Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

DTXConvert C# Source?

So I just posted a DTX Plugin & small converter tool for CA.. Plugin is 'official' and I wrote the converter app this morning. It's in C# but i'm seriously considering post the source if you guys (you know which 4 guys you are ) are interested to see how a tiny windows app is made in C#... I'm usually pretty anti-open source but in this case I wouldn't mind that much since it's so stupefyingly basic(it really is) if it helps you guys learning C#dows development etc.

Edit: See Attachment. (Built in VS2008 C# .NET 3.5SP1)
    Note: this is NOT the actual plugin, but only the tiny tool that swaps some bytes in the files. It's mainly to show how little is needed for a windows app in C#.
    Last edited by B1ackAnge1; 09-21-2009 at 05:32 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to B1ackAnge1 For This Useful Post:

Crazytoning (03-22-2010),iMaxxx (08-08-2012),omfg im ur mom (03-23-2013),Panzerelize (02-21-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by B1ackAnge1 View Post
    So I just posted a DTX Plugin & small converter tool for CA.. Plugin is 'official' and I wrote the converter app this morning. It's in C# but i'm seriously considering post the source if you guys (you know which 4 guys you are ) are interested to see how a tiny windows app is made in C#... I'm usually pretty anti-open source but in this case I wouldn't mind that much since it's so stupefyingly basic(it really is) if it helps you guys learning C#dows development etc.
    Sure that sounds interesting =D. So what does the plugin plug into? And so do you like to primarily use C# when creating windows apps and gui's? When do you normally use C++/C? What other languages do you happen to know?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I Know C/C++/C#, and then rusty on some other stuff like Assembly/Java/JavaScript/Php/VBScript/VBetc etc because I don't use it daily. Played with F# but that's just not my thing...

For windows apps I do prefer C# since it's just faster & easier to make something really quickly. I used to use C++ for that up until .NET came out. Still use C++ for some low level stuff such as data structure manipulation or talking to hardware.

The Plugin is a photoshop plugin I got from 'official' sources (written in C++ but not by me and I dont have the code). The DTXConvert app for which I can give you the C# code basically swaps the bytes that Nexon had swapped back to how they originally were in the LithTech tools so that they can read them. Then when you run it again it swaps'm back.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by B1ackAnge1 View Post
    I Know C/C++/C#, and then rusty on some other stuff like Assembly/Java/JavaScript/Php/VBScript/VBetc etc because I don't use it daily. Played with F# but that's just not my thing...

For windows apps I do prefer C# since it's just faster & easier to make something really quickly. I used to use C++ for that up until .NET came out. Still use C++ for some low level stuff such as data structure manipulation or talking to hardware.

The Plugin is a photoshop plugin I got from 'official' sources (written in C++ but not by me and I dont have the code). The DTXConvert app for which I can give you the C# code basically swaps the bytes that Nexon had swapped back to how they originally were in the LithTech tools so that they can read them. Then when you run it again it swaps'm back.
    Hmm, ok i see =D

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Oh wow. Please do, or if you want to you can send via PM. I really want to know how plugins work and what pro code looks like. And I might be able to understand it anyway since C# is rather similar to Java. :P

You've been doing so much for us as of lately, I really appreciate it BA.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

7. The Following User Says Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (09-22-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    It's not the plugin code (since that one came from Lith), but the tool that converts between Nexon & LithTechs DTX Format so that the plugin can read/write it. it's REALLY small & simple (& not very pro haha)

If you want to learn about plugins I've got 2 words for you:
    a) Interfaces
    b) Reflection

PM with C# Sample sent unless there's more interest for C++ version and I can write something up
    Last edited by B1ackAnge1; 09-21-2009 at 05:42 PM.