Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

JetaOs -- Looking for contributers from MPGH

Even though I don't think I'll get any applications from here, I thought I'd give you guys a chance to come aboard jetaos.

The project is still relatively small, and I'm not looking for a large staff primarily because I won't be able to manage a large staff.

All I'm looking for is people with programming experience in assembler(intel syntax) and C. If would be extremely helpful if you had experience with programming device drivers at least, or experience programming close to hardware. It would also be helpful if you understood how an OS manages it's memory, and other system resources, performs multi-threading, how virtual memory works, paging, etc.

Also, all development is being done on linux. Project members can use a different OS, but I won't be helping with any technical difficulties they come across.

Two programmers is all I'm really asking for.

The current state of the OS is:

• Bootsector completely written
    • Installs and initializes a GDT
    • Sets up a physical memory manager, locks all kernel memory regions(and other important regions) from being allocated
    • Sets up an IDT, installs corresponding ISRs, remaps interrupts thrown by the pic, and installs their IRQ handlers.
    • Programs pit, and sets up a kernel timing system
    • Sets up a virtual memory manager(page table, and page directory table, allows allocation and deallocation of pages, handles page faults, etc..)
    • Simple keyboard driver, video driver, PIC driver, and a PIT driver written.

At the moment I'm writing a virtual file system as well as an initrd, hopefully that'll be done within the next two days, then it will just be multi-threading, and then I plan to Sort out my own .dll format and my own executable file format, then setup something similar to window's SSDT. Then I'll go from there. I have like three upcoming presentations in school(which I suck at doing), so, idk.

Project:
    jetaos.googlecode.com
    SVN (Just setup the project site this night, need to go to bed >>. I'll setup SVN tomorrow):
    jetaos.googlecode.com/svn

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    What I have to contribute?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Im the waterboy.
    [IMG]https://i1202.photobucke*****m/albums/bb368/adnyana179a/HalaMadrid.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Can I redirect this to C++ section. I see alot of people in there lately. Why don't you just ask them. You know the people in general section don't know shit...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    Can I redirect this to C++ section. I see alot of people in there lately. Why don't you just ask them. You know the people in general section don't know shit...
    HEY! I do er... nvr mind I'm to lazy to argue about something that is true

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Jeremy, i can never understand posts like this; to a full extent. But they always sound so professional, I can't help but WANT to read them, they are the only intelligent post I see every once in a blue moon.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    dont make me lol jetamay.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Recruitment tut? hahahahahahaha I didn't think it was possible HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    Recruitment tut? hahahahahahaha I didn't think it was possible HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    AAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

at least this one got replies, lawl.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    How long did what you do so far take you? And how long have you been programming? I'm nowhere near your level so i'd be less than useless.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    I doubt I can help. All my programming experience is from HLL, but I'll sticky this for a while. Hopefully you'll find someone who can help.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    You could try B1ackAnge1, he has alot of knowledge and works with hardware almost daily i think ^^
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Thanks guys .

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I remember writing my own OS (& compiler) back in College - Fun project(s)
    (even had my own search engine before google hit it big that I scrapped, because "who would be interested in a search engine??" doh!)

I'd be interested, but I unfortunately already barely have the time to work
    on my own projects (& work takes up a good 50+hrs a week already)
    Hope you find some people to help you out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast