Thanks

Crossfire remake but better?

Hi!

My name is Valentin Bordeianu.
    I want a minute of your time to discuss a possibility of a new crossfire. It may not be a great idea posting it on a hacking forum but i know that here is a lot of legit players, I used this forum years ago and I can guarantee you that. Now you can actually do something instead of raging, you can help us create this remake!

My goal is to make a crossfire like game but harder for hackers to hack. Of course there is always a way around but I got all cover in this kickstarter project: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/c...x/8018198#home

You can read in more detail over that page. I hope i dont receive much hate for this thread and I can assure you that this is real. I would like an opportunity to create a game that suits all of you, and trust me I have been playing it a lot, I know what you guys want! Give me this opportunity to hold in my hands a master piece and try to make it better, not in terms of gameplay, but in terms of fair play, no hackers and a fun experience!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ok, I have 3 questions:

- Is it really possible to make a game (especially a 'vast' one like CrossFire) with 800 bucks?
    - Will you be using Unreal Engine 3?
    - Won't copyright be a problem? (you can always change the name, tho).

ps. sorry if it looks like I'm hating, I'm just curious.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesRo For This Useful Post:

MiFeliz (06-24-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRo View Post
    Ok, I have 3 questions:

- Is it really possible to make a game (especially a 'vast' one like CrossFire) with 800 bucks?
    - Will you be using Unreal Engine 3?
    - Won't copyright be a problem? (you can always change the name, tho).

ps. sorry if it looks like I'm hating, I'm just curious.
    I am asking 800 so i can start making the essential of the game, of course guns will be added as the game progresses but i did like to start as simple as possible and i was not quite sure how the community would respond to bigger numbers. Also if you look into crossfire it is not as big as it seems to be. It relies in some gamemodes and level progression which is as basic as it sounds. Though it has a charm that once you grab it you never let go.

The engine for now will remain a mystery I have my ideas and my thoughts but i don't think i will be going with unreal engine 3. For one simple reason which is that i don't own the commercial version for it. its not like the game will be paid but it will contain paid products inside it, things like ZP for instance. And i have personally never been a fan of UDK.

In this project we will design our maps and make them with a crossfire"rish" style, we will not be using any files or content from the game it self. I don't think I have to ask permissions to make a common FPS which resembles to their game. Of course we cannot call it "CrossFire 2" but does the name real matter?

I am glad to answer your question and for making you curious!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by [\/]illager View Post

I am asking 800 so i can start making the essential of the game, of course guns will be added as the game progresses but i did like to start as simple as possible and i was not quite sure how the community would respond to bigger numbers. Also if you look into crossfire it is not as big as it seems to be. It relies in some gamemodes and level progression which is as basic as it sounds. Though it has a charm that once you grab it you never let go.

The engine for now will remain a mystery I have my ideas and my thoughts but i don't think i will be going with unreal engine 3. For one simple reason which is that i don't own the commercial version for it. its not like the game will be paid but it will contain paid products inside it, things like ZP for instance. And i have personally never been a fan of UDK.

In this project we will design our maps and make them with a crossfire"rish" style, we will not be using any files or content from the game it self. I don't think I have to ask permissions to make a common FPS which resembles to their game. Of course we cannot call it "CrossFire 2" but does the name real matter?

I am glad to answer your question and for making you curious!
    Sounds reasonable to me! I'm broke (Brazil sucks ) so I unfortunately can't help you at the moment, but you do have my support. By the way, Tencent Games made a game pretty inspired by CF (the inspiration actually borders on copyright infringement) - Maybe you should take a look at it to see how a 'modernized' version of CF looks like:

Thanks
    There is absolutely no problem if you cant afford to donate i still appreciate your interest and effort to understand what i am trying to do a little bit better.
    Nice to see some one tried to make a crossfire inspired game, what happened to that game is it still there?
    If you want to support this idea you can share this project so we get enough raises to start making the game.

Some more information was added to the project's page, explaining a little bit better how the anti cheat would work and some extras.
    Last edited by [\/]illager; 06-24-2014 at 03:05 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    There is absolutely no problem if you cant afford to donate i still appreciate your interest and effort to understand what i am trying to do a little bit better.
    Nice to see some one tried to make a crossfire inspired game, what happened to that game is it still there?
    If you want to support this idea you can share this project so we get enough raises to start making the game.

Some more information was added to the project's page, explaining a little bit better how the anti cheat would work and some extras.
    The game is still open, there's even a latin american version:

https://www.assaultfirel*****m/

Thanks
    So you are asking for money to make a new crossfire a like game harder to hack in a game hacking forum?
    Sounds good

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    So you are asking for money to make a new crossfire a like game harder to hack in a game hacking forum?
    Sounds good
    I have stated my reason for that in the thread it self, this forum was a part of me a long time ago and i fell that a lot of the crossfire players here are not hacking, i have met a lot of good players on the forum and made a huge amount of friends. Unfortunately i eventually forgot about this forum and after 2 years here i am. I don't hope you to understand what i am trying to say.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold

The payment page is not working... it just says downloading .... So you coding with C++, i recommend you code some of the script with Python like what they do for battlefield! good luck kiddo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BBgunz View Post
    The payment page is not working... it just says downloading .... So you coding with C++, i recommend you code some of the script with Python like what they do for battlefield! good luck kiddo
    Though i am quite sure you are just trying to troll me somehow.
    Can you inform me with the type of payment you tried? I should see what is wrong.
    Last edited by [\/]illager; 06-24-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Though i am quite sure you are just trying to troll me somehow.
    Can you inform me with the type of payment you tried? I should see what is wrong.
    battlefield was a failure. That game was broken because of python. It's too easy to hack man.

Before you start this idea have you thought about helping crossfire? They are in a tight situation and need help. They may not say they do but look at it, crossfire is being destroyed. Send a ticket in explaining your idea of this game and your coding abilities. Then dont ask but tell them you can provide help and fix there hacking problem. Its easy all they need is email confirmation, system scan for hack,(scan for any file being injected into crossfire) and change X-Trap to a better protector. If Team Fortress can be hack free so can crossfire! Dont make a new crossfire man, save the old one we all so dearly love.

We always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Honestly, there are way too many FPS games. But I'd like to try it

Member - IX.MMX
    Donator - XII.MMXI
    Middleman - IV.MMXII
    League of Legends Minion - V.MMXIV
    Editor - VI.MMXIV
    Other MMORPGs Minion - X.MMXIV
    Call of Duty Minion - XII.MMXIV
    CrossFire Minion - II.MMXV
    Steam Games Minion - III.MMXV
    Minion+ - IV.MMXV
    Former Staff - XI.MMXV

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    there are way too many FPS games. Js

Thanks
    Should just stick to coding with unity. Less money involved, even close to none if you use some of the unity packs. Then advertise here on MPGH and some other places. +1
    Thank me later.