Thanks

Get Address with Process ID?

I am making a program that will change your name to invisible. It works if I manually find my Address for the name and rebuild, but that makes it pointless. The only problem is that it changes each time that the game is restarted, so I have to do this each time. I looked into the CE code and found that it is "iw5mp.exe"+058CB138. I thought that obviously that would mean the Process ID of it, so I spent some time with getting the process ID and then adding that to the decimal value of 058CB138 and turning it back into hex. This is not what CE shows that the value is. I am very baffled on what to do to get the final value. Here is the portion of the code that it is in:
    Code:
    Dim ProcessName As String = "iw5mp"
        Dim Processes() As System.Diagnostics.Process = System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessesByName(ProcessName)
        Dim MW3 As New Main
        Dim Name_Bytes As Byte() = {&H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F, &H7F}

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
            Try
                If Processes.Count = 0 Then
                    MsgBox("MW3 Not Found", MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation)
                    Return
                End If

Dim id = Processes(0).Id
                Debug.WriteLine(id)
                Dim NameData As Integer = id + 93106488
                Debug.WriteLine(NameData)

If Processes.Count > 0 Then
                    If MW3.Process_Handle("iw5mp") Then
                        MsgBox("Injected", MsgBoxStyle.Information)
                        MW3.WriteBytes(NameData, Name_Bytes)
                        Return
                    End If
                End If

Catch Ex As Exception
                MessageBox.Show(Ex.Message)
            End Try
        End Sub
    I am sorry if it is very obvious, I am just very new to hacking with VB. My only experience is number generators, games, and those types of things. Thank you.

As a little side note if anybody has any time, I was trying to compile the NR Bot from the NR Bot post a few posts back because I have seen it in action and it looks like a good bot, but am getting these errors:
    Code:
    1>  main.cpp
    1>main.cpp(233): error C2664: 'ID3DXFont::DrawTextW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char []' to 'LPCWSTR'
    1>          Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
    1>main.cpp(255): error C2664: 'ID3DXFont::DrawTextW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char *' to 'LPCWSTR'
    1>          Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
    1>main.cpp(258): error C2664: 'ID3DXFont::DrawTextW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char *' to 'LPCWSTR'
    1>main.cpp(260): error C2664: 'ID3DXFont::DrawTextW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char *' to 'LPCWSTR'
    1>main.cpp(490): error C2664: 'GetModuleHandleW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char [9]' to 'LPCWSTR'
    1>main.cpp(503): error C2664: 'ID3DXFont::DrawTextW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char [1024]' to 'LPCWSTR'
    1>main.cpp(777): error C2664: 'D3DXCreateFontW' : cannot convert parameter 11 from 'const char [12]' to 'LPCWSTR'
    1>main.cpp(778): error C2664: 'D3DXCreateFontW' : cannot convert parameter 11 from 'const char [12]' to 'LPCWSTR'
    1>main.cpp(1535): error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'const char [3]' to 'LPCWSTR'
    1>main.cpp(1537): error C2664: 'CreateWindowExW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const char [3]' to 'LPCWSTR'
    This is in Visual C++. The first issue is in VB. Again, thanks a lot.

EDIT: I fixed the second one, but it is in Japanese. The source code shows it in english...
    EDIT: Got it. It was in Unicode, not Multi-Byte
    Last edited by ab987; 01-19-2015 at 01:51 PM.

殺す必要がある唯一のものは殺されるために準備され人 々である。
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Code:
    < ProcessName > + < Value >
    This means the process's base address + whatever is stored in < Value >
    Since this is MW3, the process's base is always 0x400000

So your address translates into:
    Code:
    9CCB138

Threadstarter
    Thanks
    Thank you for the help. Had to do some custom Memory stuff. Please close this thread.

We always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Answered .

Member - IX.MMX
    Donator - XII.MMXI
    Middleman - IV.MMXII
    League of Legends Minion - V.MMXIV
    Editor - VI.MMXIV
    Other MMORPGs Minion - X.MMXIV