Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    As a Muslim, I would recommend you just worship the creator of heavens and earth.

Don't stick to religion, that would just get's you into endless wars.

There is a heaven waiting for us.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    I've wondered this too, I don't buy the scientific explanations. But at the end of the day, the same thing can be said about God. What really is God? Is God the human definition of some supernatural being that watches over us pointlessly? How did God come about nothing? Maybe God isn't God in the literal sense, but a famous scientist once said about God is in nature, I can't recall who or the quote. It's hard to explain without sounding like a theist, but everything in physics ties together so beautiful.
    Which is why I just don't worry myself with anything related to origin/purpose.

I just live my life to the fullest and be a good man to everyone around me.

Before the gods, there were the Titans.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    Ahahahahhahahahaha, you go on believing that.

Hoho, brings a tear to my eye.
    So you've fallen for George Bush's bullshit too?

Thanks
    I believe in god. i dont believe in heaven nor hell doe

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanDrive View Post
    So you've fallen for George Bush's bullshit too?
    I don't think you've quite grasped the concept of this whole thing so lets just leave this conversation and never mention it again.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Maybe God isn't God in the literal sense, but a famous scientist once said about God is in nature,
    This would fall nicely in line with Paganism, specifically Pantheism.
    Last edited by Aborted; 05-28-2014 at 03:00 PM.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Ok,god didn't caused the big bang because 3 reasons
    1.a quantum fluctuation did.
    2.there was no time before the big bang.
    3.because humans hadn't created him yet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    @Dave's Sheep is god.
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I believe that there was never nothing.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Do you need all the answers? Do you need to understand how it happened?

Look at Pascal's Wager, there are no downsides to believing, and if it turns out that God or other forces are not real, all you've lost is a life without religion. Honestly, look at it any way you want. I used to be atheist and was a contrarian fedora-tier supreme gentleman as a lad, but I got gud.

Should I spend my entire living existence searching for Kryptonite on the off-chance that Superman exists and wants to kill me?

Pascal's wager is a commonly used point when dealing with religious debate, but there's something most people fail to grasp, which is: What biblically constitutes 'belief'? By what the bible states, the mere fact of analyzing and making a decision to follow God or not shows false belief, which would send you to hell regardless. If one truly believed in what they followed, they would have no use for weighing the theoretical consequences.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

Should I spend my entire living existence searching for Kryptonite on the off-chance that Superman exists and wants to kill me?

Pascal's wager is a commonly used point when dealing with religious debate, but there's something most people fail to grasp, which is: What biblically constitutes 'belief'? By what the bible states, the mere fact of analyzing and making a decision to follow God or not shows false belief, which would send you to hell regardless. If one truly believed in what they followed, they would have no use for weighing the theoretical consequences.
    Depends on your denomination and beliefs; while there might be punishment from making an analytical decision to follow God, what if there's less of a punishment in Hell for analytical belief while following the Bible than a greater punishment for a life of sin?

What if it means you go to purgatory instead of hell? While this is a Wikipedia quote, under the Islam section for the purgatory article states that "In Islam also, Muslims believe hell is a temporary place of punishment for some, eternal for others. Sinning believers who end up in Hell will stay temporarily but eventually will be removed and admitted into Paradise, and those who reject God will remain in Hell eternally."

I wouldn't think belief through analyzation would be absolute rejection of God, so at any rate Pascal's Wager more than likely suits OP's Islamic needs. I'll agree that you can't go through the motions to fit biblical belief, though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Do you need all the answers? Do you need to understand how it happened?
    Look at Pascal's Wager, there are no downsides to believing, and if it turns out that God or other forces are not real, all you've lost is a life without religion. Honestly, look at it any way you want. I used to be atheist and was a contrarian fedora-tier supreme gentleman as a lad, but I got gud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    I'm gonna answer in a general order here since I suck at quoting:
    No, I do not believe islam is bombing people and whatever, I know that the islam forbids such acts, but still, you cannot ask me to believe that Mohammed flew a few thousands kilometers in one night using a thunderhorse or whatever it was, nor can I ever have peace in my heart knowing that Mohammed supposedly split the moon with his sword.

As for the big bang theory; yes, I do somehow see truth in this phenomenon, but then again, what created the big bang? And what created the thing that created the big bang? And what created that? There has to be some kind of explanation.
    It bothers me to know that all of us, no matter how far our intellegence goes, might actually never find out.
    Just living a life knowing there is a god and worshipping him and not following the rest of the religion's rules would eventually end up you going to hell anyway, there is no point in that.

Pascal made a good point, but I can't live with that either. That is somehow the life of a man who doesn't care about anything too much, a man who doesn't have anything stuck in his heart. Marcus Aurelius; I like his point of view, but if we look at the religions now, we would end up in a place made up by human fear anyway unless we'd all become buddhists.

Now thats what I mean @Paladin what if there is actually a god, then wouldn't this all be planned since the beginning? Wouldn't it be his fault for us not believing him? If we believe that a god does not exist due to him not showing any signs except for flying thunderhorses and splitted moons, are we really to be blamed? lol @bernard If there was never nothing, then where did that something come from? It must come from somewhere.

hell, perhaps we're all an experiment of a so-far evolved alien specie out there who have found eternal life and are now observing us.
    I'd believe that way more than any religion made so far.
    Last edited by Snake; 05-29-2014 at 03:05 AM.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I'm gonna answer in a general order here since I suck at quoting:
    No, I do not believe islam is bombing people and whatever, I know that the islam forbids such acts, but still, you cannot ask me to believe that Mohammed flew a few thousands kilometers in one night using a thunderhorse or whatever it was, nor can I ever have peace in my heart knowing that Mohammed supposedly split the moon with his sword.

As for the big bang theory; yes, I do somehow see truth in this phenomenon, but then again, what created the big bang? And what created the thing that created the big bang? And what created that? There has to be some kind of explanation.
    It bothers me to know that all of us, no matter how far our intellegence goes, might actually never find out.
    Just living a life knowing there is a god and worshipping him and not following the rest of the religion's rules would eventually end up you going to hell anyway, there is no point in that.

Pascal made a good point, but I can't live with that either. That is somehow the life of a man who doesn't care about anything too much, a man who doesn't have anything stuck in his heart. Marcus Aurelius; I like his point of view, but if we look at the religions now, we would end up in a place made up by human fear anyway unless we'd all become buddhists.

Now thats what I mean @Paladin what if there is actually a god, then wouldn't this all be planned since the beginning? Wouldn't it be his fault for us not believing him? If we believe that a god does not exist due to him not showing any signs except for flying thunderhorses and splitted moons, are we really to be blamed? lol @bernard If there was never nothing, then where did that something come from? It must come from somewhere.

hell, perhaps we're all an experiment of a so-far evolved alien specie out there who have found eternal life and are now observing us.
    I'd believe that way more than any religion made so far.
    you know that if you out from Islam , you have to be killed.?
    Are you mualaf? If so, you need to find ulama' to guide you..
    Anything can PM me. I'm from Malaysia.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuhrain View Post

you know that if you out from Islam , you have to be killed.?
    Are you mualaf? If so, you need to find ulama' to guide you..
    Yeah, I know that, thats why I post it here, and not on facebook or something, people here are mature enough to not go and spill my identity.
    And Mualaf? Explain me please
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast