Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Post Extinction Guide! POC & Nightfall

Yello!

I know there must be a lot of Extinction guides out there on the web, but I decided to make one from my own prospective. I don't like playing Ghosts Online multiplayer that much. Just stick to playing extinction.
    Recently I had to leave 5+ Extinction public games in POC(Point of Contact) in a row because well, there are plenty of noobs playing this mode. And even though it's just a game, it gets a bit annoying when the team doesn't play well! I'm posting this guide here on this website because people who're used to using trainers in solo usually play the worst in Public lobbies without trainers

Here are a few tips for people who are just starting to play Extinction, or for players who have been playing since a while but keep wondering why other players leave the game in between or at lobbies

1. AT PUBLIC LOBBY waiting for everyone to get ready
    You will notice many ppl leave the lobby. Why? Well mostly because of your level. So don't mind if you see a lot of players leave the lobby if you're a low level (prob a beginner or prestige 1)
    Keep the same ammo as other players. DO NOT use shock ammo lol pls, its just hilarious. If your favourite ammo is explosive ammo and you have selected that in your loadout, but others have selected AP or inc ammo, then pls change over to the ammo which the whole team is using. You having a different ammo from others really won't help the team much. In solo i personally recommend the normal ammo, as you won't be wasting skill points to get the ammo to lvl-4. Instead, lvl-2 for standard ammo is good enough to fill your ammo to max.
    If everyone has selected armour, then you can either select feral instincts or random supplies. Any should do.
    If there are 3 ppl in the lobby, and nobody has 'Ready up' yet. Pls don't ready-up yourself. Most players like me are just waiting for a fourth player. And if 2/3 ppl ready up, the game starts and you probably wont see the third guy in game because he's left the lobby.

2: CHALLENGES
    The MOST important, in both POC and Nightfall, complete the Challenges! (You'll know the importance of challenges once you play a hardcore. The only skill points you earn in hardcore mode are when you complete challenges. In regular games, completing challenges can help you and your team upgrade their abilities. And also, there is a 'challenges completed' in leaderboards so most ppl take this a bit seriously)
    Most good players leave the game after someone messes up the First challenge of the game. Someone who starts shooting at aliens when the challenge clearly states that do only MELEE damage. Stand at extreme backside of the spawn point if the challenge states not to take any damage from the aliens before the hive is destroyed(Flare helps a lot at this moment. So don't hesitate to use it if you've found one near the spawn).
    If you're using the relic 'Pistols only', or you don't have enough money to buy a weapon for a challenge(ex: kill 25 aliens with assault rifles/smg/sniper/shotgun/lmg), pls DO NOT start killing the aliens until other players have completed the challenge. Just run around and bring all the aliens near the ppl who are completing the challenge and drop ammo for them. Also, if you're not sure whether the gun you're using is a SMG, Assault rifle,sniper, lmg or shotgun(Yes, I've played with such players many times), then pls confirm with your team mates.
    For challenge 'Kill the Leaper in 30secs': the best ability to use at this moment is 'Feral Instincts'. Even if it is at level 1. This helps everyone to easily locate the Leaper and kill it. It's a little hard(but not that much) to kill him solo. You need to put quite some shots into him with a pistol. As soon as you start shooting, he usually jumps up on top of a building or a cliff to run away, so make sure you keep an eye on him and call out your team mates so they're also aware of his location.
    Kill 10 aliens using traps: Again, pls, stop killing enemies unless you've finished the challenge. This could be a little tricky depending on the Hive number where this challenge comes up. Just activate some traps and start running around the trap.
    Kill 10 aliens using propane tanks: Use only ONE propane tank at a time to kill a few aliens(because most ppl like to use the tanks to destroy the main Hives). After the propane tank explodes, it acts like a fire trap. So if any alien is on top of the fire by the propane tank, they will soon within 2-3 seconds die(scouts) and yes, it will count as a kill by propane tank. (you can use a Flare as well)
    Kill 25 aliens using turrets: Don't start shooting and killing enemies unless you've finished this challenge. Run around. It's quite easy. Turrets you can use are basically your abilites + the stationary turrets around the map. Abilities being from your Loadout such as Sentry Gun, Vultures, Portable Minigun Turret & Grenade Turret.
    Kill the breeder in 90 secs: Probably the easiest of all, especially when you're playing in a public lobby. Sentry guns can sometimes be very effective, and sometimes not do anything at all. Especially if its only lvl-1, don't bother wasting 2k on placing the gun as it would hardly help. Rather, use the stationary turret for 750 on top right in front of the breeder. But hide as soon as he's about to shoot. Also, the lmg works great on the breeder, just keep shooting the weakpoint (his forehead with a shiny red-orangish light/gap)
    Destroy 10 breeder eggs: Again, very very easy. keep in cover and you'll hear someone scream in-game every time before the breeder launches the eggs saying 'destroy those eggs before they hatch'. Keep an eye on where they land and shoot them. No need to hurry this challenge as it could take up to 3-5mins or more.
    Keep shot accuracy 75%/50%: Let one guy shoot. Shoot only if you know it will hit. After that, only KNIFE the aliens. Usually this challenge comes up at the beginning of each extinction round. But 50% accuracy comes a little later in the game. The best thing to do then is use sentry guns and vultures. Also this is the best time to use the flare(if you've messed up the accuracy, or at 50% shot accuracy challenge).
    Don't reload you weapon for 60secs: PLS. DON'T start shooting. Use sentry guns or vultures etc, knife scouts, but don't reload.
    Spend 10k/20k before the hive is destroyed: quite straight forward, you just cant mess up this one.
    Kill 8 aliens by having each player cause damage before the hive is destroyed: The aliens are marked. Like really, MARKED. they're outlined white for the aliens you haven't caused any dmg to. After you've dmgd them, they won't be highlighted white.
    Kill 10 marked Aliens before any other alien: DON'T shoot any other alien. Just don't. Focus on the marked ones first. Pls! Usually when the aliens get close to you, you can't make out if they're marked or not.
    Kill a Scorpion with melee damage before the hive is destroyed: Again, very easy. Usually when you get close to a scorpion and start knifing, it won't jump around but will stay there.
    I have not mentioned a few other challenges because they're really just straight forward and most people don't mess them up.

2: TEAMWORK
    It's a team game guys, so play it like a team. Even though I don't mind when players leave you behind at the end of POC to get to the helicopter, only because it def must have been your mistake that you went to Last Stand during the escape. It's very easy to escape POC.
    Don't rush to revive others, even if they're shouting or writing in CAPS to revive them. There's a reason that player is down in that spot. Especially if you're the last one standing from your team, it's always better to just Run away so that all the aliens follow you and move away from the fallen team mates. Drop an armour(if you have in your loadout), run around, and then revive your team mates. Take your time. If you have a riot shield equipped, its better to sit with your back towards the aliens while you revive. Running around has always been a good tactic in Extinction lol
    Also, if your whole team is far away from the drill, the aliens wont go or spawn close to the drill. So your drill is safe. But still there are a few sneaky aliens who end up on the drill. Just kill them and come back. IMS on the drill would help a lot if your team decides to stay far from the drill.
    Searching boxes/garbage. Very important guys. If you're using only pistols, I recommend not searching any of them. As you'll only get money/flare/knife/grenades/ammo from them. The players with primary weapons can find muzzles, rapid fire, grips, sights etc from these boxes. So let them search. You really won't be running short of money in POC.
    KNIVES!... Kind of important. If someone in your team can hypno a rhino, its better to let them have it. It helps a lot during the POC escape, and also in Nightfall during the inner hives(or while the breeder takes a break at half hp during nightfall ending). Don't start converting aliens at the beginning of the game lol it's really nothing but a waste at that time. Use them during escapes, will help a lot. Tbh, Rhinos are pretty DUMB. Its probably pointless to hypno a rhino thinking that it'll help you out. Don't be in that misunderstanding. The main purpose to hypno a rhino is to have 1 less dumb rhino to worry about. During escape, you don't hypno a rhino so that he helps you kill other aliens. You hypno a rhino so that you have 1 less rhino to kill. Rhinos are slow, bang themselves on walls etc, hardly kill anything. Yes, dumb lol
    FLARES!... use them if you're the last one standing in your team and need to revive everyone else. Also keep in mind that flares have no effect on Rhinos. Most ppl prefer to use it after you've messed up the challenge which requires 50-75% accuracy. Depends on when it is required really, it's up to you.
    Using propane tanks to take down the initial main hive in POC!... Not really necessary, but help out if your team wants to do it. I've hardly seen anyone go to last stand during the initial main hive. Using propane tanks just speeds up the process of destroying the hive. Just throw the tanks ONE by one on the hive. I've noticed that throwing them one by one on the hive does more damage than placing all of them on the hive and shooting them. And yes, shooting the main hives does help as well. Grenade turrets do great dmg on the main hives in POC.

3. POC ESCAPE
    Before you go and press the button for nuke, make sure you place the sentries at the beginning of the cabin area. Not really important to place them at the beginning of the city area because you can always run and place it there when you reach. Sentries(lvl3+) not only helps you in taking down rhinos, but can also at times act as a meat shield for the rhinos where they'll be attacking the sentries while shoot them down. You make enough money during the escape to drop armour and feral instincts, so keep them coming. Please keep in mind that the longer you wait to escape, the more Rhinos will spawn. Like the longer you wait to get to the city from the cabin area, more Rhinos will spawn. The key to escaping is keep running to the next area, and not to wait in the previous area long enough to let more Rhinos spawn. If one person is using a riot shield against a rhino, then you better start shooting that rhino otherwise it'll be just a waste for him being the shield. You do get money for being the shield (using a shield and SITTING down in front of the Rhino to take up all the dmg. Keep an eye on the shield count)

You will encounter 3 rhinos randomly in the whole of POC. First, as soon as you enter the city area. There will be a rhino on top of the building where u call an attack helicopter from. Second, as soon as you finish the main hive in the city area and enter the path to the cabin area. Third, as soon as you enter the cabin area, on the ramp above the first hive. They will go away if you don't shoot them. But I recommend you kill these rhinos. Not only do you get the extra cash, but I blv they come back during the escape if you don't kill them at the beginning.

4. Killing the Breeder at the end of Nightfall
    Find a place with good cover where you can run to after shooting the breeder. I personally like the area where there's the vehicle at the corner. Shoot the breeder and hide before he starts shooting. You won't be making enough money here, so spend wisely. After the breeder goes to lazy-mode(sits down after being shot a lot. I know, really stupid lol), you have to shoot his stomach where its shinning bright red-orange. Its quite a big spot, you can't miss it. Shoot those venom-x. If you're pistols only, then help the team by killing the additional aliens which spawn in the area. Personally I don'y go with the pistol only relic in nightfall, just because its becomes a pain to take down the breeder with a pistol. As usual, the sentry gun can sometimes help take the breeder down, and sometimes do almost nothing to it. When the breeder is almost at half hp, he goes on top of a building. Don't even bother shooting at it at this moment. Focus on other aliens spawning, especially rhinos. As soon as the breeder is back, start shooting him like crazy again. While hes heeling using the shield around him(well its not actually a shield), you can still shoot its weak spot.

Another tip which I can give you guys is How to drop money in Extinction. If you see the other player has upgraded and is deploying ammo/armour n stuff and has run out of money, its always better to give him some money as he can keep the ammo/armour supply coming. Also, if you have max money(6k, or 3k if you're using the relic), you can always drop money to help others out. It not always necessary to drop ammo/armour 3 times before taking the hive bonus. Just check how much money your other team mates have (by pressing ESC key) and drop some money if they can take some. You drop 1k at a time.
    Press Right Mouse button+Space bar at the same time for about 3-5secs to drop 1k (Right mouse button=Aim. Left button in case you've configured the mouse for Left hand use). A popup will come at the top saying that you've deployed money.
    This doesn't only work with primary weapon. I've read so many ppl in guides saying that it works only with the primary weapon. NO. It works with secondary(only if you have one pistol) and also your 3rd additional weapon such as a SOFLAM. So if you're using a pistol only relic with dual pistols, you can always select a SOFLAM(if you have one) and deploy money that way.

Phew!

My first guide for any game. I hope this helps you out one way or the other and improves your extinction gameplay in public lobbies.
    Have fun
    Last edited by footloose_13; 04-12-2014 at 03:03 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to footloose_13 For This Useful Post:

Lovroman (04-12-2014),olokos (08-04-2014),SammyDoge1 (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    That's a lot of text.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyDoge1 View Post
    That's a lot of text.
    Lol yeh. I was a bit annoyed with the extinction public matchmaking, so I decided to write this hoping some ppl will read it and learn a few basics
    WiCKED