Thread: Paypal ?

Thanks

Question Paypal ?

Suppose i want to make a Paypal button for donations in my sig.

* I read that donators will receive an email with "thanks you for donating to <real name>". Is that true? I dont like that..
    * Do i need a special paypal account to make a Paypal button?

Thanks in advance
    Due to a recent DMCA takedown attempt we had to remove Faintmako brain. Please do not paid attention to what he say or do.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    1)No idea, but I think that you can set up your PayPal Donation button to recieve donations as an organization, so it shows it's name instead of your real name.
    2)If I'm not wrong, you'll need a Business account..

L̋̾̈́͑ͥͨͨ͞Ò̴ͫͪ͛͋̉͛Lͥ̔̓ ͨ͛ͬ ͩ̀͢
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    make a PP acc with last name: Newell, First name: Gabe
    cant have shit in detroit

4. The Following User Says Thank You to C453 For This Useful Post:

Goodfeet (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post
    Suppose i want to make a Paypal button for donations in my sig.

* I read that donators will receive an email with "thanks you for donating to <real name>". Is that true? I dont like that..
    * Do i need a special paypal account to make a Paypal button?

Thanks in advance

If i remenber well, you have to change your account to **name that i don't remenber**

Then you'll be able to receive donation, for free

Switching your paypal account to **name that i don't remenber** is free!

Your name will be hidden, in the process of changing your paypal account to **name that i don't remenber** you'll be prompted to choose an **organisation** name, the one will be used for everything related to that "donnate" thing

I'm tired sorry for shitty reply

Little edit:

I suggest you to add a donate link here

Then people will be able to donate you even if they don't go in mpgh, yep your tool traveled everywhere thanks to leechers
    Last edited by IziLife; 07-05-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Good luck with the donation thing. I realized it's a terrible way to generate some extra income. As popular as my client is, it doesn't change the fact that almost no one parts with their money vuluntarily no matter how much they enjoy your work. That and the fact that most people here have no means to donate (young).
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nilly For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (07-05-2014),JustAnoobROTMG (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    What Nilly said, maybe instead of creating a paypal account, you could create a program that would accept donations from players IN-GAME. Then sell those for profits. This would be more of a hassle, but going back to Nilly, most people can't/wouldn't donate anything, but a couple life from THOUSANDS who use your program could go a long way.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sammyman12345 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (07-05-2014),nilly (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyman12345 View Post
    What Nilly said, maybe instead of creating a paypal account, you could create a program that would accept donations from players IN-GAME. Then sell those for profits. This would be more of a hassle, but going back to Nilly, most people can't/wouldn't donate anything, but a couple life from THOUSANDS who use your program could go a long way.
    Ya, I've been thinking of better ways to reach those that don't have a means to donate money. And ya, excepting in-game items as a substitute is an idea I was thinking about. I'd just have to go through the hassle of selling off the items then...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    Good luck with the donation thing. I realized it's a terrible way to generate some extra income. As popular as my client is, it doesn't change the fact that almost no one parts with their money vuluntarily no matter how much they enjoy your work. That and the fact that most people here have no means to donate (young).
    I hope my donation helped a little then <3

As far as in-game items go, I forsee a few problems with that... The hassle of it will definitely be a major turn-off.
    Wolfdog Approved.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by bobiscoolbob View Post
    I hope my donation helped a little then <3

As far as in-game items go, I forsee a few problems with that... The hassle of it will definitely be a major turn-off.
    Well if I were to deal with in-game items I would create bots to do the collection for me and make it as hassle free as possible.
    Last edited by nilly; 07-05-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Well if I were to deal with in-game items I would create bots to do the collection for me and make it as hassle free as possible.
    The collection could of course be automated. The best bet with the actual selling of the goods (for the purpose of monetary gain) would be to find an extremely trustworthy seller/buyer with high/unlimited stocking needs to purchase directly from your donation.

Still, if it was I the private client + third party website would be the way I'd go. Obviously due to rule constraints on MPGH, you'd be unable to sell the client via the website, however, perhaps a semi-limited client with inbuilt advertising for your premium client would drive much traffic to it...?
    Wolfdog Approved.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bobiscoolbob For This Useful Post:

nilly (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Ya, I've been thinking of better ways to reach those that don't have a means to donate money. And ya, excepting in-game items as a substitute is an idea I was thinking about. I'd just have to go through the hassle of selling off the items then...
    Yea, but to be honest, if I were you, I'd be taking FULL advantage of this little money machine you have created here, regardless of the hassle

Thanks
    inb4 realm 13yo whiteknights report your bots because "they are nilly's bots" . Bots are already against TOS , realmeye is just tolerated and... come on. You are nilly the hacking genius. They will do whatever they can to stop you (doh ip ban) you'll probably have to rent a VPS for bots... and bye bye the income

Btw, when i see you have so few donations when your client is way better than "mines" ..... i feel i will have no money.
    Moreover, i dont know if its a good idea to sell items to the RWT sites i... dont support to be polite.

I heard you can have donations with a normal account until they reach an certain amount (which i suppose will never be reached ).

I think i'll give up. I dont have time for this.
    Anyway thanks for the answers .
    Due to a recent DMCA takedown attempt we had to remove Faintmako brain. Please do not paid attention to what he say or do.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post
    I think i'll give up. I dont have time for this.
    Anyway thanks for the answers .
    Nay, you deserve all, if ANY donations you get. I think many fail to appreciate what you have built. Sure @nilly 's client is much more comprehensible than yours, but there are still a few souls out there who love what you do, give it another go!