Thread: Jailbreak Guide

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Post Jailbreak Guide

What are the advantages and disadvantages
    of having a Jailbroken PS3?

Advantages:

You can backup your game discs in PS3 built in storage. No need to worry about changing discs all the time whenever you want to load a new game. Also the game loads very faster than when loading from disc. In most citys PS3 games are available for renting, you can rent and copy the disc onto your PS3 or you can download them online and transfer it to your Ps3.

MKV format does not need any introduction for the movie lovers. The main drawback for PS3 is it can't play MKV videos. Showtime is a app for Jailbroken PS3's, it can play 1080p HD videos.

If you are a developer you can do magic with PS3 Linux (Ubuntu) can be installed on PS3.

Disadvantages:

The main disadvantage of PS3 Jailbreak is going online, there is a chance of being banned off of the PSN. You can unban yourself but you will have to buy a new console I.D.

If you have a Jailbroken PS3 you cant update it to latest the original firmware, because the latest original firmware replaces the Jailbroken custom firmware and removes the Jailbreak. PS3 firmware regularly updates to patch Jailbreak custom firmware to stop the service, so when this happens you are stuck waiting for the custom firmware update to match the original firmware update.

On a Jailbroken PS3 you can't access the Playstation Plus service.

How do I Jailbreak/Downgrade my PS3?
    THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO JAILBREAK A PS3 THAT IS ON OFW 3.56 OR HIGHER You have to have a hardware device such as an e3 Flasher, Progskeet, or Teensy to be able to downgrade your console to OFW 3.55 there is NO other way to do it.

How do I spoof my Rogero 4.55 CFW to 4.66 to play online?
    Alright so Sony released there new OFW 4.66 and now everyone is waiting on the new CFW's to come out to match the OFW. Well until that happens you will need to spoof your console into thinking that it is on 4.66. To do this you will need to download the file from this link:
    https://www.********e.com/download/2....4-V0100-PE.pkg
    Once you have downloaded it take the package file and put it on the root of your USB and plug it into your PS3, install the package file, click on the new app, then click "Activate Spoofer" once you do this you will be returned back to your XMB, go to your system info, it should now say 4.66. You are now able to sign into PSN and play online.

How to transfer pirated games onto your PS3?​

Once you have downloaded your game, you should have a folder similar to this "BLUS31270-[Call of Duty Ghosts]" It may be slightly different. but as long as there's another folder inside this called "PS3_GAME" your fine.

If you downloaded the game and you have been left with a rar file, you will need to extract it before moving on with the tut.

To transfer your games you will need a software on your PC called Filezilla, once you have installed it open it, now move onto your PS3 and open multiMan. Go to the left to system info, it will show your I.P. address. Type your I.P. into Filezilla in the top left where it says host. Then click connect.

It will now show all the folders on your ps3, double click dev_hdd0, you now should see a folder called 'GAMES'. If you don't you will need to make the folder. Now transfer your downloaded game into the GAMES folder.

It will take a little while, once finished. On multiMan go to the games row, at the top it will say refresh. click it. now your game should pop up.

Press square on it. in the bottom left you will see a box with some options in it, click internal hd and bd mirror. Press o.

Make sure you have a disc in the PS3, now click the game you just transferred in multiMan it will take you back to the XMB, go to where your game disc normally is. you will now see its the game you just downloaded start the game.

Setting up your PS3 & PC to RTM:​
    You need to have your PS3 connected to the internet by one of these two ways.

First is to have a ethernet cable going from your PS3 to your router, and another cable going from your PC to your router.

The second way is to have a ethernet cable going from your PC to your PS3, you can only do this if your PC is wireless. If you want to use this method you will need to bridge your connections on your PC. To do this go Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and sharing center. On the side bar click network adapter settings. Highlight the local and wireless connections, right click and click bridge. If you can connect online on your ps3 you did it right.

If you are on DEX you will need to go settings > debug settings > network settings for debug and make sure its set to single settings.

How to RTM on CEX:

RTM on CEX is simple, first you will need to download this file:

https://www.********e.com/download/7v...ckage_2.50.rar

Once downloaded open the rar file and copy the
    XX0001-ENSTONEXX_00-00000000000CCAPIv2.50.pkg file onto your USB.

Now plug the USB into your ps3 and install the package file.

You will now have a app called CCAPI, click on it and click OK/Yes on all the options. After it will reboot your ps3.

You are now done just start the game of your choice and on your RTM tool click the CEX option and type your ps3 I.P. into it and connect. Once on the game click attach. You can now use the tool.

How to Unban Your PS3 Console:​

Things you'll need:
    -A real console ID (generated ones may work, only real way is to get one from another console)
    -PSID Patch: Download Regular | Download Stealth
    -Optional: PSID patch to match the console ID (makes it look authentic)

1. Install PSN Patch.
    2. Make a .txt named consoleid.txt and add the console ID that you obtained. It should look something like this:
    Code (Text):
    0000000100850007F400156D349708FC000000000000000000 00000000000000
    And transfer it to your USB.
    3. Launch PSN Patch on your PS3 with your USB in your PS3.
    4. Press L1 or R1 (depending on what you're spoofing). If you used a real console ID you should be able to connect to PSN.

If you get an error "0x8002a224" your console ID is not valid.

Credits:
    Reaper
    Last edited by nisva; 11-27-2014 at 04:28 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

ps4

can i backup discs on ps4 too. where is that thred? thanks