and me being a ignorant kid, I didn't even know what a fetus was. So, I guess my real issue with it was comprehending it at a young age.

Euphemistic: Well yeah! Science over religion will and always win. That's a perspective from an atheist myself. Come to think of it, I ran out of questions. I guess that's all the time we have, Tao. Would you like to mention someone you'd like before we close this interview?

Tao.: Yes, I would like to mention the entire News Team for doing such great work, I'd also like to thank
    @Hugo Boss, @Justin, @Genesis, @Flengo, and @Symmetrical for being such supportive friends to me. I am sorry if I missed anyone else.

Euphemistic: Thank you for answering all my unrelative, few inappropriate, BS questions. I had a great time reading all your responded pleasures. Good night, Mr. Tao.. Live long & prosper!

Tao.: All your questions were great, pal. Thanks for having me.

Amy Hennig Leaves NaughtyDog!

Amy Hennig, one of the most respected women in the Video Game Industry, and the director of the Uncharted series, has recently left the Video Game Company, Naughty Dog. While her circumstances are not clear, Sony Entertainment had this to say about Amy's departure from the Company:

"We can confirm that Amy Hennig has left Naughty Dog. Amy has made significant contributions to the game industry and we appreciate all she has done for Naughty Dog. The development timeline of Uncharted will not be impacted."
    So what happens to the Uncharted Series? Well, some rumors are running around that Niel Drunkmann and Bruce Straley will become the new directors, and continue to work on the New Uncharted game to be released for the Playstation 4, A game that Amy has left behind.

10 Second Ninja is now available on Steam!

Ninja's are universally cool, Everyone literally knows that. This game is quite the gem, because you play a blue ninja that goes rogue and kills his own kind. Wait, that's not righ-OH, now I remember. They were not his own kind, they were NAZI NINJA'S. (Man, they are trying to run that 'Nazi' idea into the ground, eh?) Robot Hitler does not want you, the blue ninja, to walk along the ninja path anymore, so he sends his goons for you to fight. Sounds easy right? Well what if I told you that you must beat each level in 10 SECONDS? There are 40 levels, all jam packed with Fast-Paced, High Octane fun. Each level has it's own tricky, puzzle-like way of getting you to kill every giant robot in your way. The pressure must feel good, doesn't it?

This game was pretty good, and defeating Hitlers Robot Autocracy was pretty fun, so for me its a recommended buy. The price is not too much, only $7.49. Oh, and you fight Hitler, that's cool.

Dark Souls 2 release date draws near, and console gamers are getting excited!

HOOOOOO DAMN. Look what we have here. Dark Souls was all about killing the Adventure, the Difficulty, the Danger, and would always keep us on our toes. It taught us Patience, and how Sen's Fortress is a piece of shit. Well guess what's back to beat us ragged, to give us anger-induced migraines, to keep us from going to work/school for long periods of the time? Dark Souls 2 can certainly do that. Now you may be asking, "What is Dark Souls 2 about?" Well Billy, Dark Souls 2 is a bit different, as you can imagine. You will first find yourself in Drangleic, Once a prosperous town bustling with life. Now, it is in broken ruin. How can you fix that? Well, you gotta find the cure that screwed this town up, the cure that removes the Curse of the Undead. Make's you giddy, right?

The GUI got a bit of an update, and now you get a new and improved Character Customization. What's New? Well, besides new environments, new GUI, New Customization, This game fixed some old problems that make Dark Souls 2 a true sequel. They fixed Griefing, so that there is a new Hierarchy to who gets invaded, and who plays happily in a shit world. The more Sin you got, the more invasions you deal with. The Game Dev's for Dark Souls 2 confirmed that you can get invaded EVEN IF YOU'RE HOLLOWED. This scared players at first, and scared me the most since I love playing alone. With the new Hierarchy System, even if you are hollowed, you still have a very, very low chance of invasion. While we are on the topic on Hollowfication, being hollowed brings something new to the table. Instead of being Hollow after death the first time, you gradually turn hollow with every passing death. What makes this even more cool, in my eyes, is that it lowers your HP with every death, and makes your character gradually look like a wrinkly zombified old man. I feel like this gives a more emotional feel to it, and gives you an even more real feeling to the already real gameplay.

This game comes out for PS3 and Xbox One on March 11th, or you PC buffs can get it April 25th. Get ready for some controller breaking, because this journey is a tough one.

Kidnap Victim Turns Congresswoman?
    [img]https://www.globalpos*****m/sites/default/files/imagecache/gp3_small_article/photos/2014-March/colombia_clara_rojas_2014_03_06.jpg[/img]
    Around 2002 a Colombian Lawyer named Clara Rojas was managing the Presidential Campaign of Ingrid Betancourt, shortly after they opened their campaign they were kidnapped by Marxist rebels and held in torturous prison camps located in the Colombian Jungles.

Once they were freed Ingrid Betancourt almost immediately packed ship for Europe as she was a French-Colombian citizen, while Rojas who had a far worse time in captivity, after birthing a child is now running for the Colombian Congress in Sunday's election.

In an interview, the 50-year-old Rojas said running for office is another way to move forward and leave behind the painful past.

“When people meet me, they think they’re meeting a victim,” Rojas said. “But I’m no longer a victim. If you always consider yourself a victim, you will never take responsibility for your life.”

The eagerness to continue through her Campaign shows the true human spirit and the effort one person can make to change a country.

Updates on Russia v Ukraine.
    [img]https://www.globalpos*****m/sites/default/files/imagecache/default/photos/2014-March/crimea_crisis_standoff_mar_4_2.jpg[/img]
    “Right now, Russian special forces from the 22nd Brigade are in Ukraine, and we should expect staged attacks on Russian soldiers and citizens.”

Andrei Illarionov a known libertarian think-tank in Washington, DC, has expressed to anyone that will listen that Russian President Vladimir Putin is intent on a full blown war on Ukraine and frankly, doesn't care how he gets there.

"In a telephone interview with GlobalPost this week, the 52-year-old Illarionov, who until 2005 was a key economic adviser to the Russian president, sounded the alarm about his former boss."

The international community is currently shaking its head disapprovingly and talking about sanctions, Illarionov states that the benefits of invading Ukraine far outweigh the risks for Putin.

“He will have done what nobody else could do: He brought Crimea back,” Illarionov said. “The Russian people will be grateful. Putin will be in power forever.”

As Putin slowly ages on(61) the world better prepare for 'Second Wind.'

Jason Barnes, the cyborg drummer.
    For most musicians, and drummers especially, losing a limb may seem like a death sentence to your career. Losing the entirety of his lower right arm to an electrical shock two years ago, drummer Jason Barnes has been on the edge of abandoning the drumset entirely. Excluding of course greats such as Rick Allen, not many single-handed percussionists have found success, though for today , a little hope has been renewed.

Created by Gil Weinberg, the founding director for the Georgia Tech Center for Music Technology, a new invention has now given Jason Barnes a second chance. Custom-tailored just for him, the brand new device attaches directly to his right bicep, forming an almost entirely mechanical arm. A further advancement allows him to now use not 2, but 3 separate drum sticks, adding yet another
    dimension to his drumming ability.
    The first stick is controlled by muscle movements in Jason’s upper arm, measured with electromyography muscle sensors, fully emulating the wrist movements a normally-abled drummer would produce. The second, optional stick, is controlled by the movements the first,and learns and improvises in part, adding a fantastic Jazz-esque aspect if wanted.
    Jason further noted that he “Bets a lot of metal drummers might be jealous of what I can do now," he said. "Speed is good. Faster is always better," referring to the fact that he is now able to drum faster than humanly possible.

MPGH News Team

• Writers

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bowlcut For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Flengo (03-10-2014),Genesis (03-10-2014),Jhem (03-10-2014),Pepsi Cola (03-10-2014),Ticherhaz (03-14-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Interviews aren't as interesting as before
    [Vouched] Filehost l VPN l Music l Streaming l Gaming l Education l Security l Torrent l Others [All Accounts Shop]

Make sure to use an OMM for all your trades for a safer trade

Need an OMM? Just want to talk? VM/PM

~vertice

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

I look like an emo bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by x00u View Post
    Your moms so fat her ESP Box is in another dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post

Lol, man, I see why i cant get staff, cause people still hate me for no reason like you, Always rude to me.
    [/CENTER]

Thanks
    Goodjob. Keep it up

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Late but decent. job.

Minion+ : February 2014 - January 2015
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive Minion : November 2014 - January 2015
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion : August 2014 - January 2015
    Need For Speed World Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Rust Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Call of Duty Minion : January 2013 - January 2015
    Editor : December 2012 - April 2013
    Donator : March 2014 - Current
    Member : October 2010 - Current

Previously known as "Isaakske".

With great power comes great electricity bill
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Good read, good job man
    I got abused by Arun and exposed him

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Should have took me to Disneyland with you

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Good job everybody

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordXYZ View Post
    Interviews aren't as interesting as before
    The reason it was not as good this week was because @Raple dropped it on us on saturday afternoon and Euph had no one to interview, so he chose me.

It seems like a lazy move for us, but you wanted your shit on time, and I made sure we delivered. You're fucking welcome.
    there's nothing left for you here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    We did good, thanks @Hero for filling in some spots. Sorry @Sur., I added it but I guess if it's missed then oh well.

This weeks news was way too stressful, we need to step up our game, news isn't even a hard job to handle.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anti For This Useful Post:

Sheep (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tao. View Post
    We did good, thanks @Hero for filling in some spots. Sorry @Sur. , I added it but I guess if it's missed then oh well.

This weeks news was way too stressful, we need to step up our game, news isn't even a hard job to handle.
    I don't see a post by sur here, but his postban was two weeks ago. So.... If that's what he was mentioning, then yeah. That's why it's not on this week's edition lol.
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I don't see a post by sur here, but his postban was two weeks ago. So.... If that's what he was mentioning, then yeah. That's why it's not on this week's edition lol.
    He told me last night and I was like, "Otay w/e."

Not a big deal though. He will be mentioned next postban.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    News is OK and a bit lacking in content, but could be better with more Tech NEWS. We want more gadget and gaming news please

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
    News is OK and a bit lacking in content, but could be better with more Tech NEWS. We want more gadget and gaming news please
    My gaming news is as big as it can be, it seems smaller because I formatted it with the smaller ones first. As for Tech News, @Aborted said he was gonna add more to it but he was probably busy. I am working on fixing these mistakes though, so we don't make the mistake of being late or forgetting to add more content. Aborted has shit in his life, like we all do, so sometimes things become more of a priority. He never makes this mistake, and I doubt he will again. Probably slipped his mind.

(My Gaming News was the biggest, what.)
    Last edited by Anti; 03-10-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
    Sorry about that, had some shit to do at work. At least we got another edition out.
    Think I'll add in an extra article next week to make up.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Riddick (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Tao. View Post
    We did good, thanks @Hero for filling in some spots. Sorry @Sur., I added it but I guess if it's missed then oh well.

Doesn't matter
    I can live without it.

Thanks anyway.

Good news again

[centre]

[/CENTER]

(formerly) isSUR, Sur.

Donator Since: 3-14-2014 (Thanks to Jov)
    CrossFire Editor Since: 6-1-2014

Raow25
    Wazzupboy
    MasterlOGl
    Wassabi?
    Do4Love
    Wassabi?
    Wassabi?
    Wassabi?
    -Correct
    CynicalBeast
    CynicalBeast