Beginner
    Concepts of Gamehacking

• Prerequisites
    • Introduction
    • DirectX
    • Memory Hacking
    • Trainer Making (Under Construction)

Prerequisites:
    It is absolutely VITAL that one have a very good understanding of the Basics of C++ before they even think about beginning gamehacking with C++. It is especially important to understand pointers. The whole concept of gamehacking relies heavily on the idea of pointers. Assuming one already has a basic understanding of C++ let's begin.

Introduction:
    If you thought this part would be any easier then learning the basics of C++ then you are grossly mistaken. It is now having a basic understanding of C++ that you will learn how to actually apply that knowledge to create hacks. By the end of completing and understanding these beginner concepts you should understand memory hacks and enough D3D to build on more advanced concepts etc. Of course the real limit of what you can do is only limited by your skill and proficiency. This Guide covers DirectX and MemoryHacking. I find OpenGL is mainly used in older games, so I will not be writing up anything on that. This Guide will grow and develop along with my own growth as a gamehacker as well as others. What this guide will not include or cover are AddressLoggers, StrideLoggers or Development of a UCE. These concepts require a mastery of DirectX and MemoryHacking which you should develop here. One thing you should realize is that certain games have hack-detctions software (PunkBusters, Hacksheild, etc.) So you might not be able to apply these concepts on popular games, without a bypass. Luckily there are many free games out there with virtually no hack protection that we can use to apply these concepts; I will list some of these games herein.

DirectX

DirectX is the SDK that most modern games use to create 3D shapes,objects,etc. Combat Arms, WarRock, and pretty much every new game uses DirectX. So if you want to hack a game programmed in DirectX it's probably a good idea to learn DirectX. In fact it would be nearly impossible to make hacks such as chams, crosshairs, wallhacks, etc. without some knowledge of DirectX. One think you should know is that DirectX uses the Windows API. Now it's not that important to learn the whole API. YOu should only need a small portion of it. All that being said: this section will lists some resources for learning DirectX.

The DirectX SDK August 2009
    DOWNLOAD THE SDK

DirectX Programming Books :

Beginning Game Programming, Second Edition
    This actually seems like a very good book. I had a chance to glance at one in the bookstore the other day. Basically it teaches you the little bit about the Windows API you need to know to be able to start programming in DirectX. I plan on buying it myself when I have a chance.

Learn DirectX Online:
    If you choose not to get a book then your going to have to piece together how much stuff you need to know about Win32 API to understand DirectX. These are some good links found just surfing around the net here and there:

DirectX Links:
    Toymaker's Game Programming I don't think it's the actual Toymaker, but if your not learning from a book, this website is about as good as your ever going to get. 5/5
    DirectX Tutorial Incomplete tutorial
    CodeSampler.com - The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Direct3D Incomplete tutorial
    ************* - Tutorial Database - find all you are need to know everything There's a little of everything here. DirectX too.

WinAPI Links:
    Windows_Programming This Wiki Book takes the cake, every good online starter to WinAPI Programming.
    theForger's Win32 API Tutorial A good tutorial.
    Create a Basic Window Has very good reviews.
    Windows API Tutorial There really are not that many good Win32 tutorials out there.

Tools for DirectX
    Jetamay's D3D Form Class For D3D9. Helps in manipulation of DirectX objects.
    Rarus' Texture Logger Posted by Matrix_NEO006

Memory Hacking

Memory Hacking is an important concept in gamehacking. It involves the use of a memory scanning tool, such as Cheat Engine (created by: Dark_Byte), Memory Hacking Software (created by: L.Spiro), or another program to scan the memory space of a program in search of certain values that may be of interest to us gamehackers. After running a scan the software will then proceed to give us a list of memory addresses that contain those values. Now the real trick here is learning how to use these popular Memory Hacking Softwares effectively.
    That means knowing what value your looking for, understanding how certain values are stored, and locating DMA(Dynamic Memory Allocation) values, or values that change addresses spaces as the program is started up each time or sometimes even round to round, depending what kind of game. It is crucial to figure how memory is allocated and how these softwares work in order to speed up a otherwise lengthy process.

L.Spiro's Memory Hacking Software
    DOWNLOAD MHS
    Dark_Byte's Cheat Engine DOWNLOAD CE

Understanding Memory Searching:
    Memory Searching Tutorials
    I know this is just a like to CE.org, but this site contains tons of tutorials on everything from finding pointers, DMA, Auto assembler, etc.

Server Sided vs. Client sided
    - by: rwkeith
    Explains the difference between and why they are important to memory hacking.

Memory Hacking Tools:
    Jetamay's cAddressTable A class for manipulating addresses in C++.

Using Cheat Engine:
    **************** Dark_Byte's website, has tons of information about CE.
    Matrix_NEO006's C++ Code Injection Turorial Credits go to Teneb.
    Using Memory Hacking Software:
    MHS Tutorials L.Spiro's forum for MHS. This is their tutorial forum.

Trainer Making:
    MFC TUTORIAL- Collection of Youtube videos, by our very own: Matrix_NEO006

UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
    Credits:
    Jetamay
    Matrix_NEO006
    rwkeith
    Last edited by why06; 03-13-2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: added MatrixNEO006's tuts on MFC

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

2. The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

-XpliCitt- (10-22-2009),3rw1n (06-12-2016),Alexlemaitre (05-10-2012),AlienwareCA (07-09-2010),alinisme (03-10-2010),Alroundeath (06-27-2010),andoroid18 (12-18-2009),ApertureLabs (07-12-2016),BRUNODOSSANTOS1993 (10-15-2015),CanadianBacon (02-14-2014),crushed (10-16-2009),dddrrr (06-15-2010),derek268383 (10-24-2011),dn5 (05-28-2011),Drake (05-29-2010),fuked (06-29-2010),GBot! (11-17-2010),geebes888 (10-16-2009),germanhacker (04-30-2010),h4x0rswln is back (12-19-2009),Hell_Demon (10-17-2009),hooch (02-15-2011),I-JlStepper-I (07-09-2010),IanIsRich (07-11-2010),james85x (05-09-2014),jbm1337 (06-21-2012),jokerskull123 (01-17-2010),jonnyboy9985 (08-17-2010),kuchbhilelo (12-06-2013),ladathion (07-25-2010),[MPGH]Liz (10-16-2009),Lolland (10-14-2009),Marsicano (10-16-2009),Matrix_NEO006 (10-14-2009),Mileko (11-04-2010),nofexcbrx (08-02-2018),Nur5 (07-13-2011),Obama (10-14-2009),origami7795 (12-15-2009),outspark4 (06-24-2010),plkdrmmr (11-03-2010),rtp_win (02-04-2012),skalmam (01-15-2017),Sneakzy (04-28-2010),superpondza (02-21-2011),SUPREMO8 (12-03-2010),thekm1994 (06-10-2010),Toxic Waltz (07-20-2010),unspeakable (09-17-2012),XGelite (10-14-2009),Zhhot (11-22-2009),[HE]Περσεύς[RO] (09-08-2010),___guilherme___ (11-27-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Good stuff, but be sure to explain the abbreviations such as SDK or Windows API. An SDK is a software development kit. Which is used in the software devolpment of several games. Windows API is also known as Application programming interface. You as a programmer sends commands to the API through a compiler and the API interprets the information. Now that's all cleared up this is a good guide. I see several mini-guides though. =( Making a very large detailed would be best, but I don't have the spare time unfortunately.
    Goals In Life:
    [X] Become an Advanced Member
    [X]Release a tut on mpgh
    [0]Post 300 posts
    [X]Make a working hack
    [X] Learn c++

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rwkeith For This Useful Post:

Soxis (03-28-2019),why06 (10-14-2009)

Thanks
    Thanks. you can find all this stuff in the 1st page of google. not that anyone searches google these days...... >:[

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Whats the google?
    Thanks for this guide man. Although I would like to know if that is actually toymaker's site.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I love google. I want it to have my kids +D

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by rwkeith View Post
    Good stuff, but be sure to explain the abbreviations such as SDK or Windows API. An SDK is a software development kit. Which is used in the software devolpment of several games. Windows API is also known as Application programming interface. You as a programmer sends commands to the API through a compiler and the API interprets the information. Now that's all cleared up this is a good guide. I see several mini-guides though. =( Making a very large detailed would be best, but I don't have the spare time unfortunately.
    Thanks rwkeith. I'm think I'm going to have to combine all of them together. Also I think I will try to add things like: "What is an SDK?" etc. to the FAQ. The good thing about the FAQ is it allows other users to contribute, which makes for a better guide and lightens the load.

I've still got to add a lot of other stuff to this.

@zeco: You want every website to have your kids >_>...

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    nice guides, im trynna get the ebook for the first one lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    arent u gonna make this sticky

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Man nice guide but atm i'm learning c++ from a really good guide but ill consider doing this later.
    [IMG]https://i644.photobucke*****m/albums/uu165/geebes888/V1.png[/IMG]

-Advertisements(Permanent ban)
    -Flaming(1+ day ban)
    -Nazi or Racist content/comments ( 5+ day ban)
    -Bumping old threads 1 week or older( 3 day ban)
    -Using outside download sources "Links"( 3+ day ban)
    -Spamming( 1+ day ban) -Begging for hacks ( 1 day ban)-
    No virus scan( 1 day ban)
    -Fake VirusScan ( 7+ day ban) -Posting Viruses,keyloggers (permanent ban) -
    Disrespect of Staff members (5+ day ban)

OMfG i hate hate noobs that ask for hacks they shuld just go in a hole and die

Thank me if i helped, or just thank me anyway

[Respect list]

Toymaker- for his crack hacking team.

[MPGH]-XpliCitt-

[MPGH]User1

[MPGH]Liz

[MPGH]Whitten

12. The Following User Says Thank You to geebes888 For This Useful Post:

iislight (06-01-2010)

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    sexy sexy,why06 do you code hacks?

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    sexy sexy,why06 do you code hacks?
    No, games have to much hack protection...>_> That's why I'm trying to learn enough to make a bypass. Then it should be easy to make hacks.

Man nice guide but atm i'm learning c++ from a really good guide but ill consider doing this later.
    And you should learn it later. It won't make sense till you have learned the basics. Anyhow I think I'll finish this up over Fall Break.
    Last edited by why06; 10-16-2009 at 07:18 AM.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by XGelite View Post
    Thanks. you can find all this stuff in the 1st page of google. not that anyone searches google these days...... >:[
    Google is so yesterday its all about bing!!

Help me raise The roof

Respected list
    [MPGH]Liz
    kvdirect
    [MPGH]why06

The following was an idea to let eachother ingame secretly know that your hack.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkuz00 View Post
    how about we "dave is the king" when we join a game :P
    Quote Originally Posted by aram0492 View Post
    how about "aram is the king" who the fk is dave?
    idk i rofled.

Save Gunz section "https://www.mpgh.net/forum/297-gunz-g...od-minion.html"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Bing sucks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Your mom...jk jk...sorry i had to.
    Anyways Bing is awesome!!

Help me raise The roof

Respected list
    [MPGH]Liz
    kvdirect
    [MPGH]why06

The following was an idea to let eachother ingame secretly know that your hack.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkuz00 View Post
    how about we "dave is the king" when we join a game :P
    Quote Originally Posted by aram0492 View Post
    how about "aram is the king" who the fk is dave?
    idk i rofled.

Save Gunz section "https://www.mpgh.net/forum/297-gunz-g...od-minion.html"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    I rove you Why...I mean Turtlesoss. lolol
    Haven't been on MSN much I see. xD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast