Thread: In Tribute

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

In Tribute

This is a new gfx/anime project i'm going to work on. It can involve you 2.

I'm going to make a render of an anime that i think deserves it. I will then write a paragraph or so of why i think this anime deserves some tribute.

Now here is where you guys come in. I encourage you to do a lil gfx work, nothing on the actual gfx team level, but just a lil something, talk about why you like the anime, next person. Feel free to do mutiple anime. But please DO NOT just put a SS of the anime with no GFX.

I require at least a render(doesn't have to have to be transparent background) and text for this project. If you want me to do this for you, just tell me what anime. If you want a certain person from the anime or a certain moment, thats fine too. But if you want a certain moment, you need to get the pic yourself.

-note: I will be posting my first tribute later today.

-second note: please don't spam this.

-Update: Darker than Black
    Last edited by Empire; 10-19-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    woot first post...any ways thats all i have to say

edit:maybe ill do some work later
    Quote Originally Posted by dk173 View Post
    i never had a gf -_-
    [IMG]https://i281.photobucke*****m/albums/kk231/drsynyster/ShadowWrath.png[/IMG]
    ^^Made by: Shayne^^
    I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.
    Leonardo da Vinci

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    [IMG]https://i334.photobucke*****m/albums/m414/sjwho2/Final.png[/IMG]

Darker than Black

Darker than black really had something special that i usually don't see in anime. It was kind of a action-thriller type, at the same time it was a anime where you kept wanting to know about the past, to know what actually happened back then. The series itself started off slowly, with all the pieces coming together as the show went on. You actually didn't find out the main characters power till later on, and even then he still had tricks up his sleeve. That is one of the most interesting parts of the first season, its not some "he has this skill, then he learns this one" anime. One big shock would come(usually with amber) and then another, until the last part of the season when everything came crashing down.

I liked this overall tone. The mood was rather dark most of the time with the main character, Hei, But all the side characters usually had their funny moments. The humor was light, but since most of it was rather dark it made it stand out.

Though I'm witholding my judgement on the second season until more episodes come out. This series really only needed a first season with the ending they gave it.

This anime deserved tribute.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Lol this will be fun

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I'll post on this tommorow hopefully. Been rly busy lately >_<

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Code Geass:

Now i make fun of code geass every chance i get. It honestly had some obscenely gay moments, hence Code Gayass.

But despite all my criticisms this anime was great. I watched it since it came out, and is one of the few that i made sure to watch the day the subs came out. This anime was more like a weekly action/drama. It always had some sort of plot twist in the end. The plot was kinda inspiring/crazy because each season had lil mini arcs which Lelouch would conquest to something else. The overall plot devices were well used(geass,mechs,and strategy). This anime will always remind me of how much i loved anime and would watch it weekly because it was so interesting.

The only fault i find in CG is that it had severall "wtf"or "oops!" moments.(spoiler) I'ma list them in my ranking.
    1. Suzaku blowing up the entire city. I was like....wtf who shoots something that can blow up a city at one mech? It would be like shooting a atom bomb at one mech.
    2. Ending. Now i rly thought the ending was good. It had closure. But I'd have lelouch enslave everyone.
    3. Shirley's death.(nuff said, don't take out the melons).
    4. The second season.
    5. Lelouch making all out war on accident(euphemia lulz).

Thats about all i can remember. This anime deserved tribute.(sorry for the double post, i thought the edit button was 24)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    DeathNote:

Death Note. Its an extremely popular anime and manga. Pretty much everyone has heard of it, watched it, and loved it. Its one of the few non-action anime that make it big and i think it deserves that. I bought this manga when it first came out in the states. Good stuff. It had a excellent, original story, and the art from Takeshi Obata is godly.(honestly, this pair is probally the top anime writers). This manga had no faults, really. Though i dislike the second arc from the first, it was probally one of the best anime/manga with a story that made you think.

This anime deserved tribute

-btw: feel free to post ppl, its not hard.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    American death note movie..

gonna be the best death note EVER!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    please refrain from spamming.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Gurren Lagann

This series is like FLCL, lots of random action with great animation. They pretty much overcome any obstacle possible in combination/extreme action sequences.
    This anime is uplifting,depressing, and all around a great anime. I didn't like the second season as much, but its probally in my all time top five favorite anime. Lots of fanservice, lots of garness, and it pretty much is the most optimistic anime i've seen lulz.

Thanks
    lulz i found a great gurren lagann amv on that site u gave to hyak that played that i'll make a man out of you thing from mulan and every anime you have listed is my favorite next do bakemonogatari and you're all set haha
    ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
    Die!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Yeah, all those AMV's are from the animeFTW group.(2-5 ppl make one amv/edit it.)
    -Not doing Bakemonogatari because its not finished.
    -I think i'll make a manga tribute sometime.

Black Lagoon
    The tale of Rock. One guy who if i was him, all i'd be thinking was FML. The plot is about mercenaries(Revy,Benny,Dutch) and one unfortunate soul, Rock. Now this anime isn't comedy romance, its a shootem up in a sense. It still has humor, but its like darker than black, or index. Some funny parts, serious stuff, then reflection. I like all the characters in this series even the side ones: the badass ballaika, the twisted twins, and the android(lulz). The main character, Rock is likeable and you kinda sympathize with him, he is basically an ordinary guy. Now the other main character, Revy, is probally in any sense of the word, NOT normal, she kills things. Well thats about it, i think that its a worthwhile watch and think if you liked DTB its a must see.

Stay tuned for Baccono! next, unless gourav will do it.