Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Smile Noobs, Choobs & Newbies. Should Know The Difference. The Defintions

Virus

1: A software program capable of reproducing itself and usually capable of causing great harm to files or other programs on the same computer.

2:A computer virus is a piece of code that is secretly introduced into a system in order to corrupt it or destroy data. Often viruses are hidden in other programs or documents and when opened, the virus is let loose.

3:the viruses can damage system's settings and memory, so it is possible for virus to generate run time error messages as well. If your computer is already running a virus protection program make sure it has latest updated patch or .dat file.

Trojans

1:A computer program is either hidden inside another program or that masquerades as something it is not in order to trick potential users into running it. For example a program that appears to be a game or image file but in reality performs some other function.

2:An apparently useful and innocent program containing additional hidden code which allows the unauthorized collection, exploitation, falsification, or destruction of data.

Worms

1:A computer worm is a self-replicating computer program. It uses a network to send copies of itself to other nodes (computers on the network) and it may do so without any user intervention. Unlike a virus, it does not need to attach itself to an existing program. Worms almost always cause at least some harm to the network, if only by consuming bandwidth, whereas viruses almost always corrupt or devour files on a targeted computer.

2: Many worms that have been created are only designed to spread, and don't attempt to alter the systems they pass through. However, as the Morris worm and Mydoom showed, the network traffic and other unintended effects can often cause major disruption. A "payload" is code designed to do more than spread the worm - it might delete files on a host system (e.g., the ExploreZip worm), encrypt files in a cryptoviral extortion attack, or send documents via e-mail. A very common payload for worms is to install a backdoor in the infected computer to allow the creation of a "zombie" computer under control of the worm author - Sobig and Mydoom are examples which created zombies. Networks of such machines are often referred to as botnets and are very commonly used by spam senders for sending junk email or to cloak their website's address. Spammers are therefore thought to be a source of funding for the creation of such worms, and the worm writers have been caught selling lists of IP addresses of infected machines. Others try to blackmail companies with threatened DoS attacks.

Backdoors can be exploited by other malware, including worms. Examples include Doomjuice, which spreads better using the backdoor opened by Mydoom, and at least one instance of malware taking advantage of the rootkit and backdoor installed by the Sony/BMG DRM software utilized by millions of music CDs prior to late 2005.

Keyloggers

1: Malicious code installed on a zombie machine that can track keystrokes of the user for purposes of harvesting usernames, passwords, identity data

2: Type of spyware program that records the user's keystrokes invisibly and either transmits them to the attacker on an ongoing basis or saves them to a secret file in the user's computer to be sent at a later time.

3: Tracking Software or other technology that records keyboard and/or mouse activity. Keyloggers typically either store the recorded keystrokes for later retrieval or they transmit them to the remote process or person employing the keylogger. While there are some legitimate uses of keyloggers, they are often used maliciously by attackers to surreptitiously track behavior to perform unwanted or unauthorized actions included but not limited to identity theft.

Backdoor Program

1: (also called a trapdoor) a Remote Control Software which allows a third-party (the attacker) to gain access and control of a victim’s computer.

2: A program that provides attackers with remote access to infected computers. Bots are a sub-category of backdoor Trojans, which often use Internet Relay Chat (IRC) or peer-to-peer (P2P) protocols as their main method of communication (aka Backdoor Trojan).

Downloader

1: A program designed to retrieve and install additional files. Downloaders can be useful tools for consumers to automate upgrades of essential software such as operating system upgrades, browsers, anti-virus applications, anti-spyware tools, games and other useful or enjoyable applications of all kinds. Automated upgrades are useful for closing off security vulnerabilities in a timely way. Unauthorized downloaders are used by third parties to download potentially unwanted software without user notification or consent.

Hijacker

1: System Modification Software deployed without adequate notice, consent, or control to the user. Hijackers often unexpectedly alter browser settings, redirect Web searches and/or network requests to unintended sites, or replace Web content. Hijackers may also frustrate users’ attempts to undo these changes, by restoring hijacked settings upon each system start.

Rootkit

1: A program that fraudulently gains or maintains administrator level access that may also execute in a manner that prevents detection. Once a program has gained access, it can be used to monitor traffic and keystrokes; create a backdoor into the system; alter log files; attack other machines on the network; and alter existing system tools to circumvent detection. Rootkit commands replace original system command to run malicious commands chosen by the attacker and to hide the presence of the Rootkit on the system by modifying the results returned by suppressing all evidence of the presence of the Rootkit. Rootkits are an extreme form of System Modification Software.

Zombie

1: A system that has been taken over using Remote Control Software. Zombies are often used to send spam or to attack remote servers with an overwhelming amount of traffic (a Distributed Denial of Service Attack). A collection of many zombies comprise a Botnet.

Make Sure You Have A Good Anti-Virus/Spyware Program Installed On Your Computer Before You Use The Internet, If You Are A New Computer Owner Make Sure To Download One Off The Internet If Your Pc Didn't Come With One Pre-Installed. Set it to update automatically. Don't ever use the internet without having a good Anti-Virus or you could fall victim to the well known treats on the net...
    Last edited by Resaun; 09-20-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Missing Text

Thanks
    Nice copy and paste.
    +oya nobody cares.

Thanks
    I prefer to get my definitions from somebody who doesn't spell Definitions 'defintions'.
    Copypasta.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    This wasn't a copy and paste it took me awhile to research all of these, like 2 hours... man thats a long time... then to write all this shit was time consuming... It ain't my fault i missed out the i in Definitions... Stupid spell check was off...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Resaun View Post
    This wasn't a copy and paste it took me awhile to research all of these, like 2 hours... man thats a long time... then to write all this shit was time consuming... It ain't my fault i missed out the i in Definitions... Stupid spell check was off...
    Sadly I don't believe you.

Edit: Googled part of it.. Got this.
    Word for word stuff.
    https://www.antispywarecoalition.org/...s/glossary.htm

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    wrong section

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Yeah I Know, word for word... But i Typed it all out... No Copy and Paste.... As i said i researched the whole thing...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Resaun View Post
    Yeah I Know, word for word... But i Typed it all out... No Copy and Paste.... As i said i researched the whole thing...

Just wow.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Just stating some well known facts. Their are some people who aren't as smart as the average Joe, and ignorant enough to do some of the obvious stuff, then complain when they download hacks... They be like.... Omg i got a fucking virus from this hack and it crashed my computer... lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    those ppl wont read this...its in the wrong sxn

and even if they did u kno theyd DL it newayz!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Explain this one to me...I had a "Virus" that could spread to anything (azn anywebsites or stuff like that not threw CA though). Can u tell me wat the fuck it was?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Seemliss View Post
    I prefer to get my definitions from somebody who doesn't spell Definitions 'defintions'.
    Copypasta.
    Yo Dude thanks for correcting my error on Definitions, Now let me correct you... It's Copy & Paste/Copy n Paste, not Copypasta... Shit had me all hungry wanted to get some Pasta...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    no its copypasta you idiot...

its an actual phrase

please go away, srsly

Thanks
    New guy doesn't get internetz terms.

Thanks
    Newfag should die.
    [IMG]https://i283.photobucke*****m/albums/kk306/Leonscookies/WHORES2.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i767.photobucke*****m/albums/xx318/Fabzi3/lulznavi.png[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast