Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry

Angry Defiance Problems and ideas on trying to use cheat engine

Okay so first of all... I have two Defiance characters. And one is my character I use to play legitly. The other is one I use to cheat.
    Okay so I start it up. I click the blue computer. I click Defiance. Then I go into game and check my rp, and type it in the exact value with 4 bytes and scan. I teleport to "The Crater" And buy a grenade. I place the number that I have into the cheat engine value and press next scan.
    After that I found it and I thought "YES!".
    But, it turns out, when I set my number to 6 million, tried to buy 20 keycodes, it said "Not enough" Or you know, when you don't have enough, I forget. Anyway, then I tried buying ten. It said "0_STRING_MISSING" And that about made me mad. I relogged, redid the cheat engine thing, and then I restarted my pc once it did it again, restarted steam, went back to "Defiance" And did it again, and it just won't work.
    DO NOT SAY "It won't work because it's a multiplayer game" Or something because, I tried this on my character a few times and it worked.
    You see, it worked, so now it wont. So don't say it will never work, just comment the ideas or suggestions to fix this. The only thing I can possibly think of, was the update that happened after the times it worked, but, it worked twice after that and wouldn't work anymore.

Here's what I think it did after the update.
    1. First they probably caught me (IGNORE THIS, this might be not true and probably is)
    2. Once they updated it, they made it impossible to cheat the money (also probably not true)
    But, here's what I think it does and is why it worked twice afterwards.
    1. First off, when I changed the number, it was only affecting it like a picture, or at least the only thing useful about it.
    2. it's basing off of the money you had before you changed it, so it still see's it still as the number I had and only uses that money.
    3. Once it is used it will get confused of the number set, and only acts to "You don't have enough" if it was set to 0 knowing you used all your money, so it will say it sometimes on a few of the things you attempt to buy, and the others will come up with the error 0_STRING_MISSING
    The thing is, is that I got it from 0 - 200 which is still cheating the money but, it went from 0 + 50 from an item I sold then it goes to original price you had at the start once you earn money.
    I really need help. I am so stuck on this. Can someone please read this and give me a suggestion or a possible fix ,it would be helpful to me.

For me to figure more things to work, please, donate to my website - Afaa games (the google site one) - thanks!

Thanks
    .... Cheat Engine can only do so much, when you "hack" the money to 1mil or something its just visual because the money and most of the stuff in Defiance is server side.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ironmountain2001 For This Useful Post:

Arturiana (08-14-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    The first two times that worked might be cause of your original money. Maybe you already had enough money to buy that particular item(s). As you've just said, it might only changes it like an "image" and doesn't change the value. It's really hard to hack online games recently, but be patient. Someday, somebody might hack into it.