Poll: Which changes would you like to see implemented into the new MPGH if any?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Donator Changes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Donator Changes

If you've been on MPGH recently then you'll know that there has been a ton on "Message to *insert name/s here*" threads. These aren't necessarily the best use of time that I've seen on this website but they did spark up an interesting conversation. In one of these threads (this one) the concept of having an overhaul to the Donator status came up and it led to some interesting developments. A few people weren't happy about the color that your name is switched to should you have the Donator tag and others weren't happy about the tag itself. The debate continued and some interesting concepts and ideas came up, some of which I'll go through now.

Antipathy/Anesthetic came up with the idea to switch the main color of the tag to platinum, an idea that didn't go un-noticed. Anti suggested that we come up with a new tag along with this change and posted this as a concept:
    In my opinion I think that the new tag provided by Anti is a fantastic alternative to the current tag. Anti also suggested changing the color of the name to either #b0b0b0 or #afafaf which, to be fair, is rather difficult to read until you make the text bold which could be a perk of having the donator status, a bold name. If these changes were to be made then anyone with the donator tag would have a name something like this:

Another idea was brought up by myself and Sheep, the idea of having an extra rank beyond the regular Donator status, the VIP status. Of course the VIP status would be harder to obtain than the regular Donator tag and would require you to give more to MPGH than $25. This new tag would provide the members who truly care about MPGH the means to come forth and show their dedication to the website. This would come at the cost of a $75 donation ($50 if you already had the Donator tag). This new class of MPGH'ians would have access to a larger avatar (200x300) and would bear a special tag above their new fancy avatar to show their dedication to MPGH. If this were to implemented I would suggest the name color be changed to pure black although this change is one that I don't see happening.

Of course these changes wouldn't be implemented until MPGH has made the switch to the Xenforo architecture and everyone is comfortable with the new layout but at this time it's simply a thought. I'll leave a poll at the top of this thread so that members can vote on whether they'd be comfortable with these changes or whether they only want one of them or even none. If anyone has any other ideas then be sure to sure them with the rest of us, thank you.
    Last edited by Scotia; 07-01-2014 at 05:56 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scotia For This Useful Post:

-Lame (07-01-2014),AnusForce (07-01-2014),Batman (07-01-2014),EL Surenzo dA KK Caponeiyl (07-03-2014),koolguyy (07-01-2014),Raple (07-02-2014),Ticherhaz (07-02-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    The platinum color + changing the color name would be a great change since people got bored of the old one.

Thanks
    #support I love you <3

Thanks
    I like the current rank as it is right now. That platinum color, even when bold, is still difficult to read in my opinion. Although, I do like the new tag design. Perhaps that can be used for the people who donate more than the amount to get the gold rank.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by | ∞ | View Post
    I like the current rank as it is right now. That platinum color, even when bold, is still difficult to read in my opinion. Although, I do like the new tag design. Perhaps that can be used for the people who donate more than the amount to get the gold rank.
    I should point out that I edited that in with Photoshop and as such the letters became a bit blurry. If the color were to be changed on the website then it's be much more readable, I'll try and inspect element something for the name like I did with the tag.

UPDATE: It looks a little something like this when implemented through the actual HTML of any MPGH webpage:
    Last edited by Scotia; 07-01-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    VIP status is gay, I like the tag and name colour idea.
    Need a friend? Private Message
    Need a Middleman? Add me on Skype: HERE or Copy & Search >> 'aussie_sniperx'
    ---------------

Ex-sections:
    DayZ
    OFPS
    OMMORPG
    M.A.T
    OSPFPS
    Battleon

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim For This Useful Post:

Dylan (07-01-2014),n4n033 (07-02-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    I'd prefer donator was VIP but this is fine

[centre]

[/CENTER]

(formerly) isSUR, Sur.

Donator Since: 3-14-2014 (Thanks to Jov)
    CrossFire Editor Since: 6-1-2014

Raow25
    Wazzupboy
    MasterlOGl
    Wassabi?
    Do4Love
    Wassabi?
    Wassabi?
    Wassabi?
    -Correct
    CynicalBeast
    CynicalBeast
    Wazzupboy
    7Antix
    MasterlOGl
    TheMizer
    34rab
    Wazzupboy
    Triggergod
    Zackman49
    Himli
    Blondu21
    kennyltam
    shimngqi98 (or however you spell it)
    Poxer
    Uber_Tuna
    SoarHawk (Over 200$ dealt with)
    Umbreon (Maxedout)
    LikeH8
    Shoracko
    Hadh
    Steam
    160 Steam Trades
    23 Steam Vouches

Scammed
    None

Ask me for confirmation BEFORE dealing, my only alt is SURV2

Thanks
    Then vote for it, and randoms voting nope, state your reasoning and stop being ignorant retards. fucking up the poll

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Go for it guys, #WeNeedChange. #Support.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    The tag is good, but you got to take into account that this concept would not be implemented until we switched to Xenforo, if at all. You also got to take into account that MAAAAAYBE we won't even have these block tags anymore in the new forum. With all of these brought into the equation, are ntyou certain that this idea is needed?

I hate the color, but this idea will never work. Wait until we switch to Xenforo before you try this.
    there's nothing left for you here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Yea, nice job.. #Support
    Donations like thanks .)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Misery View Post
    The tag is good, but you got to take into account that this concept would not be implemented until we switched to Xenforo, if at all. You also got to take into account that MAAAAAYBE we won't even have these block tags anymore in the new forum. With all of these brought into the equation, are ntyou certain that this idea is needed?

I hate the color, but this idea will never work. Wait until we switch to Xenforo before you try this.
    It's not needed but it would be a welcome change that would make a fair number of members happy.

Also, I stated this in the thread: "Of course these changes wouldn't be implemented until MPGH has made the switch to the Xenforo architecture and everyone is comfortable with the new layout but at this time it's simply a thought.". I know that this wouldn't happen until we switch to Xenforo of it were to happen at all but as I said, it's just an idea.

Off-topic here, what dragged you back to General, was the brief taste that you got yesterday not enough Miseru-san?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    I like all of the new idea especially the new VIP thing because ive donated $250 on this account my main and I look the same as a $25 donator I also donated $50 on a separate account.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post

It's not needed but it would be a welcome change that would make a fair number of members happy.

Also, I stated this in the thread: "Of course these changes wouldn't be implemented until MPGH has made the switch to the Xenforo architecture and everyone is comfortable with the new layout but at this time it's simply a thought.". I know that this wouldn't happen until we switch to Xenforo of it were to happen at all but as I said, it's just an idea.

Off-topic here, what dragged you back to General, was the brief taste that you got yesterday not enough Miseru-san?
    I saw that you said you were gonna say something about this when you get unbanned, so I waited.
    there's nothing left for you here.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anti For This Useful Post:

Scotia (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    I like the idea of this support and change, but the VIP status, jumping up to $75, seems like alot. I'm not trying to undermine this forum, as i'm already a donator. $25 seemed sufficient for me lol.
    Always ask for confirmation before and after adding me, I am not responsible if you get scammed by my impersonators

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast