Introducing MPGH's AIGA. The latest advancement in artificial intelligence. Click here now to learn more!
    Thanks

Benefits of pbo hacks

After inspecting code inside game pbos I couldn't resist an urge to modify some of it and to see what happens. Took me some time to figure out ho to bypass various scans, but finally I can put into dayz sa pbos whatever I want and pass that to the game. I'm wondering if I'm using it to full potentiall right now.

So far it let me to write my own GUI from scratch for my cheat instead of repurposing an existing one, and of course load my own sqfs. It's also possible to remove buildings through eiditing pbos so they won't appear after joining server. Is there anything else that can be done? I've been trying to add some actions to objects and items through eiditng config.bin, but it seems that if exactly same code doesn't exist on server custom actions won't even show up. I wonder if it's just GUI in config.bin's that I can edit to have any effect at all.

Anyway, has anyone here ever tried to pack their hacks into pbos? I'd appreciate any info regarding that matter.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by d1spenser View Post
    After inspecting code inside game pbos I couldn't resist an urge to modify some of it and to see what happens. Took me some time to figure out ho to bypass various scans, but finally I can put into dayz sa pbos whatever I want and pass that to the game. I'm wondering if I'm using it to full potentiall right now.

So far it let me to write my own GUI from scratch for my cheat instead of repurposing an existing one, and of course load my own sqfs. It's also possible to remove buildings through eiditing pbos so they won't appear after joining server. Is there anything else that can be done? I've been trying to add some actions to objects and items through eiditng config.bin, but it seems that if exactly same code doesn't exist on server custom actions won't even show up. I wonder if it's just GUI in config.bin's that I can edit to have any effect at all.

Anyway, has anyone here ever tried to pack their hacks into pbos? I'd appreciate any info regarding that matter.
    So it is possible to change pbo“s to get the effect the buildings would not load ? Did i understand right ? Because i thought they patched it ? Becaus i get banned i think 1 month ago , when i changes the **military.structures.pbo** I was like 5 minutes in game and was global banned.... tHATS why i think ur post ist so interessting

Thanks
    I just tried to use the old method "remove pbo, launch game, re-add pbo" and it's kinda working but you are getting "session lost" every 40-50 seconds so its rather unplayable
    But modyfing pbos is more complicated i guess..