Thread: S5 Battery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

S5 Battery

Hey anyone have the new S5 with stock OS running? If so, how's your battery life? Mine's complete shit right now and I'm not even using it very heavily.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    You can teach any phone to have a good battery life by letting its battery run out.

Just let your phone battery die then charge it. Keep doing that for more than a week and you should see results.

As for a specific answer, @Doc should know.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    You can teach any phone to have a good battery life by letting its battery run out.

Just let your phone battery die then charge it. Keep doing that for more than a week and you should see results.

As for a specific answer, @Doc should know.
    The mighty Doc knows all.
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Had mine for about 4 days now, fully charged it twice. A full day of use will see it drop to around 30-40%, with constant downloading, gaming, streaming. Today I used it normally (checking it every half hour or so, played a game for half an hour, browsed reddit) and it is sitting at 76%. You might have a dud unit. I have the 4G/LTE version though.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Google is your friend...
    Anything can PM me. I'm from Malaysia.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I always though that dropping battery to zero more than the first time reduces battery life time.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

I love myself
    나도 너를 사랑해

Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Off some useless stuff like Bluetooth to reduce battery life time.

Thanks
    Got mine at 1:30pm today, Quick charged it to 100% and it was off the charger by 3pm.
    It's now 12:39am and it's at 68% with just general internet browsing, 4g usage and camera usage. Seems okay to me.

Will see how it goes over the coming days on a full charge.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post
    I always though that dropping battery to zero more than the first time reduces battery life time.
    It's actually recommended that u let it run down to zero once per month and then do a full charge up to 100%, this way the battery life will last longer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Leossez View Post
    It's actually recommended that u let it run down to zero once per month and then do a full charge up to 100%, this way the battery life will last longer.
    Will do. Thanks for the tip.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Had mine for about 4 days now, fully charged it twice. A full day of use will see it drop to around 30-40%, with constant downloading, gaming, streaming. Today I used it normally (checking it every half hour or so, played a game for half an hour, browsed reddit) and it is sitting at 76%. You might have a dud unit. I have the 4G/LTE version though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    Got mine at 1:30pm today, Quick charged it to 100% and it was off the charger by 3pm.
    It's now 12:39am and it's at 68% with just general internet browsing, 4g usage and camera usage. Seems okay to me.

Will see how it goes over the coming days on a full charge.
    I usually do a full charge every other day, depending if I use the phone that much. Normally, I have my WiFi and LTE on but I'm mostly using WiFi. The phone barely lasts a full 24 hours on a full charge with just simple web browsing. Ultra Power Saving mode actually kills my battery faster than just the normal OS running. And today, when I tested the phone, I was just browsing Wikipedia for about 25 minutes and I dropped about 10% on WiFi with the brightness to near minimum.

I contacted Samsung a few days ago and they said this is apparently normal; however after reading your comments, I am starting to doubt that. What can I do to claim a warranty or can I just bring it back to my carrier for an exchange (with T-mobile in the US).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by | ∞ | View Post

I usually do a full charge every other day, depending if I use the phone that much. Normally, I have my WiFi and LTE on but I'm mostly using WiFi. The phone barely lasts a full 24 hours on a full charge with just simple web browsing. Ultra Power Saving mode actually kills my battery faster than just the normal OS running. And today, when I tested the phone, I was just browsing Wikipedia for about 25 minutes and I dropped about 10% on WiFi with the brightness to near minimum.

I contacted Samsung a few days ago and they said this is apparently normal; however after reading your comments, I am starting to doubt that. What can I do to claim a warranty or can I just bring it back to my carrier for an exchange (with T-mobile in the US).
    You would probably have more luck going back to your carrier, you'd have more consumer power by doing so, because you are a direct customer with T-Mobile not Samsung. Not to mention T-Mobile has a vested interest in its customer satisfaction rates considering it's latest business strat.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

| ∞ | (04-17-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

You would probably have more luck going back to your carrier, you'd have more consumer power by doing so, because you are a direct customer with T-Mobile not Samsung. Not to mention T-Mobile has a vested interest in its customer satisfaction rates considering it's latest business strat.
    Okay. Thanks for your suggestion. I'll head out to a T-mobile store sometime this week and hopefully get it exchanged. Any particular advice when talking to them about this or should I just state the issue and see what they do from there?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post

Will do. Thanks for the tip.
    Turn off all of the useless shit like Air gesture, etc. I use an S4 so I assume they're similar. Also about letting the battery run down to 0, I heard it was a good thing but usually by nighttime my S4 has around 30-40% left and if I don't charge it then it'd run out of battery the next day. So I never let my battery run down to 0.

Thanks
    Battery is fine on my device. Had the phone off charge since 11am and I took this picture at 2am last night.

Could have lasted another whole day if it wanted to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast