My Mood
    Amused

Chicken or the egg?

What came first?

Discuss.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Personally i believe in the theory of evolution were the chicken was derived from some sort of dinosaur and slowly but surly became the species we know and love to eat today
    so i personally believe that the chicken came first int he from of evolution.
    [IMG]https://i285.photobucke*****m/albums/ll44/sedanos55/sicktigerpick.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Well... yes, you are partly correct. In some book i read (ive read quite a few, over 100 at 14 years old xD and all over 150 pages small print) It said they slowly evolved and an egg was made from a bird, close to the chicken and was hatched as a chicken. I personally believe it was from a turkey =) So, egg, then chicken =)
    [IMG]https://i415.photobucke*****m/albums/pp231/TREXOX/Signature02.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    the chicken was evolved and mutated in the DNA of some dinasour....for the Egg to be a chicken egg the chicken would of needed to exsist first, so the logical and right answer is that the chicken came first mutated outta some dinasour as a mistake.
    [IMG]https://i15.photobucke*****m/albums/a359/FISHFROMLC2/ZenSig2.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    i think there is no real anwser

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    i think the answer is that anyone who thinks chickens come from dinosaurs is an idiot.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    the closest living relative of a T-Rex is a fucking chicken you twat. -.-
    [IMG]https://i15.photobucke*****m/albums/a359/FISHFROMLC2/ZenSig2.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    The chicken was made first.... and it layed eggs i think
    ~Th3KaNgSt3R

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    i think the answer is that anyone who thinks chickens come from dinosaurs is an idiot.
    "The first eggs appeared long before the first chickens. They didn't contain chickens, of course. But they contained the animals whose descendants would eventually become chickens.

The very first "eggs" were produced by ancient invertebrates that broadcast their gametes into the open ocean where sperm and egg fused to become a zygote (fertilized egg). Later evolution produced species that secreted a protective shell around the zygote, and this little capsule, as simple as it was, could still be considered an egg.

For the sake of argument, though, let's consider only the *amniotic*egg, which is unique to vertebrates (such as chickens). It contains a complex system of internal membranes that not only hold fluid to keep the embryo moist and cushioned, but also to collect its waste and hold its nourishment (yolk). The mammalian placental system is nothing more than a modified amniotic egg that is retained internally, lacks a shell, and has modified membranes. You can find a diagram and more information about the amniotic egg here:

Introduction to the Amniota

The very first organisms that produced an amniotic egg were terrestrial, reptile-like animals that didn't have feathers. But one branch of this lineage did evolve and give rise to the feathered reptiles we now know as birds. This change resulted from various forces, including natural selection, genetic drift (evolutionary change due to random chance and small population size) and chance mutations that proved beneficial to the individuals that inherited them. The first, ancestral "birds" were pretty much small, feathered dinosaurs. They laid amniotic eggs, but they weren't chickens. Some of their descendants evolved into today's chickens.

So if you want to take the "chicken or egg" question literally, then the egg evolved long before there were any chickens. It was only much later that the first "chicken" popped out of that amniotic egg that had given rise to many other species before."

Source:
    Evolution: evolution of the chicken, ucmp berkeley, amniotic egg

Debate Over.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 10-17-2009 at 11:55 AM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paroxysm For This Useful Post:

(G)rapefruit (10-18-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    "The first eggs appeared long before the first chickens. They didn't contain chickens, of course. But they contained the animals whose descendants would eventually become chickens.

The very first "eggs" were produced by ancient invertebrates that broadcast their gametes into the open ocean where sperm and egg fused to become a zygote (fertilized egg). Later evolution produced species that secreted a protective shell around the zygote, and this little capsule, as simple as it was, could still be considered an egg.

For the sake of argument, though, let's consider only the *amniotic*egg, which is unique to vertebrates (such as chickens). It contains a complex system of internal membranes that not only hold fluid to keep the embryo moist and cushioned, but also to collect its waste and hold its nourishment (yolk). The mammalian placental system is nothing more than a modified amniotic egg that is retained internally, lacks a shell, and has modified membranes. You can find a diagram and more information about the amniotic egg here:

Introduction to the Amniota

The very first organisms that produced an amniotic egg were terrestrial, reptile-like animals that didn't have feathers. But one branch of this lineage did evolve and give rise to the feathered reptiles we now know as birds. This change resulted from various forces, including natural selection, genetic drift (evolutionary change due to random chance and small population size) and chance mutations that proved beneficial to the individuals that inherited them. The first, ancestral "birds" were pretty much small, feathered dinosaurs. They laid amniotic eggs, but they weren't chickens. Some of their descendants evolved into today's chickens.

So if you want to take the "chicken or egg" question literally, then the egg evolved long before there were any chickens. It was only much later that the first "chicken" popped out of that amniotic egg that had given rise to many other species before."

Source:
    Evolution: evolution of the chicken, ucmp berkeley, amniotic egg

Debate Over.
    Aaaargh! An intelligent post...

Lol... You're awesome.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    GOD made these chickeny thingys that then made eggs

Thanks
    That Question Has Stumped Millions Of People,I Doubt Someone Would Find An Answer On A Hacking Forum

OBVIOUSLY THE EGG CAME FIRST,When The Earth Was Created Science OR God Made The Egg...Science Combined Genetics Too Accidentally Make A Growing Chick....God Just Created Him

I Don't Believe Either....Really I Don't Even Care..I'm Just Happy We Have Chickens

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    O.o

chicken, then it made eggs.

Not a hard question seeing as how a baby chick would die.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Well here is to explanations.

For those who believe in God:
    When earth was created, he created two humans Adam and Eve, also giving everything to start a world, including two (one male, one female) of each animal species.
    Thus the chicken must have came first.

For non-believers:
    As the last living dinosaurs had to evolve to adapt to they're environments they changed in many ways, which would mean that the dinosaur came first.
    If the chicken evolved from the dinosaur then, what we need to ask is "What came first the dinosaur or the dinosaur egg.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    The chiken came first that i think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast